eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Serious Concerns about CANADA POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Serious Concerns about CANADA POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I now have very serious concerns about Canada Post.

I sold an item to a buyer in Canada. $60 in value and of course sent ir by Registered Post with a tracking number.

After three weeks the package not show on Canada Post tracking and the buyer has gone to PayPal about non delivery and the money now on hold. I can see the package left my country to be passed to canada Post and have date and time of this. However no entry on Canda Post site.

I contacted Canada Post and received a reply.

Please read the reply below. There is no tracking on inbound International Post even if you have paid for tracking. Any buyer can say they nt received the package and there is no way online for the seller to see where the package is in Canada.
Anyone selling online for any time will know there are as many bad buyers as bad seller, perhaps more. So now Canadians can buy and then ask PayPal for money back, which they will receive as seller can not prove delivery of item. Am I the only one to have serious concerns about Canada Post?

'Hi John.Tracking is no longer available on International Inbound Registered items. If you have concerns about this item, please initiate a trace with the postal service used to send the items. They will then work with Canada Post international claims to investigate.

However, as long as the address of the item is correct and sufficient postage used, there is no reason for concern! The item could be delayed in customs and once released to us, we will sort and delivery as quickly as possible'
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For $60 value it is quite likely that your Canadian buyer needs to pay an import tax to receive the package. This could explain why the buyer hasn't received it yet or at least claims to. Or it honestly could be still stuck in Canadian customs.
USPS will track the package through Canada if the postage is printed online. I see you are not in the USA though. We US sellers have the same problem with most other countries. The package is tracked until it leaves the US. Then we hope and pray the buyer is honest because it will never show in tracking that it was delivered.
I'm so sorry as without proof of delivery to the buyer's address PayPal will side with the buyer. You should file a claim with your postal service though just in case.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaelily wrote:
. We US sellers have the same problem with most other countries. The package is tracked until it leaves the US. Then we hope and pray the buyer is honest because it will never show in tracking that it was delivered.

I'm not sure why you are having trouble with tracking to foreign destinations unless they are ones that the PO doesn't track to, but I do know that the UK and AUS for sure is tracked right up to their mailbox. I haven't had a bit of trouble with international sales since the tracking went into effect several years ago. Not all countries do the tracking at their end, but you can found out which of them don't at the USPS website. Unless something changed in the last day or two, which I don't think has happened.

That being said I have noticed that some mail to Canada can take a really long time. I live about 100 miles form the border and maybe 200 miles, if that to Toronto and I still see mail going there taking a few weeks. Canada wants to get every bit of revenue that they can so I too would suspect the customs guys and then when a buyer finds out what is due them, watch out. Suddenly it is the sellers fault, even though it isn't.

BTW - Hello Little Shop, haven't seen you around for a long time. Hope things are well for you.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Canada, the UK, and AUS always track. However, I ship to most other countries on FeeBay and unfortunately many of the packages are not tracked after leaving the US anymore, at least not for first class mail. Some countries are supposed to but don't scan it. Or it will scan through international customs but never delivery. I haven't had an international INR case in quite some time but it used to happen a lot more frequently (at least for me).
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Little-e-shop, good to see you back on the forum. You need to check with your country of mailing to see if they offer international delivery confirmation. Here in the US there is a big difference in "Registered" mail and Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International Service.

@Shaelily, you might find this link helpful on the USPS website: https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm?q=Delivery+Confirmation&t=H&s=R&p=1&c=DMM|DMM100|IMM . There is a list of the countries currently accepting Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation. You must print your postage online and use an electronically generated PS FORM 2976 that includes the Post Expres logo. I don't know if this is available with eBay or PayPal shipping. It is available with Endicia and Stamps.com.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Little Shop. Long time no see.

Even from the US it takes forever for packages to get delivered in Canada. On the other hand I can ship a package from Vancouver to NYC or Miami and it will get there in 3-4 days airmail with no tracking or registration in most cases. 2 days to NYC was my record.

I think what it boils down to Canada is eager to get rid of packages they will make no money off of but examine everything else to make sure no tax or duty is due. They have a $5 handling charge on everything they touch. (They don't touch all packages. It depends on the size, value and what you wrote on the customs form.) If they deem it should be opened it could take longer.

I would follow the instructions CP sent you. If the package hasn't arrived in Canada they can't track it but the registration number you have could help locate it if it is lost.

If the package can't be delivered, Canada Post will see it is returned to you. That really takes a long time.

I just checked your store. Did you ship from the UK or the Ukraine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: