eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Webpage has no title

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JFJ917

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Webpage has no title Reply with quote

I have no website I don't understand how to get my website up and going
you type the url http://www.jasperflowersjewelry.creater.com, I get there is no web site Confused Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you registered for eCRATER the first question asked is for your Store ID and you entered jfj917. The url for your store is http://www.jfj917.ecrater.com but I see you wanted the name of your store to be JasperFlowersJewelry.
At this point you have several choices,
1.. accept the name of your store url is jtj917
2.. open a new store with the name you want and close your original store
3.. Contact eCRATER and request a name change (there is a one time fee)
4.. register a domain name and use a custom domain name on eCrater (yearly fee to eCrater & to the domain register)

If it were my choice, I'd probably go with option 2 or 3. For option 3, you will need to contact eCrater regarding the fee to change the name of your store. It's a manual process and I think (not sure) the fee depends on the level of work required to change all the links in your store. If you would rather choose Option 2 and open a new store, you'll need to use a different email from the one you used when you opened your first store. You can put your current store on hold while you cut/paste all the text to pages to your new store, but you'll need to up load all your photos again. Once you have all info in your new store, be sure to go into the admin of your original store and close it.

You can have as many stores as you wish on eCRATER as long as each store has it's own email address and there is no duplicate listings of items (which is why you must put your 1st store on hold while you move your items). Personally, I have one company name under which I legally conduct business, but I have 4 stores (store IDs) on eCRATER because I need to use 4 different shipping methods to achieve the results I wanted.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Webpage has no title Reply with quote

JFJ917 wrote:
I have no website I don't understand how to get my website up and going
you type the url http://www.jasperflowersjewelry.creater.com, I get there is no web site Confused Confused

Part of the problem is your url code is wrong. We are eCRATER, not creater.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch Moonwishes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Good catch Moonwishes.

It helps to be dyslexic! LOL!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, good catch Moonwishes! I was so focused on the primary problem that she was looking for JasperFlowersJewelry when the name of her store is JFJ917 that I completely failed to mention the secondary problem of her looking for creater instead of ecrater.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever seen those puzzles where all the letters that belong in a word are there, but just mixed up? I can read those as fast as if they were in the right order! When I hear of the sad things about those being diagnosed now with dyslexia, I know I am blessed to have had a teacher and my mother work with me to be able to read. 30K+ books later I still appreciate it, but I know the frustration and embarrassment it can cause.

Even now, I consistently spell 'about' incorrectly and on pattern descriptions 'waist' is almost always spelled wrong. And I always spell it wrong in the same way! Weird. I am so thankful for whoever invented the spellcheck. However spell check doesn't catch words that are wrong but are spelled correctly and that is always tough to catch on URLs since they always look like gobbledygook.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: