eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A bad day in Trenton

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: A bad day in Trenton Reply with quote

I wish our little community could be famous for something other than what happened today. It is very quiet tonight. I'm about 6 miles west of town. It feels like everyone is waiting to see what happens next.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Florida also, not far from you. I am very sorry your community has to deal with such devastating sadness. What is good about a small community like Trenton and I have experienced this, is that the community rallies around each other and helps each other through the bad times. Hope you all will find a place to heal from this loss.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone at the local small town paper. He said they were getting calls from TV stations all over looking for more information. Have to feed the 24 hour news cycle.

I'm sitting her on my package box having just put 4 in the mailbox. My smartphone, a butter knife, and a jar of crunchy peanut butter. I'm good.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened? I take it you don't mean Trenton NJ.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two young police officers were shot as they were eating at a local restaurant in the small country town of Trenton, FL. The killer then shot himself outside the restaurant. So sad for the officer's families.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched an interview the County Sheriff gave yesterday afternoon and thought he did an outstanding job. One response I really appreciated was in reply to a question about the shooter. He was asked about what he wanted to say about the shooter and his response was "nothing".

If the 24/7 media would follow his lead and remain silent on these crazy shooters I really believe there would be less shootings. As it is, the public can tell you the names of so many crazy people who did terrible things, but rarely can they name the people who were hurt.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sheriff's Office sits in the fork of two roads, CR-339 and US-129. I hope they rename those roads in honor of the deputies.

As to the shooter … I am curious if he was a former felon. In theory they should not have to right to own a gun, restoration of constitutional rights notwithstanding. I am curious to hear where the weapon came from. If we ignore the backstory (such as it is) we may have to endure it again.

This was a crime of the highest magnitude.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you didn't think I was suggesting we not know the circumstances surrounding the shooting and ignore the backstory. I just get tired of hearing 24/7 about shooters and seeing their picture on the news.

I would much rather hear the details that lead to the shooter taking the action, maybe details of how he acquired the gun, but no mention of their name or photo. These crazy people think they are going to be the headline news for days
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that occurred to me last night …

What it appears that we have here is a suicide bomber, who used a gun instead of a bomb. I think it is vital that we know the why. The who is less important, but the why is. To sweep it under the rug would be abandoning our social contract that we lives our lives by. To remediate the problem, we have to know the why.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I attended the funeral service for the two officers. There were 700+ uniformed law enforcement officers, plus about 1200-1500 citizens, and 15 or so media trucks present. It ran for about an hour, including remarks by Sheriff Shultz, Govenor Scott, and letters written by the mothers of the two officers. The final segment was a sermon by the chaplin of the Seminole County Sheriff's Office. It was a moving experience, and represented a wide section of the community.

One item that caught my attention … the deaths of the two deputies was the first lost of life in the line of duty, in this county, since 1956. It is normally a rather sedate and quiet place, but not at the moment. May they rest in peace.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: