eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How To Rotate Photos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyliesklotheskloset

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: How To Rotate Photos Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Some of my photos when I upload them to my listing, load as sideways. In my pictures folder on my computer, they are straight up and down/normal. What is making them load sideways on Ecrater and how do I correct this? I am new here. Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using photos from your cell phone? I know that is/was a problem on Amazon. The picture would come up sideways if they used their cell instead of a normal camera.

As to how to fix it, I'm sure there are others who will help you with that. Because of what I sell, for the most part we scan our items and then process them with no trouble. The things I have used my camera for I have no problem either.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until You get some more specific answer, try to open Your photo in Paint (it's a free Microsoft program in Your computer, if You use Windows) and save it again to Your folder.

Also, check this parameter, I've rotated Your photo and changed a little bit the dimensions & alignment:

See, if uploaded to Your listing, it will keep a vertical position.
kyliesklotheskloset

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ArtistsUnion, Aha! Bingo! I went into Paint and made the dimensions smaller and saved them and reloaded them to Ecrater and it fixed it! They are now normal looking pics, yay! Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

@Moonwishes, I'm old school and still use my digital camera to take pics and load them to my computer, lol. Laughing Very Happy Very Happy :
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyliesklotheskloset wrote:
@ArtistsUnion, Aha! Bingo! I went into Paint and made the dimensions smaller and saved them and reloaded them to Ecrater and it fixed it! They are now normal looking pics, yay! Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

@Moonwishes, I'm old school and still use my digital camera to take pics and load them to my computer, lol. Laughing Very Happy Very Happy :

I'm worse! I have a Sony Smartphone that has been sitting for months as I don't know how to set it up! I had a cell phone in the days that I was still working out, but no pictures, no texting, none of that. I have thought of bundling my phone up and sending it to a friend of mine to set it up!
kyliesklotheskloset

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There ya go! Sounds like a good plan to me! lol Wink Laughing Very Happy
pickychicky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kylie! I'm glad Paint is working out for you. I just wanted to share what I do with my photos, which does require more time, but does produce much better results and looks more professional on my shop pages. I'm not familiar with Paint, so I'm not sure if it can be done there. I use PhotoShop, but there are free products out there that will allow you to do the same as what I'm about to describe. I know of some and their names are on the tip of my tongue, but I can't recall them. I believe Google Photos might have this option, too, but don't quote me on that.

I also use my phone's camera to take pictures as I don't have a steady enough hand for professional cameras -- at least not the affordable ones -- and the cameras I do have don't fit well on my tripod. LOL I then download the images to my computer and edit them in PhotoShop. The first thing you should do is create a blank canvas file that is at least 800px square (the minimum Google prefers, last I checked). Save the file as it will be used over and over again for this task.

With that ready to go, here's what I do:

1) Crop the image to center the item, removing any excess space between the item and the edges.
2) Adjust the brilliance of the color and lighten up dark images when needed.
3) Adjust its longest side to 800px and save it.
4) Place the image on the blank canvas, centering it, and save it as a separate JPG file. I keep the previous file separate in an "Originals" folder for future use.

VOILA! Better looking images that will appear in full on your shop's pages and the item fills the image on its longest side. =)
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite program is PhotoScape which is a free Windows based program that really works well, is free, and has great help files if you need them. The program has lots more options over Paint, but it's not so overwhelming to learn. They have a special version for windows 10 that I haven't tried, but I would assume it works as great as the earlier versions.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: