eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Changing to shipping matrix in an established store.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Changing to shipping matrix in an established store. Reply with quote

I've been at eCRATER almost from its inception. I set up 5 stores. I used the shipping matrix for 4 of them. I'm in Canada so can't use USPS shipping. This store, my book and art store, the items had individual lfat rate shipping. Some of them I didn't even enter weights for. At times I've shipped books from the US to take advantage of media mail. I'm no longer able to do that on a regular basis. So now I am losing money every time I ship a book.

Is there a way I can turn on the matrix without having to go through and remove the individual shipping prices? This store is such a mess I don't want to start to edit and then find out it is wrong.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, I think the answer is yes, but I would strongly recommend you contact eCrater about your store. The system is set to check your flat rate shipping first and only go to the matrix when you don't have flat rates entered. There is a Global Editor Action "switch to weight matrix shipping" and you are allowed to select the zones. I would assume you could switch some zones and not others, for example just switch US and leave Canada as flat rate. However, I have never used this feature nor do I remember any discussion of this feature. If I were to consider the action myself, I would want to know from eCRATER exactly what to expect. Again, I would assume the action would erase all flat rate shipping listed on item pages.

If you have any items with 0 weight listed, those items will show $0.00 shipping if you convert to weight matrix. It would be a big help if you would give a follow-up posting to say what you learned from eCRATER, what you did and how you like the results.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: