eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A Renewed Appreciation for eCrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: A Renewed Appreciation for eCrater Reply with quote

Before I expand my stores further with the tons of things I have to list, I decided not to put my eggs in one basket, especially after getting that advice from the forum. No complaints here, as I've had a few sales here recently, which is good for me.

I used to sell on feebay and AMZ. I haven't sold on either in 10 years and decided to go back there and spread out a little. I re-opened my feebay store, then wanted to drive off a bridge with all the fees...fees for this and fees for that and more fees. OMG, can they make it more difficult? I'm sure I'll figure it out, but my patience is running thin.

I decided to back-burner feebay and re-opened my AMZ. Well, it took me two days to list four items after studying all the changes. I am now hung up on my favorite topic, shipping! LOL and just shoot me.

I now have a renewed appreciation for eCrater. I don't know if it is simply that I understand shipping here, but it seems like I have more options with less effort to figure things out (thanks to Sheila and Moon). Anyhow....back to my AMZ shipping course, it's like taking shipping 501 (graduate level).

Just wanted to put my two cents in on how simple "I" think my shipping options are here compared to other places. Just my opinion.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I too have tried eBay recently and it isn't so much the fees, but even with watchers, I only managed to sell two things in three months. I don't have the time or energy to babysit listing that go nowhere on eBay, nor do I want to give stuff away.

I have been using Amazon, for a lot of things that saves me time when they already have a product page for the item. But from when I had first started selling on Amazon to now the rules have changed so much with categories being 'gated' so you need permission to sell on them. And depending on what you want to sell, you may have to fork out a $5000 fee! Shocked Even if they don't want fees for a category, you are not supposed to be using 'New' as a condition unless you bought in bulk quantity using an invoice straight from the manufacturer with their permission to be an authorized reseller of their goods. So even if something is brand new in the store that you buy to resell, it is no longer NEW as far as Amazon I concerned, nor are comments allowed on products that are new. A hard thing that a lot of sellers can't wrap their heads around. Sort of like the thing of how many times can you read a new book until it isn't new anymore??? Only in this case the item can be absolutely pristine, but you have to list it as used. Of course, from what I can tell if something is 'used' (really new) it won't get the buy box. Since I became aware of the problem my sales have dropped because I don't get the buy box as often, while others who are listing patterns they sourced from anywhere, as new, get the buy box.

So just and FYI on that. I have found that the Amazon forum doesn't flame people like they used to. 15-16 years ago, I didn't have a lot of confidence in my abilities with selling on line, but visiting the forum was an invitation to be jumped on and bullied (figuratively). Visiting the forum when I can helps me keep up with new changes. It is amazing how some folks come to the forum whining about something was announced by Amazon 6 months prior! Apparently, they don't get many sales if it took them 6 months to figure out that there were some major changes in the book department and they call themselves a book seller.
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all that information; some of which I already ran across. Sadly, I sent AMZ a question and they gave me all the wrong info. I'll get around to understanding it all but it is a lot to absorb. It is a little discouraging to do all that work over there, so I'm going to stick to their standard shipping and list about 50 things then get back to my eCrater.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will concur on this subject. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: