eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bulk Edit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NortheastPennants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Bulk Edit Reply with quote

Is there anyway to bulk edit! Or do I have to edit one at a time.
I want to edit something in my descriptions.
Gets frustrating when there's a lot of products.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have a Global editor that MAY work for you. If you have a word or phrase that is the same in every item (or in every item in a single category) that word or phrase can be deleted or changed. In your admin click on Global Editor, select the category then click on the drop-down arrow to the right of the Action to see the possible actions. Select "replace text in description" and you'll see additional options. If you want to delete text, add the text to be deleted then leave "replace with" box blank. After you click ADD, your action will be in que. It takes time to be completed, it isn't instant.

I realize some sites allow a download of all your products which allows you to make the edits in your database then do a clean upload of the edits. That is not possible on eCRATER. Uploads are allowed only for new products. If you delete your items and try a new upload, it could get your store suspended. I hope the Global Editor works for you. Otherwise, you must edit each item.

I just looked at your store. You only have 50 items and there are probably going to be a number of things you want to fix. It would probably be easier to do each item so you can add a local category, adjust your shipping, and add your Google Shopping Attributes.
NortheastPennants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: