eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping on Google

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beckalar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Shipping on Google Reply with quote

Is anyone having an issue with Google shopping stating free shipping on items when the actual listing on eCRATER clearly says Shipping: USPS calculated - check for every item? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When eCRATER pulls the data for the Google Shopping feed they have no way of knowing the shipping amount for USPS Calculated shipping because they don't know where the buyer would live. If the seller uses USPS Calculated shipping, the system looks to the item page for 1st) Free Shipping, 2nd) Flat Rate Shipping for that item, then 3rd) the Weight Matrix if option 1 and 2 are blank. If all 3 options are blank, the feed will list $0.00 shipping. Since you are seeing $0.00 shipping for your items in Google Shopping, I'm assuming you have not created a backup for your USPS Calculated Shipping.

When you use USPS Calculated shipping you MUST have a backup shipping method in place. Not only will the backup be used in the Google Shopping feed (which eCRATER provides at no cost to eCRATER sellers), it is also used if the USPS site is slow and times out during the customer's checkout process. This rarely happens, but can and does happen.

You can choose Free Shipping, Flat Rate Shipping or Weight Matrix for each item, so it's possible to use a combination of methods if you wish. Looking at the items you sell, you might benefit from the system I use in my SheilaDeesTreasureFinds store. I have the weight matrix completed, but I have the flat rate shipping listed on the individual item page for every item that would require a 3 lb, 5 lb, 7 lb, etc weight or could be shipped at a First Class rate. I have a database with all my items listed that is coded to show the items listed on eCRATER with a Flat Rate backup shipping so I can quickly find them after a postage increase. This system is way more work, but it does allow a more accurate shipping to be shown in Google Shopping.
beckalar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, thank you for your help. It is more work, yes, but will try to follow up on your suggestions.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
When eCRATER pulls the data for the Google Shopping feed they have no way of knowing the shipping amount for USPS Calculated shipping because they don't know where the buyer would live. If the seller uses USPS Calculated shipping, the system looks to the item page for 1st) Free Shipping, 2nd) Flat Rate Shipping for that item, then 3rd) the Weight Matrix if option 1 and 2 are blank. If all 3 options are blank, the feed will list $0.00 shipping. Since you are seeing $0.00 shipping for your items in Google Shopping, I'm assuming you have not created a backup for your USPS Calculated Shipping.
My rcollection (once upon a time, might have changed) is that Google Shopping was trying to identify where the prospective customer was located, and would generate some semblance of a shipping amount. At least I remember back in the day. Maybe that has been discontinued somewhere along the way. I do remember that if you were signed into Google, vs not being signed in, there was different behavior.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: