eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Buying children's clothing in lots

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladysclothesjewelrycraftstoys

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Buying children's clothing in lots Reply with quote

I'd like to now your opinion

When buying children's clothes, do you like to look at individual pieces to mix and match when buying

OR do clothing bundles make things interesting?

Are bundles of clothes considered "old fashioned" ?

What are your experiences?

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Chakracord

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did sell children's clothing, I would bundle it unless it's some special. (Like ringer bearer suit and such).

I grouped them into sizes.
Baby clothing, I would do multiple sizes to account the growth of the kid.
So I may have 3 pcs 0-3months, 4-5 pcs 4-6 months as a grouping or something similar.
I also take into consideration the shipping. Taking the weights of the groupings. If they are over 1lb, then legal flat rate would do. I pre-pack to see the fit and there may be a possibility to get a couple extra pieces in it. This will help me determine how many pieces will be in a grouping.

Basically, I look at the brand. (expensive brands, I will sell separately, clothing that sells for $30-40, I will sell for $8-$12)
Then I look at the weight and then judge what will work.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

That's about how I am trying to do it. I just never thought of creating a bundle for an entire year of growth. That definitely is a great idea. I appreciate all suggestions and ideas.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had to buy children's clothing, the internet hadn't been invented yet. Things have changed big time since those days - my 'baby' turns 35 in August.

If I would buy clothes on line, I would probably prefer a bundle in the same sizes and clothing that coordinated. I wouldn't go for multiple sizes. I know one of the things I did the day I came home from the hospital after having the last one was pack away all the newborn clothes as he was 10# 7oz 23" long. Those newborn things just don't fit 'monster sized' babies! Shocked Back in those days at baby showers and things like that, so many people gave clothing for newborn sizes and then maybe 3-6 months, so suddenly the baby has a growth spurt and they don't have anything that fits. Which is why it seems that selling in one size makes more sense, so you can buy what you need. IMHO. Who knows though with my first grandbaby on the way! I'm excited and already have a bunch of stuff ready for him/her. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. That's roughly what I am doing or at least trying to do. I hope others who read this will also give me their two cents worth of ideas and suggestions. I want to offer something that will make customers happy, so I thank everyone for their inputs.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: