eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can you help me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sports66

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Can you help me Reply with quote

in my store dashboard,i did not find the place to Link my AdWords account.
it is only showed feed status when i clicked the google shopping in left menu.

do you know what the problem is?

thank you in advance[/img][/url]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not possible to link your AdWord account to your eCrater Store. That was possible years ago (when the feed to Google Shopping was free), but eCrater had to remove that option. The sellers who were using the feature were "grandfathered" in and allowed to keep their account. No new sellers have the option AND if grandfathered sellers unlink their account, they are not able to re-link.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports66 and Sheila, I think you mean the Adsense account that some of us still have, but not a bit like Adwords. Naming those two things so similarly was a real stupid idea of Google's way back when.

Adwords refers to ads that you are buying to promote your goods and they shouldn't be seen whatsoever on your listings unless you have very deep pockets and lots of spare cash!

You are selling NFL items as well as Nike items. Are you an authorized reseller of these goods on both counts? At least did you purchase your items from a Nike/NFL authorized manufacturer? You may want to be sure that you can prove to eCRATER that you have permission by the rights owners to sell these items.
sports66

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
It is not possible to link your AdWord account to your eCrater Store. That was possible years ago (when the feed to Google Shopping was free), but eCrater had to remove that option. The sellers who were using the feature were "grandfathered" in and allowed to keep their account. No new sellers have the option AND if grandfathered sellers unlink their account, they are not able to re-link.

thank you sheila!
how can i use google shopping for promoting my products if i am a new seller in ecrater,is it not possible for using google shopping now?
sports66

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Sports66 and Sheila, I think you mean the Adsense account that some of us still have, but not a bit like Adwords. Naming those two things so similarly was a real stupid idea of Google's way back when.

Adwords refers to ads that you are buying to promote your goods and they shouldn't be seen whatsoever on your listings unless you have very deep pockets and lots of spare cash!

You are selling NFL items as well as Nike items. Are you an authorized reseller of these goods on both counts? At least did you purchase your items from a Nike/NFL authorized manufacturer? You may want to be sure that you can prove to eCRATER that you have permission by the rights owners to sell these items.

thank you for your answer!
how can i promote products through google shopping
i am authorized seller for NFL
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can afford it, you can still buy Adwords from Google, but you won't see any evidience of it at your store and for what you are selling, you would still need, I would think, some seriously deep pockets as you would be buying advertising to go head to head to the NFL!

I don't pay for advertising. But that doesn't mean I don't advertise or promote my store. You can post links on Facebook as well as Pinterest, Google+ and twitter. If you belong to any forums that are sports related you can participate and most forums for an active member that contributes to the discussions and just not there to advertise what they sell, you can usually have a link to your store as part of your signature. You can write a blog or website about sports with links to your store. All your personal and business emails should also have your url with your signature, as well as on your return address on postage labels, and be sure to send both your packing slip with a thank you and a url to get back to you as well as sending a shipping notification with a signature and your url. The world will get out.

Of course, the more inventory in your store, the more the search engines will be interested in you and searches may find you a lot sooner. I don't know if this is still true, but I also read a few years back that search engines give more priority to a store that has been up and running for more than 6 months, so those folks that pop into venues, try them for a couple of weeks and then leave are doing themselves a disservice. Tracking your selling results for at least 9 months will let you know how well you are doing on a venue. And you can't expect instant results. I've seen more than one new seller get their stores sort of set up and then come here after a couple of days wondering why nothing has sold. Well lets see, they have a mishmash of what looks like yard sale rejects and only about 20 items. Why would any search engine bring in buyers to that store? They might somehow or other get a sale from someone stumbling in when doing a search, but not likely.

There are ways to promote without expense and once you have been selling awhile you can then choose to pay higher fees to ecrater and will get better visiblitiy for your items on GS. Hope this is of help.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sports66 wrote:
how can i use google shopping for promoting my products if i am a new seller in ecrater,is it not possible for using google shopping now?
All products listed on eCrater in stores that accept some form of electronic payment (except the items listed in the adult category) will be submitted to Google Shopping. There is no charge from eCrater for is service. All links in Google Shopping lead to your item as it appears in the eCrater Marketplace. When you make a sale through the Marketplace, you'll be charged 2.9% of the item price.

You will need to add the correct Google Attributes to get good placement in Google Shopping. There are lots of threads here in the forum with information related to Google Attributes.

@Moonwishes, thanks for correcting the information about AdWords and Adsense. I did get them confused.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Moonwishes, thanks for correcting the information about AdWords and Adsense. I did get them confused.

No problem. Like I said, a blunder on Google's part IMHO, and seems everyone gets them mixed up. I am still on the Adsense program, but where for years I was getting a $100 at least once a year, now it takes forever to get one and that includes the Adsense ads on my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: