eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I cancel order

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xcellenceoutlet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: How do I cancel order Reply with quote

Customer don't want to pay shipping charges,
an email reply request cancel order
I try to do so not find any tag or link to cancel order

Please help
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they pay you? If not, there is absolutely nothing that you must do. It will show as an unpaid order on your order sheet. If they paid and then decided it was too much, refund their money. I never delete orders from my order list as I want them there in case someone ever comes back a month or so later saying why didn't you send my order, so you can see it was never paid for and remind them of that. Or you can look all day and never find such an order and tell them they have the wrong seller and send them on to the eCRATER team to help them. I have such a large quantity of patterns in my store, when someone doesn't get theirs they look to see who has the pattern, usually me, and then write and ask why I haven't shipped it or whatever and I can tell them with not much hunting that they didn't buy it from me. Of course, IF they had bought it from me, they wouldn’t be having a problem.

Some like to delete orders that are canceled, etc. and you are certainly entitled to do so, I just don’t think it is that good of habit to get into.
xcellenceoutlet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moonwish Store

Customer in UK Item price is $40 shipping cost is around $80

I send email with shipping cost and they reply in email cancel order

customer pay via PayPal, but I did not accept this transaction,

I keep there email in record and deny PayPal transaction.

Is this ok

I am new just start 3/4 month a age on eCrater and this is my 3rd sale.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I see part of the problem with your UK order. I just checked how much it would be if I was in the UK to have the EasyBake oven sent to me. It came up as $0.00. That means according to ecrater rules, you can NOT ask for shipping money. All listings must be presented in such a way so that the customer knows upon checking out how much the total cost would be. You can not list something with $0.00 shipping and handling and then ask for 8 cents much less $80. My advice to you until you get your shipping sorted out for international sales is to sell only to the USA. Otherwise you will be getting lots of international orders that you have to ship for free. If buyers complain of you asking for additional money or canceling orers because of it, and tell ecrater, you will find yourself most likely kick off of ecrater. You are not set up for international orders at all.

Your US shipping prices are also not correct. On the same Easy Bake oven I was given four shipping options. The first being a Priority flat rate envelope. I defy you to put an Easy Bake oven in a flat rate envelope. But since it is cheapest your customers aren't going to care and they will choose that as their mailing method. As mentioned before, you can NOT ask buyers to pay more even if you make a mistake on shipping quotes. And this is not considered the buyers error, it is yours as you offered it. I checked the same oven on Amazon and it is 6# which means at a minimum about $10 to ship and more depending on how far it is going.

I don't use calculated shipping, so I am not any help on setting it up, but you are gong to be losing money in a big way as you are charging really reduced prices with shipping prices that aren't correct as well. To follow the rules here, you will have to ship for whatever they pay for sending an item to them. You may be losing a lot of money.
xcellenceoutlet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moonwish Store

Now I put almost everything on-hold until I fix my shipping cost

Thank you
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your are welcome.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to ship to the UK or elsewhere abroad, make sure your shipping zones to UK, EU, AU etc are not checked.
If you enter your weight correctly (you might have to fudge the weight on the oven so it won't ship as a padded envelope.)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: