eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very slow in sales
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joystarr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Very slow in sales Reply with quote

I've selling about a couple of items per month now no sales in awhile I sell sports cards mainly what seems to be the problem
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you added your Google Attributes? I took a look in Google Shopping and none of your items I checked were showing in Google Shopping. I you haven't added your attributes, that may be one reason. I saw from a quick Google Search for your store that you seem to be using facebook and pinterest. Your titles don't give the search engines as many keywords as possible. I noticed a lot of items that you couldn't tell from the title what was being offered for sale. Even your categories don't say you are selling cards.

Maybe these suggestions will help. Sorry your sales are down.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Very slow in sales Reply with quote

joystarr wrote:
I've selling about a couple of items per month now no sales in awhile I sell sports cards mainly what seems to be the problem

Well I see a lot of things that need fixed if it were my store. Your feedback for one, is problematic. With so few feedbacks, the bad ones stick out. So, the things that got you negs and neutrals, you must make sure aren't going to happen again. Take the time to mention that in your About us page, that you have improved your system to make sure things like that aren't going to happen anymore.

I agree with Sheila on your titles and your descriptions which are only copies of your titles.

For instance; what is the most important thing in this title?
Quote:
2014 Panini Golden Age Mini Hindu Brown Back #137 Tatum O'Neal

I would think it would be Tatum O'Neal's name. In your description, it would be nice to say how she ended up on a card. What does Panini mean, since most folks would equate it with a sandwich at this point? Golden Age? Mini Hindu Brown Back? What do these things mean? These are bits of information that you need to expand upon, and since you have more than one of these items you can copy the basic info from similar listings. You don't ever say that it is a card of any sort. For all I can tell it might be the back of a cigarette pack.

If you want to be considered as a professional seller, you must do the things that make yourself LOOK like a professional, such as get rid of the hand drawn logo which is barely readable, edit each of your About Us, Terms, Contact as well as you home page. On one of those pages you start a sentence without the capital letter, none of the writing seems to be in complete sentences, etc. Just look at your post here for this thread to get the idea of what I am talking about. If you need to, read it out loud and then you might see/hear the problems in it.

This is very important to remember, you may think that rushing through things will give you more time to list or watch TV, but if in the rushing and writing as if you are part of Reader's Digest Condensed Books, you may be losing out to other sellers that maintain a professional looking store.
joystarr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: thanks for the fyi Reply with quote

How do I get Feed Status

There is no Google feed for your store. This generally means the following:

. Please contact us to see what the problem might be
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for the fyi Reply with quote

joystarr wrote:
How do I get Feed Status

There is no Google feed for your store. This generally means the following:

. Please contact us to see what the problem might be

How about finishing the sentence after the word 'following'. It might help us know hat you are seeing. Did you contact the ecrater team that I assume is the 'us' in your last sentence. They would know better than us what the problems is.

Have you filled in Google attributes for all your items and are they filled in correctly and with the correct information?
joystarr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: attr Reply with quote

I put down the brand, product type, identifier_exists on all my cards
joystarr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

message of google feed sent to ecrater have not heard anything thanks for the input
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Joystarr.

I sell non-sport trading cards. My recommendations:

1) Check my store and use a similar format in the description for your "new" listed items. It helps a little for the Google searches. Avoid just making a copy-paste of the tittle.

Quote:
Marvel Metal 1995 (Inaugural Edition)
Avengers Card #11: Captain America

Card Condition: Near Mint (NM)
Manufacturer: Fleer
Year: 1995

https://elpereles.ecrater.com/p/24405072/marvel-metal-fleer-1995-card-11-captain

2) Promote your cards in different sites:

- Here in eCrater create your own "promo" topic.

- Pinterest

- In "The Marketplace" area of "https://www.blowoutforums.com/index.php"

- https://forums.collectors.com/categories/buy-sell-trade-sports
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in mind, building traffic is not from one day to another. It takes time.

In May 2016, I got a full time job. So I was not able to spend the same time in the hobby and promoting my stuff. Now technically all the sales are by "marketplace/eCrater site".

Another thing, always in the eCrater category that have your principal inventory. Try to have always one item in each page. If you have 100 new items to list. Never list 100 in one day, divide it, and list every day. Search engines like sites with constant new info.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
If you have 100 new items to list. Never list 100 in one day, divide it, and list every day. Search engines like sites with constant new info.

I love this. My son sells on line and makes more money than I do, and he lists 100+ items a day. Much more than I could. For me 10-15 is about my limit along with the other stuff I do such as promoting my store, taking a nap, etc. My son sells more and does more than I can, but there are somethings he ignores, that i can't and it makes me feel almost like I have OCD compared to some other sellers on other venues that I sell on! for instance, how can someone sell a sewing pattern without mentioning what size it is? I can't leave that alone.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget the article, but I read time ago that search engines like Google with its bot. They search some sites for the "activity" and not just for a lot of info.
shoelaces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sales for me since Nov. 2 and I used to get alot! I know I have some attributes, photos, etc. to clean up but do not seem to have alot of time for that since I went back to a corporate job.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While sales dragged a bit for part of November, December has started out to be pretty good. 9 orders from various places in the first two days of the month. Boy if sales would stay at this rate or go higher, it would be terrific, but alas they never do. Crying or Very sad
PrettyPelican

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: I seem to have a lot of views but no sales Reply with quote

this is getting a bit weird; I keep adding listings, trying to put in all the information and attributes but still no sales.
I'm beginning to think it's a total waste of time and energy.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally get slow December sales. Last year was good but this is the pits, about half the sales as last year. Usually my craft items perk up in January through March or April.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: