eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does eCrater send invoice/How do you know item is sold?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Does eCrater send invoice/How do you know item is sold? Reply with quote

Confused Hi,
I'm sure this has been asked,but I've checked & searched & don't see an immediate answer,maybe someone will point me in the right direction.
How do you know,when you have a sale,Does eCrater send an invoice?
I don't see anyplace to manage your inventory, EXcept removing one by one,or does it automatically disappear once it's been sold?
Please help or point me to answer & thank you,
tn.woman
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
batjeep

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my first sale on eCrater earlier today (08/08/06) and it looks like there was an automatic email sent to the buyer that had a link to pay by Paypal.

I received the Paypal payment within a few minutes of the sale.

However, the item is still showing up as available in my store. I have been trying to figure out if I have to remove it manually or if it was supposed to remove itself. (It is an item that I have more of this item in stock, so I don't really care if it sells again.)

Does anyone know if I am supposed to remove it manually or if it was supposed to show as sold after the sale?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you know,when you have a sale,Does eCrater send an invoice?

You receive an order at the email you provided to ecrater.com for orders to be sent to.

IF the buyer only purchased from your store and not from several that sell on ecrater.com they are asked to select from the payment types you offer. This will show on your copy of the order along with they shipping info and the title of the items purchased. If the buyer selected PayPal as the payment source they are provided with a link to pay you. If they select money order etc, they are provided with your mailing info.
In my case, if the PayPal payment is not immediately received I always email them an invoice. If they said it would be paid using PayPal I send a PayPal invoice to them.

If the buyer has purchased from you and at least one other seller, you must invoice them no matter what payment type they selected.

eCrater.com only provides them with an order - not an invoice.

Quote:
I don't see anyplace to manage your inventory, EXcept removing one by one,or does it automatically disappear once it's been sold?

eCrater.com does not have an inventory management program. NO it does not disappear after it's sold.
eCrater.com does have a max quantity which will only prevent one buyer from buying up to the quantity you have in that box at one time. If you have 1 in that box and buyer A tries to purchase 2 - it will not allow them to change the quantity to 2. BUT if buyer A buys one and then buyer B comes along he too can buy 1 which will make you over sold on the item.

Here is what I do - once the order is received I upload a SOLD image and put it as the default --- see an example here -
http://bigtallmensclothing.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=217128
I leave that sold image there for about 2 weeks after I shipped the item - giving the buyer plenty of time to go back and look at what he/she purchased and compare to the item received.
Then I hide or delete the item depending on if I will have it again or not.

Remember if you hide the item --- no one can see it - not even the buyer.

Quote:
However, the item is still showing up as available in my store. I have been trying to figure out if I have to remove it manually or if it was supposed to remove itself. (It is an item that I have more of this item in stock, so I don't really care if it sells again.)

Does anyone know if I am supposed to remove it manually or if it was supposed to show as sold after the sale?

I think I have already answered most of this BUT I want to add - IF you have more to sell --- just leave the item and all will be fine. Once you sell the last one ... then you need to do something.
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: I just sold my first item too Reply with quote

Wish I had read this first. I went into a panic seeing it still listed and was afraid someone else would buy it so deleted it. Dang! I should have tried to save it somehow.
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: how do you upload that sold image Reply with quote

should have asked that question before. Embarassed
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great the question didn't show, typed it in the subject?? How do you upload that sold image
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how do you upload that sold image

go to the item
http://bigtallmensclothing.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=217128
put your mouse on the SOLD image
right click
select save image as --- save it to your hard drive

then log in at www.ecrater.com go to PRODUCTS on the left menu
find the item you want the image on
to the right of the title you have 4 icons - the first is a camera
click on the camera
click browse
find the SOLD image you just saved
upload the SOLD image
then click the word default under the sold image --- that will make it your first image.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: