eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sold an item to UK buyer but need to cancel order...how?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlaidPenguin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Sold an item to UK buyer but need to cancel order...how? Reply with quote

When I originally set up my eCrater account a few years ago I was going to ship world wide. When I recently returned to eCrater I was only going to ship to the US. I changed my settings to only ship to the US and to not accept any other currency. However today I have a sale to the UK and it charged 0 shipping costs. I need to refund and cancel the sale. How do I do that? Also what do I need to do to make sure that this doesn't happen again?

I tried searching the forums but I am not finding the answers.

Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to 1. Write and email to the customer that you have to cancel as the listing was incorrect without shipping. Apologize. 2. Go to PP or Stripe nad go through their procedures for refunding the customer.

You need to go into your shipping zones and change all the places you ship to to just the USA all 50 states.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@PlaidPenguin

Keep in mind that not accepting other currencies does not limit you to US only shipping. Customers will accept currency translation as a cost in order to get shipment to them. You have to turn off other things as well.
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your UK store is still active with FREE shipping. www.plaidpenguin.ecrater.co.uk
Go to Options and check "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies".
By turning this option on, your products will not be listed in international eCRATER marketplaces.
PlaidPenguin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not have that checked. Thanks for the help.

PrimroseCafe wrote:
Your UK store is still active with FREE shipping. www.plaidpenguin.ecrater.co.uk
Go to Options and check "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies".
By turning this option on, your products will not be listed in international eCRATER marketplaces.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to do the other things. Getting paid in other currencies is no big deal with PP or Stripe. They convert it for you and take a small charge for it depending on the size of the payment. I never noticed much more than a few cents. The hardest thing is keeping up with currency exchange amounts. But you chouldn''t run into any of that once you have everything turned off for international buyers.

At one point, 20% of my ecrater income came from selling to other countries. I finally quit this year with the price of postage going up again. Those sales had dropped dramatically. But this last change made it way to iffy to have the postage preset as a one-two ounces error could cost several dollars.
PlaidPenguin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes, I am kind of baffled by the UK store. When I log in to eCrater it tells me

"Start shipping to United Kingdom and get more sales. All products will be listed in eCRATER UK as well. (click here)
Start shipping to Australia and get more sales. All products will be listed in eCRATER AU as well. (click here)"

The only items showing in the UK store are old ones that I posted over a year ago. I've listed about 60 patterns over the last few weeks and none of them show in the UK store.

I am going through them this afternoon and deleting the old ones that are showing in the UK store and listing them again. When I do that they no longer show in the UK store.

I was selling about 20% of my pattern sales to international buyers (on another site) but like you, with the increase in postage don't feel it is worth the risk. I also recently had two patterns that buyers in Europe declined to pick up from the post office because they didn't want to pay the taxes that they would have to pay.

MoonwishesStore wrote:
You also have to do the other things. Getting paid in other currencies is no big deal with PP or Stripe. They convert it for you and take a small charge for it depending on the size of the payment. I never noticed much more than a few cents. The hardest thing is keeping up with currency exchange amounts. But you chouldn''t run into any of that once you have everything turned off for international buyers.

At one point, 20% of my ecrater income came from selling to other countries. I finally quit this year with the price of postage going up again. Those sales had dropped dramatically. But this last change made it way to iffy to have the postage preset as a one-two ounces error could cost several dollars.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote this some time ago and it seems it's time to re-post the information for both the original poster and others who may be reading this topic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When you open a store on eCRATER, your name is reserved on both the UK and the AU sites. As you create your US store, your logo, text pages, and categories are added to the UK and AU sites, but your categories will show (0) items. Since there is no way to search for a store on eCRATER, your UK and AU stores are probably not ever seen.

In your admin section under Account: Options there is a store option "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". The default is unchecked. If you ever add UK or AU to your shipping zones and leave that option unchecked, all your items will appear in your UK and/or AU stores in their currency. If you don't add the two countries to your shipping matrix and/or add an international method of shipping with the USPS calculated, your items will be active in the UK and AU sites in their currency with free shipping.

If you change your mind after adding the UK and/or AU to your shipping zones AND you leave the "do not auto convert prices in other currencies" unchecked, the items will continue to be listed in your UK and/or AU stores even if you remove both countries from your shipping zone. (Removing them from the shipping zone after the items have been added to the UK and/or AU WILL NOT close the UK or AU stores, it only prevents sales to those countries from your US store.

To check to see if you have items in the UK or AU marketplace, go to the home page of your store and change the extension in the address bar. The home page for your store is [url]http://YourStoreName.ecrater.com/[/url]
Your UK store is [url]http://YourStoreName.ecrater.co.uk[/url]
Your AU store is [url]http://YourStoreName.ecrater.com.au[/url]

You can quickly check to see if you have items on either site. If you do have items on either site AND you want to close either or both sites, FIRST put a check in the box "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". Next you will need to run the Global editor, choose "set UK price" and then choose "delete" as an operator. You will need to run the Global editor again, Use Global Editor, choose "set AU price" and then choose "delete" as an operator. NOTE: you must run the Global Editor twice if you want to delete items from both the UK and AU sites.

For more information review these two topics in the FAQS

FAQ >Selling in UK http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28803

FAQ > eCRATER Australia http://community.ecrater.co/viewtopic.php?t=28917

If you decide you want to sell to the UK or AU from your US store in US dollars, it is possible. After taking the steps listed above to remove items from the UK and AU stores, wait for the Global Editor action to process. Once all items have been removed from both stores, make sure there is still check in the box beside "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". Now you can add either or both countries to your Shipping Zone chart. You MUST add shipping for each country in your Shipping Matrix. If you are using USPS Calculated Shipping, you will also need to select the International shipping you wish to use.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you somewhere had a complete list of what to do, but I didn't know where it was and I haven't had much free time to look it up.
PlaidPenguin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDees, Thank You!

I will just add that after following your handy guide, it did take a few hours for the changes to take affect.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: