eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Invalid GTIN value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEARSNTREASURES

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Invalid GTIN value Reply with quote

Hi,
I sell bears and I have had 250 out of 250 rejected with invalid GTIN value. I click on the G and add the information and the G becomes bold. I had listed brand Boyds, MPN and the actual number and UPC false because they don't have UPC's. Do I add identifier_exists and false instead of UPC false? Do I keep the brand and MPN still listed with identifier_exists false? I hope I can get the hang of this soon! Thank you for any help!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Invalid GTIN value Reply with quote

BEARSNTREASURES wrote:
Do I add identifier_exists and false instead of UPC false? Do I keep the brand and MPN still listed with identifier_exists false?
Yes, you would use the identifier_exists and false since these are NOS and you don't have the UPCs. Your second question doesn't have a definite answer. At this time it appears it doesn't make a difference to Google Shopping when you don't have the UPC and use the identifier_exists / false. Personally, I add the brand and MPN plus the identifier_exists / false and I've had no trouble.

Once you correct the issue, it can take weeks for the error message to go away, so don't get upset that it isn't instant. The next feed will be sent to GS with your corrected info, but it can take awhile for Google to check and give an all clear. Meanwhile, your items will be shown in GS just fine.
BEARSNTREASURES

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't working, please see below.

Last edited by BEARSNTREASURES on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
BEARSNTREASURES

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I tried adding the brand (boyds), mpn (the number), and identifier_exists (false) and it gives me a new error message "Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan." The small "g" that was bold, now is not bold. Am I missing something? Thank You
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read my second paragraph? You will get the error message because you listed the item as new (or new-other) and did not give a upc. The error message may take several weeks to go away. As long as your item does not have a upc code AND it's older stock AND you entered the identifier_exists / false, then you are good to go.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe you're supposed to list the mpn if you choose id_exists - false. As the mpn is connected (usually) to the upc, so by such, if you have an mpn, you should have a upc. If that makes sense.

Google appears to be clearing house indescriminately right now anyway. Probably doesn't matter what you do. Waiting for the dust to settle--unless there's some big Sad Panda update going on I'm not privy to?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC - that isn't always the case. All my patterns have mpns, but not neccessarily a upc. Or it is an old upc that google rejects anyhow.

These attributes drive me crazy.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon - understood. It's just that for the longest I didn't bother updating some of those old listings to remove the mpn. Why? Because the items were still listed, and with Google it's always better to leave well enough alone. So one day I notice hits going nowhere and I go checking. The item's gone. I decide to go ahead and delete that mpn. And BOOM next time, it's back. Don't know if it was Google being schizo, or just finally getting to me. Either way, weirdness.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Google being schizo

That is my thought exactly. I just went to the list of examples that they give you under google shopping. I 'fixed' the first three that said something was wrong with the gtin. All had their appropriate brands, mpn, and upc. Of note in with my regular listings they are not red exclamation pointed!!! Yet those three have been on that list for months if not a year! So I tried to fix them again.
Moroccanfingerprint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Invalid GTIN value Reply with quote

Dear BEARSNTREASURES,

You should read this article in Google help center About unique product identifiers, especially this paragraph: Products without a GTIN.
Link: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161?hl=en
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: