eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New store here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indyseastgifts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: New store here Reply with quote

Come and look around and tell me what you think. Im looking for as much feedback i can get to help me grow.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater and to the Community.

I took a few minutes to look around your store and saw a few glaring problems. You don't have any shipping listed for Alaska or Hawaii and you are required by the eCrater Terms of Service to ship to all 50 states. If you get an order from one of those states, the customer is going to be charged $0.00 shipping. The reason those 2 states are listed seperately is to help the seller who may be on the east coast or to help the seller who may use UPS for the lower 48 and USPS for AK & HI.

I also was a bit puzzled by some of your shipping. You are charging $4.95 for a towel set, $8.95 for a boxed set of 6 candles, and $9.95 for a 38lb. weight bench. I don't sell these types of items and your shipping cost may be exactly as you desired, but it looked a little strange to me.

On your FAQ page you state:
Payment is made at point of sale. Payments accepted by credit card or PayPal in US funds. Sale prices do not apply to previous purchases.
On your terms page you state:
Indy's Est Gift's does not back order, if an item purchased has depleted stock, you will not be charged for the item and you will receive a confirmation email detailing your adjusted order total promptly.
These two statements are in conflict.

Your terms include a huge list of shipping cost/options. On eCrater every item must display the shipping cost charged by the seller to the customer. The method of shipping used is the seller's choice, however it is good customer service to make sure the customer understands the method the seller plans to use (ie. USPS, USP, FedEx, etc.)

It appears you copied your "terms" from another website. This should be completely revised to reflect YOUR terms and make sure they comply with eCrater's Terms of Service to which you agreed.

You really should remove the Cash on Delivery as a method of payment. That is a USPS service that is quite costly and risky to the seller.
Indyseastgifts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback i have addressed the issue you bought up.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I noticed that you are being a bit too brief in your titles and descriptions. Your titles can have up to 100 characters, which is valuable 'real estate' when it comes to selling. You are losing out - for instance with this items "Serpentine Dragon Mug". The description for this mug is all fiction/creative writing, however nowhere does it give you any facts such as size, what it is made of, where it is made, etc.

You are collecting sales tax from three states. Are you located in each of those states? Your listing shows you as being from US, IN and I assume that is Indiana and not India? If Indiana, then you correctly should be collecting state sales tax from there, but how come CA and TX? Okay I see in your FAQ that you ship from CA, but where is TX coming from?

Quote:
Canada Post is available for orders shipping to Canada. Minimum Canada Post shipping rate is 29.95. Rates include shipping, handling, duties and GST

You can't ship via Canada Post unless you are in Canada, unless you have a convoluted way to get your item into Canada to ship it. If you are shipping from California, it would be rather difficult to get orders in California, into Canada to ship to Canada to send via Canadian Post.

Quote:
USPS Air Mail is available for orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and APO/FPO addresses.

There is no such thing as USPS Air Mail anymore! There hasn't been for a good long while. All those sites can be shipped to via First Class mail or Priority mail.

Quote:
Tracking notifications are received via email in 1-3 business days.

As part of the ordering process, when you have shipped an order, you need to insert the tracking number into your order on your order page and then eCRATER sends the buyer the tracking number and IMHO you should as well to let them know that the item has shipped.

Quote:
Return Police

In your terms. Is this supposed to be Return Policy? You have other spelling and grammar issues in your terms as well that need fixed.

Quite frankly, your shipping costs are a joke. $8.95 to ship 'Steel Frame Weight Bench with Adjustable Height Bar Chest Press Military Incline Decline'! I checked what it would run to chip via UPS and it would be at minimum (from what I could figure on the UPS website) $182 to ship from California to Pennsylvania. I used to live in CA so used my old zip code and my current one here in PA. Even if I am off 50% on the shipping cost, you are going to get hit with almost $100. If I was a buyer in your store and saw that a $10 mug cost the same to ship as a weight bench, I would be upset and figure that I was helping subsidize your heavier shipments. Perhaps you have some sort of set up for shipping that I can’t see, and maybe you have been selling things on line for a long time, but it looks to me like you don’t really understand shipping costs at all.

The same with shipping a mug to Alaska, etc. I believe that a packaged mug shouldn’t run more than 2#, if that, to ship and sending it via Priority mail across the street or to Guam is the same price using PM. Shouldn’t cost you more than $11 total! And you are asking $20 to ship it. I don’t know any zip codes off hand to figure out shipping for those weight benches, but I would guess it costs more to send it to Alaska than the selling price. And you must ship to Alaska and Hawaii. For most items, the postage is the same to those 2 states as any other of them. The territories run the same as well unless you are shipping something using PM zones, although I have always found that way more expensive than other PM methods.

Sorry a lot to take in at once, but mistakes with shipping can ruin you FAST! Better to fix sooner than later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: