eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

First Sale Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmantorysUniqueFinds

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: First Sale Question Reply with quote

I just made a sale but didn't receive payment but got an order confirmation. Didn't go to my PP but there's three options.
1. Delete
2. Mark As Paid
3. Add Tracking Number

Do I need to click on #2? To release the payment? Not sure what's going on. Thank you in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like a vacant order, no money, no sale, I just delete them.

You may get two or 3 in a row and the last one paid, I also delete those non paid ones.

Other people say to send an invoice to make it easy for them to pay, but I don't do that.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to payment options, uncheck cash on delivery. If you have Paypal express option checked, the payment should take place right away. They would have to pay or abandon the transaction. I have both Paypal and Stripe. I have not had any nonpayments in quite some time because the buyer has to choose either one before they end the transaction. Cash on delivery is an old fashioned option where the mailman must pick up the money for you. From what I understand about it there is some kind of service fee involved for that.

When I used to have nonpayment I would send a Paypal invoice to the customer.
ArmantorysUniqueFinds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. Appreciate the help and advice.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not do any of the three things you have listed.
Quote:
1. Delete
2. Mark As Paid
3. Add Tracking Number

1. I never delete orders that didn't get paid, for one very good reason. Some buyers apparently have the brains of a flea and even though they never paid for anything in a couple of weeks they will be bugging you as to where is their stuff. Very easy to see that unpaid 'order' and tell them that they never paid for it (and if you still have it) offer to send them a PP invoice that they can pay for it with.

2. Why mark as paid when it hasn't been? If it isn't showing in PP and that was where it should be coming from, it will show in PP as paid and in ecrater if should also show as paid. I never send a thing until PP or Stripe show that I have money for the order.

3. No point adding a tracking number, since you can't get one until you actually buy postage and again why buy postage for something that hasn't been paid for.

------

If you don't see a payments come through within a couple of hours, I send a PP invoice and if that isn't paid within a couple of days, just assume that there has been no transaction.

Please note that until it is paid, for your item will still be available for sale. If it gets paid for with the PP invoice you will manually need to change the quantity. If someone else buys it, then you need cancel the PP invoice as well.

Congrats on making a sale so quick, we hope.
ArmantorysUniqueFinds

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Glad I didn't delete it yet. This customer is from where i'm from so we're meeting up. Wish it was on here to get my first five stars lol. It's cool tho. Hopefully not my last sale. I thought option #2 would release the funds or something. Reason for this post. Wanted to make sure because I was definitely going to click on that option to see what happened lol.

Thank you for the advice!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. I have a goal that all sellers here, be the best they can be to make this a site where everyone wants to shop at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: