eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Paypal Security Upgrades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Paypal Security Upgrades Reply with quote

For the third time now I have received a long detailed email from Paypal concerning some upcoming security upgrades.
They say I have the following issue:

• IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS - Complete by June 2018
- Update Needed: Yes

This is a real email and a real issue that has been discussed here and on other forums, but I have not yet seen any one post a solution.

I will very likely loose my ability to use paypal if my "IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS" issue is not corrected by June 2018.

Can any one tell me how to resolve this issue?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the ecrater's teams thing to fix, not us.
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The page below from the Paypal website is similar to the email they sent me:
https://www.paypal-notice.com/en/

-
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of us (if not all of us) received the same email. If you have your own website, use the same email for Paypal payments that you use on eCrater and use the Paypal "IPN Verification Postback" service, then you need to hop to and fix your website before June 2018. These changes are related to the process that has been going on all over the web as websites convert from http to https. If you only use this email address for payments on eCrater, then there is NOTHING you can do because you are not the webmaster.

Even if this isn't fixed, you wouldn't lose your ability for customer's to pay you on eCrater. This email is talking about the "Instant Payment Verification" (IPN). If this isn't working, eCrater wouldn't receive the information back from PayPal which would cause havoc for order notifications, but the customer could pay! I'm sure the eCrater team will have this working long before the deadline.

If it would make you feel better, and you don't trust this information, then you should contact eCrater direct from the contact link on the home page of eCrater to let them know you are concerned about the email you received from Paypal. Only the eCrater team can give the absolute, up to the moment answer. We are only sellers, not part of the eCrater Team.
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only sell on eCrater and ebay.
I assume ebay will also handle the issue for me?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I assume ebay will also handle the issue for me?

Who can know what eBay has up its sleeve? Seems like if they have an eBay forum thread that someone might have mentioned this and got a thread going about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: