eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping / Invoicing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chakracord

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Shipping / Invoicing Questions Reply with quote

I have a few questions and I think I know what the answers are from the other shop I have here.

??? If a buyer ask for a combine shipping invoice ???
-- Would the buyer have to send their email and I would have to use Paypal to send an invoice?
or
-- The buyer pays the full amount and I can refund the shipping difference. (Which is in my shop's FAQ )
??? When sending a buyer a shipping notification ???
-- Do you use your email to notify them with tracking info.
( I don't notice any buyers contact within the stop )
??? When using the matrix ???
-- What do you do when your shop has a lot of small, lightweight items that easily goes first class mail, but there are those few larger items that are $11-$14 to ship?
( I am working on another shop and have run into this problem. Otherwise the matrix is going good for what I want to do )
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your lightweight items, you should have your matrix set up in such a way that they should combine into a weight and the postage should be about what you have assigned to that weight. 10 years of the matrix for me and I always have my postage correctly calculated unless I forgot to change the weight number when adding a heavier item. If the buyer buys 3-4 or more of those overwieght items, then it might mess up a bit, but that is very rare, about like winning over $100K in the lottery.

I'm sorry I can't answer more right now, I'm in a lot of pain and have to quit working for awhile.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Shipping / Invoicing Questions Reply with quote

Chakracord wrote:
I have a few questions and I think I know what the answers are from the other shop I have here.

??? If a buyer ask for a combine shipping invoice ???
-- Would the buyer have to send their email and I would have to use Paypal to send an invoice?
or
-- The buyer pays the full amount and I can refund the shipping difference. (Which is in my shop's FAQ )

Either of these options would work and they are the only options of which I'm aware. When the buyer sent you a message regarding a combined invoice, they included their email address for an answer so you already have their email address to send an invoice.

Quote:
??? When sending a buyer a shipping notification ???
-- Do you use your email to notify them with tracking info.
( I don't notice any buyers contact within the stop )

Buyers don't have accounts on eCrater. After the sale, you can enter the tracking using the link below the order information in your admin. When you enter the tracking, eCrater sends a form email with the tracking information. While I use this feature, I like to send the customer a personal email to make sure they have my email in case they have a question about the order or want to get back to my store to order more items. You also might want to add the tracking to Paypal if you didn't use their service to print your postage.

Quote:
??? When using the matrix ???
-- What do you do when your shop has a lot of small, lightweight items that easily goes first class mail, but there are those few larger items that are $11-$14 to ship?
( I am working on another shop and have run into this problem. Otherwise the matrix is going good for what I want to do )

If you like using the matrix, just use the flat rate for the larger items. The checkout system will always look for:
1) USPS Calculated shipping,
2) Free Shipping,
3) Flat Rate listed on the item page,
4) Weight Matrix
IN THIS ORDER. So if you use the matrix for most of your items but have a few larger items, just add the Flat Rate to those items. The system will charge the Flat Rate rather than the matrix. If you chose this system, make sure you create a system to flag those items so you can change the shipping when USPS changes their rate.

For others who may be reading this, the Flat Rate is limited to the number of international countries and may not work for sellers who want to ship to lots of international locations.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Shiela

I had to write down that order because I may have to go into one of the other shops to update.

I didn't realize that I could mix the flat rate with the matrix.
Nice to know.

PS. I take it that you do not place any pounds in the box when using flat rate.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing, but it doesn't have anything to do with invoicing and shipping, but

I notice that ecrater has a pinterest account and nobody is really using their boards. If I understand pinterest, the last posting was 7 weeks ago.

I do have a few accounts on pinterest and will be using them for this site once I have the last shop completed.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to place something in the weigh field because it is required. Also, it's easier to enter the weight when you do the listing than to go back later and wish you had that information.

My information on pinterest is limited. I don't know who maintains the eCrater Pinterest Account. As far as using Pinterest to promote your store, I have to tip my hat to Moonwishes whom I dub the eCrater Pinterest Queen, possibly the entire Pinterest Queen. Very Happy It's been a good source for her to draw paying customers to her eCrater store.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Shiela

So far, I only had one item in the other shop that I used the Flat rate in.

I have Pinterest accounts and now I have to redirect them to ecrater instead of my prior site.

I was just looking at the ecrater pinterest boards.
I know you have to be invited to post on their boards, but I just thought no one seems to be using the ecrater boards along with their own personal ones. Hmmmmmmmm Question
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sheila. I'm blushing! Embarassed

@Chakracord - I use my own Pinterest site ( http://pinterest.com/gailetesews/ ) to promote my store items. Most of my Pinterest boards are about sewing, needlework, quilting, crafts and guess what sewing! I sell mostly sewing patterns. So, it works out well. Another seller here has allowed me and a few others to post on her Pinterest board as well. I try the day after listing an item to post it to Pinterest in the right board. One of the nice things about Pinterest is if you have something that can go on more than one board, you can pin it to them. This is a workaround from having only one category per item on eCRATER. So, when I have say a pajama sewing pattern for the whole family including the dog, I can post it to the Misses, Men's, Boys, Girls, pet boards. Someone that wants to see what I have for sale in the way of Pajama Patterns on my Pinterest site, can got there, insert pajama patterns in the search box and specify 'your pins' and you can see all the pajama patterns that I have. Click on the photo that they like, and you can see a bigger photo and a link called Visit to go directly to my store and buy the pattern if they want.

I don't know how many people get orders via Pinterest, but it is a good site to not only combine your loves but promote your niche marketing. One of my patterns, last I saw had over 7000 repins and that was about a year ago, And I have gotten multiple questions of people wanting to buy it, including one last week! Although I am out of it, it is out of print, and nobody seems to have a copy of it at this point. Therefore, I try not to delete any patterns that might circulate back into my inventory. With a Pinterest post that has gone viral, I would bet that if I found a copy of the pattern, I would have it sold within 24 hours at just about any price. All the links are still there.

Other than the board that I was given permission to post to, I guess I don't pin to the eCRATER board. Did I even know there was one? For doing my promotions, I use the buttons on the listing, and to post to the eCRATER Pinterest board, I guess, I would need to find out who has the permissions for that. While I pin ALL my newest listings and anything that has sold with the 4-digit pattern number, which can end up being quite a few new pins, I also do that with Google+, I never do that with Facebook. To dump more than a few items a day is just too much, to send to all your friends and have their pages inundated as well. so, I only post a few things, usually my rarer or hard to find items.

Hope this helps and now I am off to research and find the keeper of the eCRATER Pinterest board.

Very Happy
Quiltpolice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Moonwishes

I found out about ecrater pinterest board in your dashboard

under OTHER OPTIONS.
..... Promote my Store
----- then scroll down to social media

I don't do Facebook either.

I did set up 4 Pinterest accounts to go with my different shops and only have done a little to 3 of them.

I have been busy moving from one location to anther and I am almost done now to start concentrate on promoting my stores.

Thank you for the information.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, can you give me the url please so I can find it. I think I'm getting too tired now.
Quiltpolice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Moonwishes

here you go
https://www.pinterest.com/ecrater/

It might be worth using with over 12,000 followers
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I have 23000 followers on my board, but 12000 isn't anything to sneeze at.

Now the question is: Who is the one to give permission to post on the ecrater Pinterest board? Anyone know or do I have to ask the team?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: