eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to delete Global editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: How to delete Global editor Reply with quote

If anyone can help i welcome the feedback.
recently i learned how to do this global editor and added a few things. now, i don't need it and the info in it is out dated and have been searching how to get rid of it and can't.
You can't even edit it either. To me, this is crazy that once you add it and can't edit it or delete it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw your post. In the future, when you have a question it's much better to post under Help, Selling on eCRATER.com, or eCRATER sellers only. You could have added your question as a reply to your original Introduce Yourself topic.

The Global Editor will keep a running record of every time you use it. If you need to do the same action again, you will need to click the Add Global Action and repeat the information. There is no way to delete the running record nor any need to delete. Each time you use the Global Editor will be a new request that will be added to the record.
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: About reply: About global editor Reply with quote

Sorry, i posted questions in the wrong catagory. As for global editor.. that's my whole problem.. I think its crazy that none of it can be deleted. Yes, if you add you can delete right away but otherwise your stuck with inaccurate useless tool and i dont want this effecting my whole store.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I wasn't clear about the Global Editor. When you use the Global Editor, you are requesting a one time action. When the request is completed, it's done and will not be repeated. It only takes the action you request for the one time.

Let's say you want to change the product condition for every item in your store. Maybe you are not sure if you added the condition for some items, or maybe some were added as new other and you want all items to show new. You would go to the Global Editor and click on Add Global Action. On the next page you would leave "Apply to*:" on the default "All Categories" because you want the action to affect every item in every category. Next you would select "Action*: and use the drop down choice to select "set product condition". Next you would select "User Value*" and use the drop down choice to select "New". Next you would click Add. The Global Editor will change (or leave the same) the Product Condition of every item in your store. Once the action has been completed, you'll see the date the Global Editor was used, what was done, which categories were changed, the base, the operator value and the status. The status column will have a green checkmark after the action is taken and a number showing the items changed. Once that action is done, it is done and will have NO future affect on your store. When you list your next item, you will need to add the correct Product Condition. If you later decide that one of the items changed by the Global Editor shouldn't have been changed, you can correct the Product Condition. The Global Editor action you ran will have NO effect on any future action in your store.

As your store grows and, if you use the Global Editor in the future, it's helpful sometimes to see what actions you've taken in the past. You may never want to review your past usage of the tool, but the information is there if you want it. It's simply a record of the actions you've requested in the past.

Just remember, once a Global Editor action is taken, it's done! It will not make any changes in the future to current products or to any new products you may add.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To delete a previous action, run the global editor again only this time set up to undo the previous action.

Just a note that currently you have 4 items listed. I don't see that having to delete 4 things by hand as onerous at all. I have around 8000 listed and when I need a mass change, I run the global editor. You just have to be sure of what you want to accomplish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: