eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone sell on other sites?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VandysVarietyShoppe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier this year closed shops on Etsy and Bonanza due to lack of sales - had been a seller on those sites since 2010. Tried both Zibbet and ArtYah for over 6 months- both a waste of time - very little traffic and 0 sales...
ArtYah has no track record as it is a new site - only a couple of years old but already has gone from a free site with its initial $5.00 signup fee to a site that has 10c listing fees.
Have been a seller on eBay for 16+ years and eBay is still the best selling venue for my items.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kingfish4400

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also sell on webstore.
kaka-collection

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: SELLING IN BONANZA Reply with quote

I have been selling in Bonanza for years.

I found the charges is quite expensive.
You want more sells, you need to do advertising or use their tools. or upgrade to a higher level. Totally it has a very high percentage of charges.

Even you use them, monthly only less 20 items sold. If you don't use them, you have no sells.

So I activate my ecrater shop, hopping to get more sells.

Welcome to visit my shop.
purpleiris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started on Bonanza back in December 2009 just to sell off some of mom's excessive ornament collection. Back then, traffic was minimal, but things were still good with the site. Then they took on investors and totally ruined the site -- and the owners' personalities suddenly seemed to change for the worse, too. I totally deleted my account there and don't even shop there anymore now that I know who I'd be doing business with.

I started drop-shipping and then found eCrater in 2010. I've been here ever since despite the fact that I didn't sell a thing for two whole years. Sales here really didn't start happening for me until around 2014 and each year gets better, but I do need to promote more (been bad about that). Then Ruby Plaza came along, which was slow, but still did better than my eCrater shop. It was just starting to gain ground when they suddenly decided to shut the site down. I was so upset and still miss that shop.

Since then, I've tried a couple of stand-alone shops with various hosts, but I never had the time it takes to properly promote them. Especially since I was drop-shipping and spent most of my time trying to keep up with all of that. So I finally took the plunge on Etsy in January 2014 and started listing my vintage items there, which makes up a good majority of my products.

While Etsy has been by far the best producer of sales, they totally killed my shop in 2016 when they started hijacking my prime Google-ranking. As a result, I went 8 solid months without a single sale there. They were replacing my direct listing links with links to their marketplace pages of all of my competitors' items, including mine in the very last position behind all of them. I didn't discover it until early 2017 and reported them to Google, so they have since stopped doing it to my listings. Every now and then, I'll see them doing it to other shops when Googling stuff. As a result, I have lost all respect for and trust in them and it just keeps getting worse. It's like Bonanza all over again -- with my shop and in their forums.

With everything that I had already been through personally between 2012 and 2015 (my best friend died and my ex and a long-time friend both committed suicide -- all within a year), I became discouraged with selling online, stopped drop-shipping, and reduced my business to a hobby. So, now, I just sell the family's stuff here and on Etsy. I don't know how much longer I can put up with Etsy's shenanigans, though. Are the few sales and increasing fees really worth all the stress they cause with their blatant attempts to steal our customers in all the various ways they do? I'm already starting to have to deactivate listings that have used up their allotted renewals. Paying $2.20 on listing fees alone to sell a low-priced item is insane.

I really need to promote my eCrater shop more and am working to get all of my Pinterest Boards and Google Collections cleaned up and updated, making sure everything points to my custom domain that I use on eCrater. The only problem with that, as I just discovered last night, is that I have no way to track traffic to my custom domain. Google Analytics shows no hits since shutting down my last stand-alone shop. Hmm...that just gave me an idea for a suggested feature -- allowing us to include a tracking code for our custom domains. I am starting to see my listings with my custom domain in Google organic, so that would be good.

Since deciding to demote this business to a hobby, I have been going back and forth between ideas for other revenue streams -- unrelated to this hobby-turned-business-turned-hobby. LOL I have finally decided on getting serious about blogging since I want to get back into the swing of writing fiction. Of course, my blogs won't contain fiction. It's just a way for me to redevelop my ability to write for pleasure rather than business so, maybe, one day I can finally finish that novel I started nearly 30 years ago. I'm just trying to finish up two major projects before delving into that and I'm nearly finished, so am getting excited! =)

Anywho, the bottom line? eCrater and Ruby Plaza are the only two sites I've felt good about selling on. We might have to work more for sales around here, but it's worth it to do business with an honest site.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: