eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Coupons?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mi-chans

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Coupons? Reply with quote

Hi. Is there anyway to offer coupons / discounts through eCrater or PayPal?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not currently.
thetomsboutique

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you haven't noticed or heard, they just added this feature about a month ago.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is now.

Under SELLERS ONLY Section

https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=37923
ladysclothesjewelrycraftstoys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

I just came across this post and was wondering if you can add more than one promo code?

for example spend 50$ get free shipping use code FR50

spend 35$ get 20% off use code 20off

Those are just examples, but I think you know what I mean and the possibilities are interesting

thanks
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=37923

It appears that you can use many coupons at once, but since there is no way in our listings to see how those combined promos might actually work, they might cost the seller a lot in lost profit if multiples can be used in the same transaction. How would we know if this is the case?

Rolling out the promos with no instructions or guidelines as to the many possible ways they might be used, or not used, was a total miss on behalf of the ecrater team, in my opinion.

I especially do not like that it's all or nothing. I want promo codes for specific categories within my store, or even singular promos for specific items of my choosing.
DavesBargainMerchandise

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Coupons / Promo Code / Sale Reply with quote

The PROMO CODE does not seem to be completely functional yet or it is just too time consuming to figure out and I have not found a detailed explanation for the functionality of the PROMO CODE in this forum. Bummer!

Does anyone know if a store can create a "Sale", like a sale set. Similar to what all retailers nationwide do for Christmas. Example: "Christmas Sale! Sweaters 50% off" Question Big Thanks to anyone who can tell me if I can put stuff on sale.

Thanks again!
Dave
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. There are no ways to place promos into specific categories or items within your store. It's all or nothing across the board promo for the entire inventory.

I would use promos if they were more functional, but suggestions of late appear to fall on deaf ears.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put things for sale all in one or more categories by way of the global editor, however at this point in time, I don't think there is any way to show that the prices are on sales and not the everyday prices unless you also put that in text at the beginning of your description. I have used coupons, discounts, etc. here and at other venues and never got any more sales from them. So at this point, I no longer try to do special pricing.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean, create a sale or discounted or clearance category within the store, then manually transfer the specific items via global editing? Thank you.

I have yet to see an actual ecrater sanctioned promo in action, so it doesn't appear they really exist in any meaningful way.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My life has been too full to even look at the new promo stuff so I know nothing about it.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, let me make it clear that I have not used this feature personally. The Promo Code feature was introduced in July on this topic https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=37923&start=0. For new sellers, you should ALWAYS log into the forum so you can view all the forums.

It was my understanding that the Promo Code was introduced to be used by sellers as a coupon. For example, you could include a coupon with a shipment that would give a buyer a 10% discount on a future order when they use the Promo Code "seller's code Name" at checkout. It's use would be restricted to the people you told about the code. It appears the Promo Code is a storewide code.

I'm not sure how it could be used for a store sale. It would seem logical that a seller could have a sale that gave 10% OFF all items for a set period of time, but you would have to advertise the promo code and the buyer would have to enter the code at check-out. You could use the Global Editor to add a line of text to every description to describe the sale and maybe add something to your front page. At the end of the sale you would then need to use the Global Editor to remove the statements and remove any mention on your front page.

I still have questions about how this would work. Maybe sellers could start a collection of questions on the forum link above and then send the list to eCRATER for answers.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about the suggestion for Creating an internal bargain category within our stores, it makes a lot of sense. The title of that category will show up with time in searches, if properly worded. and those items can be reverted back to their original category using the global editor. Thanks again for the comment on this, MoonwishesStore.

ie: 2018 Holiday sale 25% off select items Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Decor, blah blah blah.

I have tried one of the new promo codes by ecrater, for free shipping with minimum $ purchases, but cannot see anywhere in my listings that they are implemented, or how they are shown to anyone. Maybe it shows up in the cart, but since I'm not trying to buy my own products, I don't know if that's correct. What use is a sales promo if it ain't visible before someone places it in their cart?
Chakracord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my clothing shop, I did have a separate category of Clearance.

I decided not with all the different types of garments.
So, all the clothing are in their categories and those that I reduced the price has CLEARANCE in the titles.

Then in the shop window of introduction, I have....

Welcome to Busted Or Not

Please feel free to browse the pre-owned clothing.

Busted or Not sells mainly women's pre-owned clothing,
but I do have some men's clothing, too.
I have some jewelry pieces and accessories.
There are also some new items with or without tags.
Various fashions to wear, give or even upcycling.

^^^ NOTE: ENTER CLEARANCE TO SEE MARKDOWN ITEMS ^^^

Any questions, please feel free to contact me.

I figure if that's what they are only interested in, they can search my shop for the word CLEARANCE.

I also have (and will be updating) in my FAQ's

Finding SALE / REDUCED or CLEARANCE items.
In this shop, I will reduce prices down. I will reduce prices to the lowest with the word "CLEARANCE" in the title. While in this shop, you can search for the word CLEARANCE and find the item that are mark down in price. NOTE: If you are shopping the eCrater Marketplace, you can also use to search by the words "SALE" , "REDUCED" and "CLEARANCE". (This is what I notice while trying to figure out how this site works.)

I did a few searches on eCrater Marketplace with Sale, Reduced and Clearance and thought that in FAQ's would help others with reduced inventory.

Just a thought.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops duplicate posting.

Last edited by Chakracord on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: