eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Order came back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SunnyFox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Order came back Reply with quote

An order came back in the mail saying undeliverable. I checked & the address that the buyer provided is correct with what I addressed. I called the number left by the buyer, no answer so I left a message. I also emailed her with no response. I don't know what else to do.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Order came back Reply with quote

SunnyFox wrote:
An order came back in the mail saying undeliverable. I checked & the address that the buyer provided is correct with what I addressed. I called the number left by the buyer, no answer so I left a message. I also emailed her with no response. I don't know what else to do.

Did you call the delivery post office to see if there's a problem? For example if they know someone by that name who may have moved recently or similar? Did you research the person on the net?

How many days have passed?

If it happened in the past few days, it might be worthwhile to give the customer more time to respond.

If it's been a month, refund the purchase price and send another email that says: your package came back as undeliverable despite my having addressed it correctly per the address you provided...I am refunding the purchase price but not the shipping...I will not resend the package. Thank you.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have not opened the returned package, I would take photos of the package showing the address and the comments from the USPS.

Personally, I wouldn't call the delivery post office since it's already been returned. I would check the USPS website to confirm the zip code matches the address if you didn't check the address before shipping. (Some online postage programs checks the address before you purchase your postage.) Since you called and left a message plus sending an email, I'd give the customer time to reply. After a few days with no response, I'd do the same as Fox, refund the purchase price but not the shipping. I'd send another email to let the customer know the reason for the refund. Be sure to keep all information in case the customer files a claim to get the shipping refunded.

If the sale was a marketplace sale, I'd send eCRATER a note to let them know of the refund. They will get a notice from PayPal, but since it crossed months it would probably be a good idea.

I've had the same thing happen on another site. There I charged a re-stocking fee because I had incured extra expenses. It was months ago and I still haven't heard from the customer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I've had the same thing happen on another site. There I charged a re-stocking fee because I had incured extra expenses. It was months ago and I still haven't heard from the customer.

That I always find weird and I send them emails and never hear back. I have no clue why they give wrong addresses, or forget the apt number, etc. or send a package back with no warning and no follow up. I had a lady last month screaming at me via email wanting to know why her package was delivered in Oregon. I figured out that while I sent her the correct tracking number with her shipping notice, when she wrote asking where her package was, I accidently gave her a different buyers tracking number. But in the end, it all came down to the fact that while her actual tracking showed out for delivery, she never got it because she hadn't given me her apartment number! Before that package came meandering back, I had to send her another pattern, pay for more shipping, etc. It cost me because of her error. But many buyers seem to think that wrong addresses aren't their problems. We should know where they live and every odd thing about their address. Nor do they think that they should reimburse a seller when they pull an oops on them.[/quote]
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people buy so much on line they don't notice when something doesn't show up. So many people don't open emails if they don't recognize the sender's name.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why all my shipping notifications from ecrater have a Subject Line that Starts with "Your Pattern is in the mail, Your Embroidery Kit is in the mail. Your Book, Your Magazine.....etc.

I figure that doing so at least gives a bit of hope that they email might reach them as they know they just ordered something.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: