eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Need feedback but buyer email invalid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quimzies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Need feedback but buyer email invalid Reply with quote

Hi! New store, transferring from eBay. Had 1 sale and she hasn't left feedback. I tried emailing a friendly note to thank her but the email address is invalid. She paid with stripe which I've never used until now. Is there a way to check in, make sure she's happy?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. If the order email bounces, then the buyer probably never received the eCRATER order notification email (which contains the link to leave feedback). Not much you can do about this situation. On eCRATER, customers are all ad-hoc, and do not have member signin names.
Quimzies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info...I'm trying to promote my store all over the place, update my attributes when I have the info (some things are used). Whole new world to me. Smile I don't know how to prove I'm a legitimately responsible seller with no feedback. Have all positives on eBay, but this is the 2nd month where I owed them much more than I made. Little fish big pond!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback seems to be coming in much slower than it used to. On Amazon where I started selling 16 years ago, with thousands of orders shipped I have a grand total of 393, I got 2 feedbacks on the 9th and one on the 12th which is amazing as in the previous 12 months I got only 20 out of 590 orders! Here on ecrater though, after 10 years I have over 1000 feedbacks, but the past year only got 28 feedbacks out of 190 orders. It is obvious that feedbacks have really gone down and as I have been party to some discussions on it, none of the sellers know why.

Ecrater, I believe sends an immediate email with tracking number as well as a fb link and then another fb link in about three weeks. Without those links buyers can't leave fb and if I remember correctly those paying by MO or check can't leave fb either.

It is better to get no fb than bad ones! However as a newbie, you do want to prove you aren't a fly by night seller. I always want to laugh when I see a home page talking about their big selection, and that they are constantly adding to their stock, yet they have 2 items in their store and haven't been there in months and then you look at their feedback, and what little they had, someone tried to buy and they never shipped out anything!
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past few years, many buyers lost interest in feedback or even answer simple question (after they contact you for weeks just to make a little buy Rolling Eyes ).
Quimzies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't always give feedback as much bc of being bogged down w/ emails too. But when there's no reviews and I'm really happy, I'm on top of it. Smile

Also, kind of related...I read about it but being a no ratings seller, I want to be sure I don't mess up! Customer bought and paid, it should be shipped today, however, it's special situation. He's been in contact with me. It's a long distance girlfriend surprise gift and I'm adding extras for her. He's in no rush, can I ship Saturday to add fun extras? Or is that a huge no no?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Customer bought and paid, it should be shipped today, however, it's special situation. He's been in contact with me. It's a long distance girlfriend surprise gift and I'm adding extras for her. He's in no rush, can I ship Saturday to add fun extras? Or is that a huge no no?

A big no-no to who? If the buyer asked for these items and has been in contact with you, ship tomorrow. Of course, you might not be able to get away with this on Ebay or Amazon if you are supposed to ship today, but on ecrater there isn't any such nonsense, like getting a metric strike that Amazon would give you if you don't ship on the day they tell you to ship. I'm sure there must be something in the rules about shipping, but frankly I have no idea since I ship within 24 hours except on weekends and have ever since I started selling elsewhere 16 years ago! So I never pay attention to 'rules' for shipping times. If in contact with the buyer and they want some extras, I would ship the next day as well. This hopefully might get you your first very positive feedback!

I remember once that a guy emailed me back and forth as he wanted something sent to his mom, back in the days that you didn't have to be quite so stuck to only the given PP shipping address. Even Amazon will lets you take your pick of all sorts of addresses you might have stored there. I think I am up to almost 9! Anyhow, not only did I ship to a different address, but since he had asked for me to write a happy birthday note and include it in the package, I printed out a birthday card from Printshop to go with the order. He was thrilled! That is, I think, what customer service is all about. Making your customer happy, especially in sort of funky circumstances.
Quimzies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moonwishes!!! That's exactly what I was thinking, shouldn't it be more about the customer experience as a whole? He let me in on details and I could've waited for the next buyer for more money. This guy humbly asked about the price and if I could wait until he had money the next day. I hid the item from view then opened it once he was ready. He's been so grateful to me that I want to show my appreciation as well. It was an extremely special item to me and I'm happy to know it's going to someone who is so excited about it. Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quimzies wrote:
Thank you Moonwishes!!! That's exactly what I was thinking, shouldn't it be more about the customer experience as a whole? He let me in on details and I could've waited for the next buyer for more money. This guy humbly asked about the price and if I could wait until he had money the next day. I hid the item from view then opened it once he was ready. He's been so grateful to me that I want to show my appreciation as well. It was an extremely special item to me and I'm happy to know it's going to someone who is so excited about it. Smile

That is great! I've had some ask for me to wait until they are paid, but they usually never come back and for them it may be a great way to go do price checking while they ask all the potential sellers to 'hold' the item until they found the cheast one and of course, never come back and tell you to take it off hold and thank you for doing it. Some though you can just tell that they aren't trying to scam you. I am very much someone that believes in good customer service!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quimzies wrote:
I don't always give feedback as much bc of being bogged down w/ emails too. But when there's no reviews and I'm really happy, I'm on top of it. Smile

Also, kind of related...I read about it but being a no ratings seller, I want to be sure I don't mess up! Customer bought and paid, it should be shipped today, however, it's special situation. He's been in contact with me. It's a long distance girlfriend surprise gift and I'm adding extras for her. He's in no rush, can I ship Saturday to add fun extras? Or is that a huge no no?
The eCrater terms of service state:
Quote:
- If paid through PayPal/Direct Credit Card Checkout the sellers must ship within 5 business days after the payment clears. Exemptions from this rule are cases when you ship custom made items or items that require time to be produced.
First, there is no problem with shipping the next day if there had been no contact with the customer. It's also OK if the customer emails you and says they want to buy & pay today, but wants you to wait 10 days to ship until they arrive home from their trip. You have the customer's request in the email and it's good customer service. I've done things like this several times in the past, but some sites just can't deal with the fact that it's your customer not theirs.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying Sheila! I figured there must be something, but that is where I read a rule and since I know I ship faster than that always, I don't bother filing it away in my head. As Sherlock Holmes said there is only so much space in the brain and I have to use it for important things.

I will admit to twice mailing a day later that normal due to snow levels which made walking with a cane to the mailbox impossible and very risky. Very Happy
Quimzies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila and Moonwishes, you're the best!!! Smile
The rule clarification is super helpful. I've never shipped more than my stated time. 2 days being the most, for fragile or if they've asked for something else.

Of course, a similar situation when someone asked me to make something (and paid extra for this) I was "dinged" even with 3 really positive reviews from customer. By dinged, I mean, sales STOPPED except for occasional very specific items people search for. It's a shame, those customers that I can do small gestures for are the most thankful! Everyone wins, should be a no brainier.

Agreed on the point about holding items. I was pretty positive he was legit after chatting with him. Sometimes your intuition is spot on, it's nice when you can trust your gut. Wink
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: