eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Invisible Shop Listings and No Sales :-(
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLocalCrew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Invisible Shop Listings and No Sales :-( Reply with quote

Hi, I have not been on here long, but I was expecting to have at least one sale by now Sad. I have now discovered that all my listings are not viewable in my store yet they are on my products list. I don;t know how or why that happened.
I need help as to why I am not getting any sales and now my shop listings are not visible. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like you have your store "ON HOLD"
TheLocalCrew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: No Sales Reply with quote

Oh No? Really? I will go and check those settings again. The listings were all visible until yesterday. Thanks for that...

Is there any reason why I have no sales? I have free shipping on most items and prices are middle to the low end of current market sales for the same items elsewhere. What am I doing wrong?

Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you
TheLocalCrew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: No Sales Reply with quote

I have taken my store off hold and the products can still not be seen in my store preview. I can see them in the products list and I have checked to make sure none are hidden. I updated the mailing/shipping costs yesterday would that cause all my listings to disappear? Right now I can only see one sewing pattern. I have listed almost 200 products I think. Sad
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
In the categories that you have things listed I can see they are available to buy. It takes a few days for them to upload to the search engines such as Google and Bing. Then more people can search for them. It took me about a week before I got my first sale. Here you must do your own promoting. I use Pinterest and google plus to link my items to my listings.
Good luck and welcome to Ecrater!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. How long is 'not to long?' You have an eclectic assortment of items, so say someone looking for a pattern isn't going to necessarily find what they are looking for. I have close to 8000 items listed and don't have things flying off the shelves. I think I got my first sale here after a month or two and from when I started listing.

I don't know if you have sold on line before, but you have to realize just how many things are up for sale in the huge ocean of ecommerce. Your store is barely a microdrop in that ocean. It takes awhile to be found by the web spyders and bots, you have to promote your goods, so it might take some time for them to get found. If you have a facebook page and Pinterest page, they are excellent places to show off your inventory.

Not saying you won't get sales, but it usually isn't instant. Just keep listing. be sure that the descriptions of your sewing patterns are the first thing in your descriptions, as everything else is considered boilerplate. The blurb that you have at the beginning is not needed. Looking at it here in the states we see the US shipping price and the OZ folks with see that price. So, that is just wasting space and taking attention away from what you are selling. Your listing of pattern conditions should be in your terms or FAQ. As well as the comment about never selling cut patterns. I am mentioning this because google doesn't like boilerpoint which is the bulk of your description.

You will find that buyers like to see the back of patterns as well otherwise they have to ask what amount of fabric to buy, etc. Your about us didn't mention that you yourself sew, but ask yourself what information you will need to make a reasonable decision about what you are buying if you were a sewer.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that your store is off hold, it can be searched by the major search engines and included in the eCrater feed to Google Shopping. You need to make sure you have included your Google Attributes to help with visibility.

Two things jumped out when I viewed your store. First, you are in violation of eCRATER's Terms of Service.
Quote:
Terms of Service
4.4 Content requirements
- Shipping must be set-up in the store to all locations that are selected in the shipping zones. It is not allowed to request shipping or additional costs after an order has been placed. The buyer should have the full cost upon checkout.
You MUST set up shipping to every country you select. As you have it set currently, you only state the shipping your description. The customer will be charged $0.00 for shipping and you are not allowed to ask for shipping money after they have completed checkout.

Second, your item descriptions are going to hurt you on the internet. Google Shopping is quite clear that they don't want the term "Free Shipping" in the title and they don't want shipping information in the item description. It appears that if the shipping information is unique to the item being described and it's at the end of the description, then it doesn't seem to cause the item to be disapproved. However, they are quite clear they don't want any "boilerplate" in the item description. (It is also against eCrater Terms of Service to include boilerplate text in your description.) Starting your item descriptions as you do with boilerplate information that is about shipping will probably get your entire eCrater store disapproved in Google Shopping.

Postcards are a very slow seller unless you have a very unique card do to the huge number of common cards available on the internet. I say this as both a postcard seller and a postcard collector. I'm not saying don't sell them, I'm just saying you shouldn't expect quick results.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double posting ... oops ... sorry
TheLocalCrew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to look at my store and then took even more time to give me constructive feedback. Yes, I am new to this (I guess it shows) I will go back and review everything with your advice under my belt. I have to admit I have never heard 'boilerplate' before. I also wasn't aware I have breached the terms of eCrater. I have a bit of work to do yet! I do have more substantial things other than postcards and sewing patterns to list, but I guess I took the easy options to list whilst I was learning. It seems I have a lot to learn! I will get busy! Thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate your help Razz
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't recommend that you steal my text or photos, you might want to take a look at my store. I've been selling patterns for over ten years and sewing for over 50 - boy am I getting old. While I do love helping sellers here, I generally don't give any specific advice about pattern selling, but since our stores are open to the public, you can look all you want. Very Happy

And I am still finding boilerplate at times that I don't have all removed! With as many patterns as I have sold and listed, finding all those old, old listings can take forever for me to find, so for you better to get rid of them now.
TheLocalCrew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishesstore, thank you so much! I am going to do exactly that (check out your store). I would never steal any text or photos, it is not how I am. I am just trying to 'find my feet' I guess and it is more challenging than I thought! I have been diagnosed with an illness and have to be at home for a while so rather than do nothing I thought I would share some of my collections for sale that I can no longer use. I have a diverse collection of vintage things, clothing, art and books. I was once a cross stitch instructor for a large Australian firm, and sold my own paintings/drawings artwork at antique stores and fairs. I have been sewing and crafting since I was 12 (now 50+) I can no longer do most of that, and I am a bit unsure of how to put my weird and wonderful history into words that would be suitable in the 'about me'. I will give it a shot after I have worked through all the listings and hopefully corrected the issues. I genuinely appreciate the help Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started listing on line 16 years ago when my new husband and I had no clue what was wrong with me and the doc had no idea either. We thought I was dying so I started listing my craft books for sale so he wouldn't have to deal with them once I was dead. Still alive and still selling. I have severe rheumatiod arthritis along with some other stuff. I too have been sewing 50+ years. Many of us here are old ladies!

Years ago a fellow sellers alerted me to the fact that some seller instead of doing their own photos of the patterns they were selling had snitched them from others of us. I remember distinctly that she didn't even pick good photos to steal as a bunch of them are all orange looking - like from old film which I'm sure you remember. So all her listings looked like a hodge podge. Seems to me she would have been further ahead to get a cheap scanner (mine cost me $25 and lasted for at least 10-15K scans) than wasting all the time hunting photos down that she needed!
Superdeals01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem ,I can see my store link https://superdeals01.ecrater.com/ but when I send to others nothing shows in my store.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Superdeals01... Your store is currently suspended. As fellow sellers, we don't know the reason. I would suggest you go to the home page of eCRATER at ecrater.com and click on the FAQs tab. There you'll see a link to the Terms which you should review. You should also review the sections from the link "Selling". If you find the problem, fix the issue then send eCRATER an email from the contact link on the home page as ask to be reinstated. Your inventory has not been taken down, it's only hidden until your store meets the marketplace rules.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@superdeals - you also need to fill in your home page test where you welcome buyers, you're about us page and your terms page. Currently, you have 7 items up for sale. You also need to have your items in proper categories unless you are only going to have about 10 or so items. If you plan on having a lot to sell, then you need categories.

Without being able to see your listings, I can't tell if it looks like you have pirated items for sale or you have items that need special permission to resale. Some companies are very strict and eCRATER, if they know something is problematic, may have your store suspended until it is figured out. We can't tell why you are suspended. Check where Sheila said to see if you can figure it out yourself.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: