eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How are sales?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: How are sales? Reply with quote

I’ve been gone for .... way to long!

I’m deciding if I should come back with a new product line.

Is the site getting any action?
Is google finding stuff on Ecrater or not?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing OK here. Where have you been ?

Oh, and welcome back.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week when I ran the numbers, we are selling about 1400 items a day. We went over 4Million orders at the end of December. I've had 15 orders this month.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you again.

Very slow for me. But maybe your new product line will be more in line with Google's algorithm.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you BT and Welcome Back! I don't think anyone is doing as good as we were "back in the day", but that's another story...

Yes, eCrater stores do seem to get good placement in the organic search engines, but it takes time. The less competition for the product you sell, the better your placement.

Placement in Google Shopping is dependent on using the correct attributes for your product. GS still changes with little or no announcement. It's good to bookmark their information and make sure you use the attributes they want to start rather than trying to correct attributes later.

There have been quite a few changes since you were here last. Most changes are listed on the news tab in your admin and they are introduced in the eCrater Sellers Only section. We're here to answer questions and, for me, maybe pay back some of help you gave me when I first came.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've missed you. Hope you do come back. eCRATER sales slowed significantly a few years ago and were down to next to nothing for me. I'm now up to doing in a week what I used to do in a month. Not going to pay the rent but it is improvement. Have to admit I'm slow to list new items.
Quimzies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi y'all! Hope you don't mind if the new gal chimes in...part time/extra money type seller for 15 years, full time seller 6 mos, new to eCrater, plus funny and friendly bc I'm southern! Smile

Google has listed my items near the top with a vague search phrase (even random hard to find items) as I am adding/updating attributes as much as I can all over the place. Before that, not so much.

It's a heck of a lot of work if you have older items without visible UPC. But I have visibly seen the difference when searching a few words after I have fully updated something. I'm a statistics gal so it's a personal mental challenge that I am making a game of. Add attributes, search, see my stuff listed higher, count it as a win! Goin' for the gold! Very Happy

As for sales still being slow for a lot of folks...
I read this article about voice shopping thru Alexa, Google Gal, Siri, etc. It was very informative. Seen this in practice personally as my dad, step-dad, brother and sis-n-law ask Alexa to order or add something to a shopping list when too busy to go to the computer. Do you think Alexa suggests non Amazon items? With this being such a big trend, it's got to have an impact on the small seller. Probably not the only factor, but I'm sure it doesn't help.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2018/01/13/ecommerce-trends-watch-2018/

I do have HOPE, not just a Debbie downer! Smile I just think it's a new era and creativity is more important now. I'm definitely out of my comfort zone chatting it up on FB, liking other people's pics, sharing their stuff so they share mine, but it has helped! Attention spans are so short these days! if you can't click something and go right to items you were looking for, sometimes it's not worth it to a lot of people.

I check my stats on other selling sites after I post something on Instagram or Facebook or Twitter (ugh....not a twitter person!) and there is ALWAYS more traffic.

I have only just recently started this on a regular basis, so here's to it helping more as time goes on! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy If I could only master Pinterest....man now that site is fun!!

Good luck bigtallman!
Quimzies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi y'all! Hope you don't mind if the new gal chimes in...part time/extra money type seller for 15 years, full time seller 6 mos, new to eCrater, plus funny and friendly bc I'm southern! Smile

Google has listed my items near the top with a vague search phrase (even random hard to find items) as I am adding/updating attributes as much as I can all over the place. Before that, not so much.

It's a heck of a lot of work if you have older items without visible UPC. But I have visibly seen the difference when searching a few words after I have fully updated something. I'm a statistics gal so it's a personal mental challenge that I am making a game of. Add attributes, search, see my stuff listed higher, count it as a win! Goin' for the gold! Very Happy

As for sales still being slow for a lot of folks...
I read this article about voice shopping thru Alexa, Google Gal, Siri, etc. It was very informative. Seen this in practice personally as my dad, step-dad, brother and sis-n-law ask Alexa to order or add something to a shopping list when too busy to go to the computer. Do you think Alexa suggests non Amazon items? With this being such a big trend, it's got to have an impact on the small seller. Probably not the only factor, but I'm sure it doesn't help.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2018/01/13/ecommerce-trends-watch-2018/

I do have HOPE, not just a Debbie downer! Smile I just think it's a new era and creativity is more important now. I'm definitely out of my comfort zone chatting it up on FB, liking other people's pics, sharing their stuff so they share mine, but it has helped! Attention spans are so short these days! if you can't click something and go right to items you were looking for, sometimes it's not worth it to a lot of people.

I check my stats on other selling sites after I post something on Instagram or Facebook or Twitter (ugh....not a twitter person!) and there is ALWAYS more traffic.

I have only just recently started this on a regular basis, so here's to it helping more as time goes on! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy If I could only master Pinterest....man now that site is fun!!

Good luck bigtallman!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget twitter and focus on figuring out Pinterest, which isn't really that hard. Once I signed up for Pinterest, 4-5 years ago, I pulled out my Kindle and downloaded about 10 sample books on using Pinterest. It was pretty new then so had lots of folks writing about it. You do want the most current books you can find. After reading the 10 samples of books, which is the first 10% of a book I believe, I had gleaned enough info to be able to jub right in and over the course of the next year or two I ended up with over 20K followers. I'm over 23K at this point and when double checking that number, I discovered that I'm averaging about 600,000 views a month! I like stats, but I run out of time to track them all. I do get sales via Pinterest, got one today from Yahoo, I've had them from bing, I've had them come in 9 of the 10 possible ways that are counted, but not once have I had a twitter sale. Twitter just baffles me, so I stick with what works the best. Be sure also that you are using G+ as well. Even if you don't care about using it the way it was meant for, it helps spread my stuff to higher ranking in google organic.

By the way, the deal with downloading sample books on any topic you are interested in getting an overview of a subject works really well. Such as making spare income, spare income on line,marketing a business, promoting a business, etc. One guy did write a book on making passive income and his first big item was, Amazon. No way in the world is Amazon a way to make passive income. It takes work, even if someone is doing FBA, they still need to be procuring inventory, pricing, etc. Maybe the guy was just talking about it being passive from the point that you list until something sells, but nevertheless, boneheaded book titles like that, probably won't be of much help. Even if you don't own a Kindle, you can download books to your computer. I mentioned this a few years ago, but not for awhile, but thought it might be good to mention it again. Smile
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The place to be if you're the new, hip and happening type and technology-versed these days is IG. I am none of those, but with the computer taking a nose-dive shortly after the holiday I'm learning!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
The place to be if you're the new, hip and happening type and technology-versed these days is IG. I am none of those, but with the computer taking a nose-dive shortly after the holiday I'm learning!

Since I am not new, hip (although hippy) or a happening type, I have no clue what IG is!
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello bigtallmensclothing.

If I compare my time now with my first years in eCrater (because I was not promoting my stuff). I can said that eCrater lost something.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compared to 10 years ago, ecrater is slower in sales, although my last check of the numbers shows that ecrater is selling more than double what we were a couple years back. But then I am hearing on other forums and sites that, everyone's sales are down. Some will claim to be having fantastic sales though. My son sells on Amazon in the same niche that I do, he has no trouble listing something for $2-3 though if he thinks that is all it will sell for. He also works very hard to find high dollar flips so his income in a week of sales, is more than I make in a month. I don't have the oomph to do what he does however. If I sell something I expect to at least get a candy bar worth of profit out of the deal.

Sales are rough all over. If you don't want to fight for what you get and be willing to ride out the wave, then you have a problem. I think many 'competitors' will wash out, due to lack of interest once they find out that selling on line is a not an easy way to make money. A way to make money? Yes. Easy? No.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If I sell something I expect to at least get a candy bar worth of profit out of the deal."

Ditto that, LoL

All those people on ebay, the last two I ordered were wrong, even my fault on one, they refund and let you keep the item.
Sad
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember the last time I made a big purchase on ebay. I bought a lot of patterns and when they arrived were in abysmal shape - water damaged and moldy (which I had to immediately throw away so as to not cross contaminate with other ptterns in the room). I contact the buyer tell her that not only had she sent me the wrong stuff the terrible condition. I told her before she shipped the right stuff to double check that they weren't water damaged and moldy. She shipped and what did I get? More water damaged and moldy. I complained and she was one of those 100% positive fb sellers and I got the 'no one else has complained' nonsense. How hard can it be to double check product before shipping? To me the 'no one else has complained' is the lamest excuse in the world! Yet I don't know how many times I have heard it when I complained. I don't know how some sellers stay in business with the shoddy junk they send out.

Once I got an order that was a super cheap item with the promise of PM. She was charging $3 for the PM! In the end, the PM envelope cost her MORE than the final total of the sale, but honest seller that she was, she shipped it PM even though at that point I think she realized she was losing money.

Only a few times have I sold something that I got skunked and ended up with zero profit. My fault entirely. But I want at least a certain amount of profit from each sale, so work hard to make it happen. It takes as long for me to list something for $2 as to list for $10, Anything $100 and over takes even longer as I put more effort into the photos and descriptions. I have a chocolate addiction, so I need to make enough to keep me supplied. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: