eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Search Filter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladeeboutique

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Search Filter Reply with quote

I was searching and selected the United States filter. Although none of my products showed up, I noticed listings from a "WDDRESSES". These listings took up 30 -40 pages and the seller's location is China. Do we have problems with search filters often?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry too much about using the search engine for the eCrater marketplace. The vast majority of your customers will come via Google or other search engines.

Just a suggestion, work on your titles. Think like a customer, describe your items and add relevant keywords that will lead customers to what you have for sale.

This dress for example - Color Block Tiered Dress: 4.

No color mentioned and not much of a title, use some of the keywords you use in your description.
V-Neckline
Tiered front
Sleeveless
Metallic speckled bodice
Polyblend/Spandex
Classic fit silhouette

Good luck and welcome to eCrater!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Ditto what Frilly said with some added suggestions. Since to see the whole description on most people’s monitors, you must scroll down and then the title disappears, you should also repeat the name of what you are selling as the first line of your description (just my opinion, not everyone does it).

You also might want to add more info. Like that "V-Neck Tunic Blouse Top: S". You say in the description that the front is made of chiffon but no mention of the fabric for the back or sleeves at all. Nor do you mention care instructions - wash or dry clean? Some other garment sellers do measurement of the garments in specific spots to help a buyer have a better idea of the sizing that company uses. If possible measurements should be given in inches and metric.

As to searches, what are your search words? I just did a search for 'Dress' and got a lot of Chinese dresses, or US based sellers selling Chinese goods, and I also found a lot of sewing patterns for dresses. The search worked, it just needs more parameters for looking.
With your titles, you are allowed 100 characters. For the above-mentioned top, you use only 26. This is a waste of valuable 'real estate'. The bots that scour the internet are looking at approximately the first 60-75 characters and you are leaving out more than half of that. By not putting more info in the title, your potential buyers will just skip over it to find something that tells them more of what they want to know, like what is the brand, what color, dressy or casual, etc. Your titles can have 100 characters, you can have up to 10 pictures and you have unlimited space in to describe your item so that a buyer can confidently know what they are buying.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked this listing at random …
http://ladeeboutique.ecrater.com/p/27424566/off-shoulder-blue-top-m#

The primary image is too small (500x500). The search engines prefer an image that is at least 800x800 (or have one dimension at least 800).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: