eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

sales/promoting site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broadwaymediadesigns

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: sales/promoting site Reply with quote

Hi

Just a couple of questions to post if ok

1) Does anyone else get quite a few sales early in the week then goes quiet for a few days then I get more sales again, for example I got 5 sales Monday and had nothing since but then going by last week, I would not get any sales from Tuesday to Thursday. I thought it was bit manic Monday due to cyber Monday

2) What other ways do you guys promote your store, I have posted it on Facebook and have the advertising value set to 5.9%

Thank you in advance
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My trends in selling aren't noticeable anymore. I used to get a lot of sales on Tuesdays. Then it flucuated. Now I'm just happy when they come.

I am a heavy user of Pinterest although I don't know if that would help you much. I also use G+ and send listings to FB but try not to overwhelm my feed on any one day. Any listing going to FB can also be share with two other ecrater FB sites that I can't remember off hand as they available in a download list for me.

I also advertise on my blog and in forums and digests as well as the signature on the bottom of all my emails.
broadwaymediadesigns

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MoonwishesStore

I do post the link to my ecrater store on my two Facebook pages about once a week

I will post it on my blog now, also what forums do you post on? I am in the UK but do accept US sales but don't get hardly any US sales but get quite a few UK sales but be nice to get more. Is a good idea about adding the link in the signature of the emails, I will do that now.

I just increased my advertising level to 8.9% to see if that helps
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried higher fees here, but never saw a bit of difference so I went back to the 2.9%.

I'm in forums, etc that I would guess you have no interest in! Sewing and frugal living and things like that. I don't join forums to be able to advertise on them. I join them because I'm honestly interested in them. On one forum I am on, we get the occasional bozo newbie, that sees you can't have a signature (with urls) in your posts until you have posted a certain amount of times. They will comment saying post #1, then the next one post #2, etc. or other equally inane comments. Well the mods there aren't dummies and kick them off. If in ten posts you haven't offered anything of merit to the group and it is obvious that you are only trying to get ten posts in>>out you go!
broadwaymediadesigns

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right OK, since increasing to 8.9% I have had one sale and seem to be getting more views on the products, hopefully will increase further, if not I will put it back to either 5.9% or 2.9%

I have wrote a small article on my blog and included a link to the store so hopefully that will help

I'll leave the forums for the time being and see how it goes as it's harder as don;t think there are many software forums about and yeah as you say some get funny and get booted out if have nothing of any merit to bring to the forum
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please understand that I wasn't talking about a seller here speaking on this forum, nut I have seen some real whacko newbies on some forums with no intent to contributes in any way, even a good question is a good contribution, all they want is to get to the point that they have made enough posts to post a referral link that if people click on it they can make money, but most of us can see right through them and they get tossed off the forum. You are certainly welcome to post here.
broadwaymediadesigns

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I know, I agree some do just to post their list on the signature and make money off the back of it

Thank you, if I have a good question or anything like that I will post on the forum or if I know a answer to someone else's question I will post on the forum/their post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: