eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How To Add Individual Shipping Costs to Each Item

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEARSNTREASURES

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: How To Add Individual Shipping Costs to Each Item Reply with quote

Hi,
New shop. I recently imported items from Ebay and each of my items had an individualized shipping cost per item that did not transfer to ecrater. I do not want to calculate shipping based on weight. I just want to add the shipping cost I want to each item. How do I do this? Right now it says everything in my shop has free shipping which is not correct. Thank You!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. I noted that one of your items had a shipping price to it and one you stated was free shipping, so I'm not sure if you found the solution, but in a nutshell, kind of, here it is.

When you bring your stock in a download from eBay, all listings need to be touched up. You need to take out references to auctions as there are no auctions here, you need to assign each item to a category not leave in a lump of 'My eBay' - this is eCRATER. You may think that since they are all bears, they can stay in one category, but wouldn't it be nicer to have the Christmas themed bears in their own category? And I just noticed you have a cat which would need their own category. All this can be done on the page for editing you listing and then as the last thing, insert your flat rate shipping amount for each bear. Easy Very Happy

As I'm not sure of the weight changes between your items, using the matrix helps to combine shipping without you needing to issue an invoice on your own. In the years I have been selling here with the matric, I have had any where from 2 to 27 items combined on an invoice and the shipping was right on unless I goofed with how heavy something was. And it remained my goof as we can not ask for more money after a customer has paid.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, Welcome to eCRATER!

For the short answer, log into your store, scroll down to Account: > Options and remove the check from the box beside "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". If you plan to ship to any location other than the 50 U.S. states, go to Shipping & Taxes and add the location to BOTH your Shipping Zones and Flat Shipping Zones.

Now you go to each item, scroll down to Shipping, click on Flat Rate Shipping to: and you will see boxes for the US Mainland, Alaska & Hawaii plus any other 4 locations you select. (You are only allowed 7 Flat Shipping zones and the first 3 are required.) If you do not want to offer a discounted shipping if they purchase more than one item, add the same price for the second item shipping. Once you entered the price in all boxes, BE SURE to click one of the update buttons.

Weight is a required field, but if you are using Flat Shipping Zones you don't have to put a correct number.

The big downside to this approach would be you have to change your shipping cost for every item in your store when the shipping company changes their rates. Remember, items listed on eCRATER are free to list and stay listed until either they sell or you remove them.

Another point, here the buyer can't do this: "If you are buying multiple auctions of mine and would like to save on shipping, please add the items to your shopping cart and click on "request total from seller," then wait for a revised invoice from me before paying." When a buyer puts the items in their cart, they are expected to pay the amount shown. Also, items are available for purchase until the buyer pays. The only way this could happen would be for the buyer to contact you through the Contact buyer link and make the request. Then you would have two options, you could create a listing for this one customer or sent them an invoice through PayPal. On eCRATER, you are expected to have the shipping ready for the customer when they want to buy.

There are advantages of using the matrix and/or the USPS Calculated that you might want to consider. However, if you already know your shipping from eBay, the Flat Shipping would be a quick way to add shipping to your items while you working on setting up your store.
BEARSNTREASURES

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You! Smile
BEARSNTREASURES

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: