eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

To: Ecrater team, new seller ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infinitechest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: To: Ecrater team, new seller ideas Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone at Ecrater could introduce a "Free Shipping" option if a person spends $10, $20, $30 etc that could be displayed on the stores front page.

My shipping costs are flat rate, and if someone only orders one thing my profit is much lower. I want to incentivize people to spend more to offset my flat shipping costs, because I feel people want cheap shipping options even if they only order one thing.

also if would be excellent if ecrater had a "discount code" feature, and automatic discount feature Tiers for example:

Discount Code (coupon that expires): 15OFF takes 15% off the order

Discount Tier 1: Takes 20% off orders of $20 or more
Discount Tier 2: Takes 25% off orders of $40 or more
these discount tiers would appear as a "Sale banner" until deactivated.

etc etc. a person could qualify for free shipping with the discounts, or be able to stack discounts if i provide the code to my customers.

i know this would take some time to implement, however it would help us bulk sellers and drive higher sales. i just opened my store about a month ago and already had 6 orders, which is exciting.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I assume your buyers know what you are selling as it makes no sense to me? One thing that many of us have noticed is that the lower the prices the more squawking they will do and with 75 cents postage that means that you are not shipping with any kind of tracking. You will need to be prepared to hand over refunds for reports of these cards not arriving. I don't understand why the customer has to cut the card themselves. Why can't you do that? Also are these trademarked, registered, copyrighted cards that you are making copies of without the company's permission? You can be suspended for that if so. If yu do have permission, you should be sure that the ecrater team has a copy of it.

Congrats on the sales. Although you may get better ones if you included more keywords in your titles and descriptions. Since I have no clue what these are for, I have no examples for you.

As for suggestions, we do have a Suggestion thread where your suggestions might be more appropriate. At one point we did have the ability to give out coupons. I did for a a good two years and only got 1-2 takes on it. Buyers just didn't seem interested in them, but it could be the type of mechandise.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are selling copies of Magic: The Gathering cards. This is totally against the eCRATER Terms of Service.
Quote:
4.5 What is not allowed to post?
- Copyrighted or trademark materials (images & texts)

The first card I checked is clearly marked Trademarked & Copyrighted 2017 Wizards of the Coast and the only items you have for sale are copies of MTG cards. This is against federal copyright law.

You need to remove these items from your store. If this is the only item you had planned to sell, you should close your store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sheila, I had missed the TM and copyright symbols on the cards. Very much a no-no. wonder how much the real ones go for?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, players build their own sets. Some start with a basic set then add special cards. Some cards are quite rare and command a high price, but most are not expensive.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are suspended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: