eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Where are we?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dndproducts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Where are we? Reply with quote

I do a lot of online searching for various products, but have yet to see any listings from eCrater. Has anyone noticed eCrater listings with a Google search? If so, could you add a link or site address with your reply.
Thank you
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are we? Reply with quote

dndproducts wrote:
I do a lot of online searching for various products, but have yet to see any listings from eCrater. Has anyone noticed eCrater listings with a Google search? If so, could you add a link or site address with your reply.
Thank you
I see items from eCrater in Google organic search, Bing search, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo all the time. Where your item is shown on search engines has a lot to do with how many of those items are offered for sale on the internet. If there are only a few, then your item should be shown on one of the early pages. If your item is sold by a ton of other websites, you may have to go to page 100 before a link to your item is shown. I just did a Google search for your "Puerto Rico Butterfly Flag Shirt" and it was displayed in an eCRATER ad on the right side of the second page in Google Search. I did not see the shirt listed on Google Shopping (GS). If you've just added PayPal, it will probably take a little time before the feed shows in GS. Having an electronic payment method is a requirement to be shown in GS.

I took a look at your store and you are in violation of eCRATER's Terms of Service. From the terms:
Quote:
4.3 Basic requirements

- All texts must be in English

You need to remove all none English descriptions from your item pages.
dndproducts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't necessarily referring to my products, it's that I haven't seen much from eCrater. However, thank you for your insight. Do I need to do anything else?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dndproducts wrote:
I wasn't necessarily referring to my products, it's that I haven't seen much from eCrater. However, thank you for your insight. Do I need to do anything else?
Since you asked, I would strongly suggest you work on your titles. I just looked at one of your items and the title is "Lions Leopards And Tigers Oh My!" While this is a cute title, it doesn't tell anyone what you are selling. We have 100 characters available for our titles and you should use all that are possible. Currently you are using 32 characters. Here's a suggestion, "Lions Leopards And Tigers Oh My! Green T-Shirt Women Small short sleeve 100% Cotton" which is 84 characters so you would still have room for another keyword. You need to add the words a customer would use to search for your item both in your store, on the eCrater marketplace and on all the internet search engines.

Second, you really need to have a listing for every color and every size available. I realize you are digitally printing them after the customer orders, but customers don't want to go back and forth about an item. They want to order, pay and wait for item. Since you currently have a green shirt shown, you could at least have a listing for a green small, green medium, green large, and green X-Large. As you can, you should add a separate listing for every size in every color.

I would also recommend you give the actual length of the t-shirt from the center back neck below band to bottom of the shirt and a flat measurement across the chest just below the sleeves, and across the waist (or hips) X number of inches above the hem. There are so many different sizes of new T-shirts that this would tell your customer exactly what they are going to receive. You could add this information in a graphic that could be added to each listing if all the shirts come from the same source.

I still remember waiting for a T-shirt with a company logo I was looking forward to wearing. It was a large according to the tag, but it seemed more like a child's large. It was smaller than a normal adult woman's small. I was so disappointed. The shirt had been a free gift because of a problem and I got exactly what I paid...nothing. If I had purchased the shirt, I would have returned it and expected a full refund (including shipping both ways) because there was no way anyone could reasonably have expected that shirt to be an adult woman's Large.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a drop shipper? I ask because your photos look like catalogue pics. I think eCRATER has some rules in place regarding posting drop shipped items to the major search engines.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too see plenty of eCRATER listings when doing searches. You can help get your listing seen better by G+ each of your listings.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in mind. If the items are not a trademark or a specific category. You never will find them in Google or any search engine.

Example of generic:
Black And Gold Beaded Choker With Tassels

Example more specific:
Wolverine From Then Till Now 2 (Comic Images 1992)
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Get in mind. If the items are not a trademark or a specific category. You never will find them in Google or any search engine.

Example of generic:
Black And Gold Beaded Choker With Tassels

Example more specific:
Wolverine From Then Till Now 2 (Comic Images 1992)

Okay you made me curious about the generic title! I just did a search for it and had over 14 million results. Clicked on the Shopping button and found 4 pages of them in shopping. It got results, not because it had a brand name, but because it was specific enough to bring up results.

At one point we had someone selling photos of roses. I remember their titles were Rose #1, Rose #2, etc. I just checked that kind of title on Google, it brings up rose bushes, rose wine, rose painted china, etc. With no specifics, no way to drill down to what you want.

If you have a lousy title and a lousy description, your chances of selling anything is slim to none. My first few years I worked on my titles until I got what seems to be effective, as well as my descriptions. It is part of why this is called work! Too many have drunk the 'quick and easy way to make money' soft drink. Since somehow they refuse to stop thinking this way, they won't change anything either and so many will blame the site for no sales. I am speaking in generalities here. For some, eCRATER isn't the best site so they need to find a venue that is and there are many of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: