eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

+1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Songshadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: +1 Reply with quote

Hello!

I am buying fruit, and nut tree seeds that will grow in America: zone 6 - 9.
It would be helpful if there were climate, and zone information posted on these sites so I know what will live, or die.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope you realize this is a highly regulated field. If you are buying your seeds from a U.S. licensed importer and plan to repackage yourself, you are probably good. If you plan to import them yourself, be sure you have the proper paperwork completed with the U.S. Department of Agriculture. If you don't have the proper paperwork, your seeds will be confiscated at the border. If you are outside the U.S., don't have the proper paperwork, and plan to mail to U.S. customers, then their purchase will be confiscated at the border and you'll have to refund their order.

In addition to the legality of importing seeds from outside the U.S., some states restrict what plants can be brought into their state. For example, here in north Florida a restaurant planted cotton plants in front of their large raised porch. When the plants began to mature, federal agents of the USDA destroyed the plants. In order to control pests, no one is allowed to grow cotton without a license, not even in a home garden.

As far as a map of zone 6 - 9, there are lots of them on the internet. I believe you are not from the U.S. and/or you know little about growing trees in the U.S. There are locations on the Pacific coast and locations in Florida that may be in the same temperature zones, but have huge differences in growing conditions. Temperature zones are not the only factor.
Songshadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: US Seed Buying Reply with quote

I am in Oklahoma USA. If there is any code restriction I do not know about them. If I plant something that nobody has ever seen before, I won't have any worries. Example: Mirabelle-plums. Believe me, I will not over do it! There is some kind of covenant the US has with France, and the Mirabelle-plum tree is not allowed here in America. I just bought 30 Seeds. I sure hope I can get them to grow: wish me luck! I am a buyer; not a seller!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: