eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

General Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: General Question Reply with quote

What do you have the "On Hold" button set to? Yes Or No? I was wondering why I have not received any order since April as I use to have steady sales and I just checked my "on Hold" and it was set to "yes". I never ever changed a thing. Somewhere, this has been changed if the button is suppose to be "no". Can someone enlighten me on this and thank you in advance.

What is strange, I click the "no" button and than I go back and the "yes" button is still activated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should randomly check listings to see if they say "On Hold". If so, then click the On Hold (in store options) to flip it to the opposite setting.

The store "On Hold" will effectively prevent anyone from buying your items. My items are all on hold at the moment, because of the hurricane situation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: General Question Reply with quote

In the "On Hold" option, I clicked on the "no" button and then when I went back to check it again, it still shows "yes" button as lit up. No matter what I do it stays on "yes". I do not want my store "on hold". In the "Options" where it says "On Hold" does thee words "On Hold" light up in orange?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see anything on hold, but then 'on hold' items won't look available. If an item is showing as on hold in your listings, it means you sold the item. You have the option to delete the item at that point. I never delete my products unless so rare a to be never found again. It makes for easier relisting is needed.

If all your items show as on hold, it means you are on vacation or placed yourself as temporarily closed, like while you are in the hospital, taking a world tour or whatever.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique, I just took a look at your store and it is not on hold. All your items show an active Buy Now button.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: General Question Reply with quote

SheilaDees,

Thank you for your sweet response. I think I finally figured the issue out. I went to check one my listings and the shopping cart showed "on hold" and the shopping cart would not work but the listing was still showing. I went back to "Options", clicked the "On Hold" then clicked "yes". To me, it should have been the "no button" but the "no button" did not do a thing.Then went back and checked the listing again and the shopping cart was showing only.No "on hold". Just crazy!

P.S.

I just discovered that I hit the wrong button and started this reply on a new post. Could not delete post. Sorry!
VandysVarietyShoppe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the "On Hold" button very confusing too...why doesn't eCrater have a "on Vacation" mode like other selling venues???
I have not had a sale yet, but I also have no idea if anyone can even buy my items as when I look at my listings there is no "BUY NOW" button only an "Add to cart"....and the shipping does not show at checkout...
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does eCRATER not have a vacation button? Because the owner did things his way! I heard that when he first started eCRATER, he didn't even look at ebay, etc. but set the site up in a way that would be good for sellers and buyers and I think it has worked great. Thus no vacation button, and that means instead of announcing to the world that you are on vacation when really you are in the hospital getting a new knee, you can have your store on hold. Just what I think and from what I heard about 10 years ago.

How does Add to cart differ from Buy Now? Your shipping amount is showing on the listing and I'm sure it will also show as part of the checkout process, at the proper time.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All your items that I checked were active.

You have some lovely items. Want to buy my doilies and lace items? I'll give you a great deal. www.maggiethehousecat.ecrater.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: