eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

attributes help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
photodominoes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: attributes help Reply with quote

Good morning all
I d NOT understand attributes at all, not even a tiny bit Sad I admit it makes me mad that I do not understand something, I like knowing things but this has me frustrated.

Can someone give me an example as to a name and value if I sell personalized gifts? for example I sell personalized photo dominoes, what would a name and value be for that? there is no brand and I do not have upc codes

My store is photodominoes

Thanks so much for any insight you can give me, I feel so stupid that I cannot figure this out
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the eCrater Community forum. I really identify with frustration based on not being able to find the answer to a question! The short story is attributes are required and/or suggested by Google Shopping to be included on the feed sent by eCRATER (at no cost to ecrater sellers) to Google for inclusion in Google Shopping (GS).

In your admin. click on Products, then look for an item and click on the button with a G to the right of the listing. This will open the Attributs table and look for the ? to the right of Attribute Value. Those are the attribute names we can currently use in eCrater. After reading the info, either cancel or back arrow or click on the eCRATER Logo at the top to get back to the admin "home page". Next scroll down to Promote My Store and read the info about Google Attributes.

If you really want to wade into the info overload, check here https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?visit_id=0-636379767393361223-1552704824&rd=1 for the information Google Shopping provides for sellers who do their own Google Shopping feed. Some of the information will NOT apply to eCrater sellers because we don't do our own feed. Many of the attributes described are submitted to GS by the information we provided when we listed our item, plus the attributes we add to the GS table. Some of the GS attributes described by GS on the link above are not currently available to eCrater sellers.

Also, there are lots of topics here in the forum related to attributes. Be sure to sign in to the forum so you see all the topics.

With a quick look at your store, it appears every item you sell is personalized. Because of this, you only need to use one (1) attribute for each item you sell. That would be an attribute name of identifier_exists with an attribute name of no. Make sure you use an underscore between the two words for the name and make sure the name is added in lower case. The value can be in upper or lower case, doesn't matter. Also, make sure on the title there are no blank spaces before or after the name. Once you enter the attribute on the table, it will appear at the bottom of the description as [!identifier_exists:no!] in your admin view, but will not appear on the item description when viewed as a customer. You can also add the attributes at the end of the description instead of using the table if you prefer. (The attribute name was "False" for several years until GS decided to change it to no. The eCrater staff converts the value of False we've added to no before they submit the feed. I only mention this because you will see this mentioned so many times in the topics you may read here in the community.)

One last point, if you add any items that would normally be listed in the eCrater Global categories of Clothing & Shoes or Jewelry & Watches, you will need to add a few more required attributes. Both of these eCrater Global categories fall under the GS category of Apparel & Accessories.
photodominoes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for responding, I have been on the forums searching and see the false thing a lot, I was just hoping to add something that was relevant to my products but I do not know what that would be LOL, so I guess I will add the false identifier you mention.

Thanks again
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind a small bit of advice? Your Personalized Glass Plaque, Wedding Photo listing has a really weird, unwedding type picture as the default (the man actually looks like a friend of mine!). You might want to think about actually having a wedding photo as the default. To do that on your admin page, you click on the camera icon for any listing and you will see the photos you selected for that item/s. Click on default under the photo that you want to be default.

I'm also a bit concerned that for everything you sell in your ecrater store, you expect the buyer to go to your main website which from there, I would guess it is going to be much more convenient to pay for the item there than at ecrater.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a better look at your store and I don't think what you are doing is allowed. You are sending your customer to another website to buy your items because there is no way to design the item without purchasing from the other site. Plus everything is cheaper on the other site.

The eCRATER Term of Service state

- Do not direct users to go to other sites to complete the transaction

- Do not invite the users to pay through payment methods not supported and integrated by eCRATER.

You need to contact eCRATER to see if they are going to allow your store as it is designed where the customer must actually make the purchase on another website.

If you own the other website and can extract the part of the site that allows design without the customer going through the checkout, you might be able to have the customer go to a seperate site to complete the design after their purchase on eCRATER. However, I wouldn't go to that much trouble until you get the OK from eCRATER.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: