eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

shipping rate with another item

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dndproducts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: shipping rate with another item Reply with quote

Who thought up this idea? I have different types of items with variable weights. How am I supposed to know what second item a buyer would choose to determine the shipping cost for the second item prior to a sale? Please rethink this or at least allow me to omit the second item shipping rate. Right now, I have to enter a second shipping rate in order to list a product. Crazy.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an option that is helpful for some sellers, but not helpful for other sellers. If using the second item shipping isn't helpful to you, simply add the same rate in both boxes.

Also, I took a quick look at your store and noticed you have a category for Adults Only. You might want to re-think having these items as a separate category in your store. There is no way to exclude these items from being viewed by anyone who comes to your store. Also, when a customer looks at an item in your store, they are shown a random selection of 10 other items from your store which may contain some of these items. It is possible to have two stores on eCRATER, so you may want to consider having a different store for these items.
dndproducts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your insight. I really appreciate it.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using USPS calculated shipping? I use the matrix and the important thing with the matrix is to have a packaged weight listed for the item. Then the system will add the weights and charge the matrix category for that weight and destination.

USPS calculated shipping should do that also if you have the weights listed. The important thing is to make sure you are not short changing yourself in shipping since you can't charge more than the system charges. You can always refund excess shipping charged and customers appreciate that.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three different options for getting shipping prices as well as free shipping so you use the system that works best for you although one of the systems you need to have the matrix as the backup. I have used the matrix exclusively since coming here around 8+ years, although a very few items have 'free' shipping.

You seem to be complaining about the matrix. The secret to using the matrix is using it is to not think of the numbers at the top as weights. Since almost everything I sell is around the same weight, I use those numbers as an item count. However if I want to list a book (and I don't want a second store just for books) I will weigh the book and add an estimate for shipping weight. Then I figure out how much it will cost to ship it and use that 'weight/count' number for my book. I remember being confused by the matrix at the beginning and then one night while laying in bed it was like the lightbulb went off. I have never had a problem with using it. It is like the matrix was made exclusively for my store.

Just take you time and go slow. I would go to your store to give you more tips as they relate to your store, but I don't pop into stores that I know has so-called adult content.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: