eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Synchronization times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k-a-store

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Synchronization times Reply with quote

I guess most of you also sync the products out of the eBay account.
The thing is, it takes about a day or two for the products to be fully synchronized.
The issue is very disturbing because at this time I am able to raise new products on eBay, and in addition, the prices of the existing products vary according to the prices of the supplier, especially during the holiday season that there is a lot of sales and a lot of price changes.
and last thing, a product on the site was sold at a certain price, but its price went up and it took time until the price was synchronized on the site, during that time the product was sold, so I lose the deal,
Why do I need this long process that the site manually checks all the products I sync, it's a very inefficient method, and it's simply a recipe for problems with buyers.
Now I have a small shop with a total of 250 products,
I don't understand how it can be handled with larger stores ...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you missed one MAJOR point, eCrater does not provide synchronization with any site.

There is a service called eBay import which a seller can use to import their current eBay items and it can be used again to import new items you may have added to eBay. However, this service is used to MOVE your items to eCRATER. A synchronization with eBay has never been provided.

If you wish to use multiple sites in your business plan, you must remember that once an item is listed on eCRATER, that item must be maintained manually regarding sales, quantity updates, and price changes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What Sheila said, and some of us have never even used the ebay importer as it wasn't around when we came here, so we had to manually move our products over. For me that was over 5000 items at the time. I manually keep it up to date.

Not sure how you have been using the importer to synchronize your inventory, but the importer was never meant to be doing that unless ecrater has just changed the rules and forgot to tell us.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Synchronization times Reply with quote

k-a-store wrote:

It isn't, and can't be done automatically here. The theory is that you should not be modifying large numbrer of prices automagically. If you change one price over there, then change one price here.

Are your products stocked in your warehouse, or are you reacting to an upstream supplier changing prices behind your store fronts ?

P.S. I think it would be time well spent for you to move your products into local store centric categories. Leaving them all sitting in the 'my ebay' category looks rather tacky.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have much time to check your store, when I posted earlier. But your hanging on to the ebay importer to 'synchronize' you products is making a hash of your listings. Have you actually read them? Did you you just set something to substitute the word ebay for ecrater.? It looks as if you did because your listing is saying that international orders are shipped to ecrater global shipping in KY- no such animal! You also have all your terms and shipping stuff in the listing as well and that is considered boilerplate by google and should be put on your terms page. Also you have everything in your listing is in one run on paragraph such as this one. It is very hard to read isn't it?

One of the problems that I have with those who load their listings to ecrater with the ebay importer is they never seem to go back and tweak their listings. It is actually quicker in the long run to list each item individually so that the listing looks proper and is easy to read. You also would have been able to easily put your listings in logical categories instead of leaving everything in 'my ebay'.

Sorry if what I say seems harsh, but to make it here, you can't just act like ecrater is an extension of ebay, because it isn't.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two points about the eBay Importer that new sellers need to know.
1) The eBay Importer will automatically substitute the word eCrater for eBay. Sometimes this causes results that don't make sense.

2) HTML coding is not allowed on eCrater. If you use HTML coding on eBay, including using a template, it will be removed when your descriptions are imported. This is the cause of the strange descriptions that result from the Importer. If the eBay descriptions don't contain a template or any HTML coding AND the descriptions don't use the word eBay, then the descriptions will import fine. At that point you would only need to move them into your personal store categories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: