eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone sell on other sites?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
normasbath

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Anyone sell on other sites? Reply with quote

Hey..
Is anyone selling on other sites too? You don't have to mention where if it's not allowed. but it's always great to put your eggs into other baskets too!
-Norma's Cool
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sold many places but now just here and Etsy.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also sell on Fe(eBay) and Mercari. Mercari is great but the customer base is very specific and it is only for mobile devices. It's perfect for certain items in my inventory. FeeBay is wretched. I would love to leave but can't at the moment for several reasons. I too do not trust to put my eggs all in one basket though and will continue to sell on 2-3 platforms at a time until I retire from online selling.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sold on Etsy. but the listing fees pile up fast. My shop is on hiatus; may not go back. Blood-sucking eekbeh? Stared there: nasty fees, nasty practices and (for the most part, like Etsy) nasty people on forums. Sold only a few things on Ebid, and that is a puzzle: because everything shows up online at GS and people leave there left and right. It seems to be more of a an EU thing. Nice people on forums and email contact with Ebid is swift and helpful.

For my part, I am only here, now. Spreading myself too thin took most of my time and wasn't worth the return. I have a home and a family that needs me and I found it to be consuming my life to be spread out.

What's it worth to you? Life goes by so quickly.
junglaa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also you can star selling for free on junglastore.com and there is no fee for 6 month
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting for ebay to stop with the nonsense return dictatorship. To put stuff back on that place.
dresstressball

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Hate Ebid. never again.
WDAM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just opened up a few shops on artfire, zibbet, Etsy, and dawanda just to see which platform I fit best in. I've only had sales on Etsy so far but this was because I opened up my shop early last year. I just recently opened my shops on the other platforms a few weeks ago so I haven't had any sales or much traffic yet. Looking forward to seeing how this will progress (or not).
ladyphlepp123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: New Store on eCrater Reply with quote

I have another store on eBluejay, and I run a few auctions on ebay. (feebay). I am enjoying stocking my new eCrater store. Fun, fun, fun! Laughing Cool Wink Smile Very Happy
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebid was a waste of time seems to be popular in Europe and Great Britain. Delcampe was less than great results, most customers in Europe or Asia.
Ebay still produces some sales.
This place no sales yet, looking to keep stocking my store. Hopeful for the future.
StoneWyre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started here. If a sale comes through the Marketplace, I don't mind paying that fee.

I opened and now have closed my Etsy shop. I just got tired of the constant changes and hoops.

I have a shop on Indiemade that's more than paying for itself (much better than Etsy!)
thetomsboutique

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell on here, eBay, and then through a few "in person" services, such as Craigslist, Facebook, and OfferUp. I much prefer selling online so I don't have to deal direct, but it's fast cash and I can work with people on price more since there are no fees or shipping charges to factor in.

Also looking at selling at flea markets this spring/summer for some of the cheaper things that I have in my store.

As for strictly online, you really can't beat feeBay for traffic, so I don't mind paying their fees (on some items) given how quickly I can move inventory there. However, in January I was really impressed with how well my eCrater store performed, so I'm really hopeful that I can cut back on relying on "the other" site for the future. A difference of 7% in fees may not sound like much, but it's insane how quickly it adds up.

In a perfect world, I'd love to focus on here and local stuff throughout the year, and only push merchandise on feeBay during the 4th quarter when people are chomping at the bit to prepare for Christmas.
DesignerDrawer

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up on FeeBay a long time ago. I sell in the fashion/accessory category and have been here for several years with limited sales. I also sell on Bonanza. I recently discovered Poshmark 2 months ago and have had about 150 sales there. They only allow fashion and accessories there, so if you sell in those categories you MUST give them a try. I'm thrilled that things are selling there that sat here & on other sites for years. I've also started selling on Mercari & Tradesy.

Tradesy was ok until they jacked their shipping up to $10.50. I think that was a horrible move on their part. Yes, the post office raised their rates (a few cents) but to charge more than $2 more was suicide when they already charged $8.50. Not many people will pay $10 to have one tee shirt shipped and I don't blame them.

Mercari has been ok...I've sold 3 items under $10 each but am just getting started there. You have the option to have free shipping so that is a big plus.
worldclasscostumes

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: sales in other sites Reply with quote

i sell ecrater and have my own website also and for social offer up occassionally pinterest and facebook. i have serveral stores with ecrater in the fashion catogorie specialize in costumes.
therristreasures

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several, including my 2 outside sites. No sense in putting one's eggs in one basket. But recently the situation seems to be the same no matter where you go, so I can only be patient.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: