eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sold Item Listing???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BretBuy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Sold Item Listing??? Reply with quote

OK, so I just sold my first item (I'm entirely new to eCrater and online selling; first sale ever) and after the item sold, the listing still stayed on my page. I had to manually delete it. Isn't this a problem? If I don't get to something in time after somebody makes the purchase and the item is still listed, doesn't that mean that a second person may purchase the same item? This doesn't seem like a fun scenario. Somebody help me out if I'm missing something here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think somehow you missed putting in the quantity of the item, OR did you get the actual payment? If you didn't get a payment via PP or whatever, ecrater doesn't consider the item as sold. I did check some of your items and they all showed quantity of 1 but you might have missed this item that you just sold. Off hand I can't think of any other reasons to have something showing after it is sold.

Never ship anything out until you confirm at PP/Stripe that the money is in your account!
BustedorNot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely check if you have your quantity posted.
I didn't see that quantity when listing ( you have to look for it ) that I had 99 items and I know I didn't have that many items.

I had to edit a lot of my listings because of the quantity box wasn't marked.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BretBuy wrote:
OK, so I just sold my first item (I'm entirely new to eCrater and online selling; first sale ever) and after the item sold, the listing still stayed on my page.
Did you turn on Inventory Control? To check, in your admin go to Account: > Options and make sure there is a checkmark in the box beside "Enable Inventory Control". Once this is checked, the system will drop the count of the inventory for every sale that is paid for during the checkout system. When the inventory drops to 0, the item will be hidden from view (except by direct link) and the "Add To Cart" button will change to "On Hold".

If the customer selects to pay via PayPal Standard, they are taken to PayPal and sometimes will not pay at that time. Since they didn't "complete the checkout", the item will not be hidden. They may come back later and pay, but that doesn't activate the inventory control. Most of us have switched to PayPal Direct because they must pay during the checkout. With PayPal Standard, you can get notices from eCRATER that says you have a sale, but you MUST check you PayPal account to confirm payment. I just tested your checkout and it appears you have PayPal Standard & PayPal Direct selected, but I got a message, "Express Checkout is misconfigured. Switching to PayPal Payments Standard flow. Please click on the Checkout button to continue." I have no idea why that message was shown, but it needs to be corrected. My first thought would be a question as to the type of PayPal account you have. If you have a PayPal Personal account, I don't think you can use PayPal Express. If you've had your PayPal account for many years, you may have a "Premier/Business" account which can use PayPal Express. If you still have a PayPal Personal account, you will have to upgrade to a PayPal Business account to use PayPal Express. If this doesn't explain why your PayPal Direct isn't working, contact eCRATER from the contact link on the home page of eCRATER.com .

I also noticed you have "Cash On delivery" checked. This is a USPS shipping method where you have to ship the item (at your expense), have the Post Office collect the money (personal checks accepted) and wait for USPS to mail you your money. You can't start an inquire into why you haven't received your money for 60 days according to the USPS website.

BretBuy wrote:
I had to manually delete it.
Many of us don't delete an item after a sale. The item will be hidden, but if the customer saved a link to the item they will be able to view the item while waiting for it to arrive. Personally, I send an email to the customer with a link to the item so I know they can look at it while waiting and after it arrives. If they didn't read the description and/or didn't view the photos and think what they received isn't what they ordered, having that link to the listing is helpful. How long you keep the item listing on hold is up to each seller. PayPal will allow customer's to contest a charge up to 180 days and I think it's helpful to have that listing available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: