eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello Everybody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreckledElephantBoutique

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Hello Everybody Reply with quote

I sell children boutique clothing and accessories I'm still in process of setting up my store waiting on my logo will be adding products soon. I think I got everything filled out just need to add my logo and products.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does a freckled elephant looke like? Welcome!
FreckledElephantBoutique

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Freckled Elephant Reply with quote

I wanted a unique name and think I found it. Not sure exactly what it looks like I have someone designing my logo it will have a freckled elephant in it we came up with a few ideas not sure what it will look like but it will have freckles on it.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the name! Hope you have many sales! Welcome to eCrater.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freckled Elephant Boutique welcome to eCRATER and welcome to the eCRATER community forum. I love your name and checked out your store. You've done well to fill out your text pages.

I did have one major problem with your store. You have a category for Pre-orders and you have terms listed for pre-orders. I don't think you are actually planning to sell "pre-orders". The eCRATER terms of service list pre-orders as not allowed on the site.

A pre-order is defined many places on the internet as:
Quote:
A pre-order is an order placed for an item which has not yet been released.
For example, before a book or record is released, you may be able to pay for a pre-order. Once the book or record is released for sale to stores, your copy is shipped.

From the context in which you are using pre-order, I believe you are planning to allow customers to purchase custom order items that will be made especially for them. Custom Made Items are totally different from pre-orders because a custom made item will be a one of a kind item, not a mass produced item soon to be available in retail stores.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the name. Chic children's boutiques always have silly names. Once people have been to your shop they will tend to remember the name. Good luck.
FreckledElephantBoutique

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

I hope someone is still following this..Im exhausted I have so much clothing to list Y is there no drop down box thing we can fill out so customers can choose a size? Do I really have to add the same item 7x because of different sizes? I hope Im making sense...Or can I add on item and instruct to leave size is there even anyplace at checkout they could leave the size.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No drop down boxes. Each size must have it own listing. But you can copy the first one and just change the sizes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Or can I add on item and instruct to leave size

Some sellers have resorted to this, but I wouldn't recommend it as buyers seem to lose their reading ability when on line, so you might have to email them several times to find out their size and many of them aren't stuck to their email like sellers tend to. So, you could be going up to a week or more, trying to learn what size they want. And there isn't any convenient place to leave messages like that during checkout.

One of the side benefits of having multiple sizes is it is easy to list those other sizes and then you have that many more listings for the bots/spyders to find. In case you have noticed it, there are 6 buttons to the right of a listing on your administration page. click on the middle button in the bottom row and it will copy the listing for you. All you must do is change the size, UPC and photos. I know it may seem unwieldy at first, but I sell sewing patterns so I do basically what you will have to do.

Just one of the instances of someone not reading this week was a woman that bought a size 7-14 pajama pattern. It said it was a pattern on the listing, etc. then she emailed me that she wanted the size 10-12. I had to write her back and tell her it was a sewing pattern and she could vary the size as she liked. You guessed it, she wrote back and wanted the order canceled as she couldn't sew! Don't ask me what she was doing in the sewing pattern category if she couldn't sew. I get at least one of these kind of ‘problems’ every Christmas time (which we are currently in). People looking for bargains, like a lady from the UK buying a coat pattern for around $10 and then was upset by not receiving a brand-new coat for that money as well as the cost of shipping a 3-ounce pattern (not the cost of shipping a coat!). The coat was meant to be a present for her mother. Didn't matter that I had Sewing Pattern plastered in several spots on my title and descriptions, I gave fabric options as well as size options. (I once got a message that the person wanted the blue dress!) she still thought she would get a coat and these folks don't kick themselves in the back sides, they get mad at us!

So, the more information you can have in your listing, the less chances of creating confusion and the better you will be doing.
FreckledElephantBoutique

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Thank You MoonwishesStore and Sammy Reply with quote

Thank you so much that will help me alot and save some time. Im sure as I get used to it it wont feel so overwhelming. Would be nice if in the future they would install a feature so we could add sizes and colors or different options for the customer to choose but then that would also cause us a headache to go back in and redo all our listings.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Freckled, I just saw the cute/adorable items in your store. You really need to take them off of hold and open up your store. You may be missing potential sales. You have some great, unique items that should hopefully sell at this time of year, but you have to them off hold to get those gramdmas that are looking to buy gifts at this point. If you think Christmas is still far enough away, just look at most of the ads on TV at this point - all about Christmas!

Best Wishes for great sales!

You can of course keep listing more items once your store is open, I do all the time, trying to keep my store at around 8000 items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: