eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Introducing..myself & my store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Introducing..myself & my store Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I wanted to take the time to introduce myself & introduce my store.
My name is Starr Adelowokan. My store is a craft boutique & all the items in
my store are 100% handmade. Nothing is mass produced.
currently i am making beaded jewelry but in the future i will introduce
quilts, rag rugs, pillows, and more.. I welcome anyone wants to browse &
shop with us. I appreciate business from people who love and appreciate
my handiworks. Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit curious about why over the last couple years you have introduced yourself and your store? You have had a store since 2016 and as recently as June you introduced yourself and your store. All your introductions are almost identical to each other.

We are glad you are here, but there isn't any reason that I can see for you to keep popping up in this thread.
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Introducing..my store.. reply Reply with quote

Good Evening Moonwishes,
no i didnt have a store back in 2016. I am just coming together more now with my store just thought i'd put it put there is all. Adelowokan Boutique is strictly a craft boutique, nothing more. I hand make everything myself and i didnt start this boutique til the beginning of 2018 so i am not sure what your talking about but its not a big deal.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, a seller will only post in the Introduce Yourself forum once when they are starting their store. If they have put their store on hold for an extended time, they often will re-introduce themselves to the community. You may have re-styled your store, but you did have a store in 2016 with the same name.

Your first Introduce Yourself was posted in October 2016 here:
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=311969&highlight=#311969
Quote:
Posted: 03 Oct 2016 09:27 Post subject: Introduction
Hi Everyone, My name is Starr Adelowokan. I'm the owner of ADELOWOKAN'S BOUTIQUE.
At my boutique we are a Caribbean styled store. I sell little of everything from Scented Candles, Candleholders, Jewelry, Handbags, Bath & Body, Designer Fragrances plus much more..
Nothing in my store is any cheap knockoff or imitation.

Any one every has questions please don't hesitate to email me.
You were asking questions in the community through January 2017.

Then you introduced your store in February 2018 here:
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=317504&highlight=#317504
Quote:
Posted: 10 Feb 2018 15:48 Post subject: Introduction
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself.. I'm Starr Adelowokan with " Adelowokan's
Boutique" My store is a Artisan Handmade eStore. All the items i make are
100% handmade with genuine materials. Right now, i'm concentrating are
on my jewelry. In the future i'll be adding & uploading other things like
quilts baby size & full size, Rag rugs. Like anyone who does handmade things
its the material to do your creativity. Hope everyone enjoys there experience
on here.

Then you introduced your store in June 2018 here:
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=318792&highlight=#318792

Quote:
Posted: 07 Jun 2018 11:18 Post subject: Introducing..my store
Hello Eveeryone,
My name is Starr Adelowokan with Adelowokan's Boutique & i want to take a moment just to introduce myself.
My boutique has been with ecrater for a while now.
I love this platform very simple to use and low cost can't beat that. My boutique is a handmade store. i make artisan jewelry, rag rugs, quilts. altho i only have a few pieces of jewelry up at the moment.

Each time the community has tried to help you with your store. I see you've taken some of the advice and your store looks much better. I'm not complaining about the number of times you've introduced your store, but it would be nice if you would state that you are introducing your store once again so folks wouldn't think you were a new store.
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: reply about: introduce myself Reply with quote

Hello Moonwishes.. i see you can copy & paste someones insert claiming to be me.. unsure of those inserts. I agree its only necessary to introduce yourself one. Thank you, you have a good day.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: reply about: introduce myself Reply with quote

adelowokansboutique wrote:
Hello Moonwishes.. i see you can copy & paste someones insert claiming to be me.. unsure of those inserts. I agree its only necessary to introduce yourself one. Thank you, you have a good day.

We can only quote what a person has said. Those were statements said by you as only the seller can make a post under their name and we have posts going back 2 years for you. There is a big difference between copy/pasting a post and making the original post. You made all those original posts. Hard to believe that someone else with your store name would have had a store here and they claimed to be Starr Adelowokan and saying almost identical things as shown in the October 2016 post that you had made that was copied.

My first post here to you was basically to say that you don't have to keep introducing yourself, although you have done it multiple times. It isn't that big of a deal. But especially since 'opening' your store at the beginning of June 2018 and the other day (July 2018), what has changed in your store?
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: reply about: introduce myself Reply with quote

Moonwishes, I was looking over your copy & paste.
back in 2016 was before my craft boutique when i was running a different type of business that no longer exist. so please disreguard that.
After the fact yes i have introduced my self a couple times. I don't see why all this is a big deal. Its simple .. i am running a craft boutique now and nothing is my store is mass produced at all. Everything seen is for purchase and i hand
make everything myself. I welcome anyone to my store who loves and appreciates handmade things. Right now i'm making jewelry and currently working on more items. Thank you- have a great day Smile
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starr, Moonwishes didn't do the copy/paste, I did. I was annoyed by the fact that you had stated you didn't have a store here in 2016 when I knew you did. I had tried to help you with that store. I had also tried to help you earlier this year.

You are still not using your titles to your best advantage. You have 100 characters you can use in your titles and you really need to use that space to describe the item for sale. The eCRATER marketplace only does a title search, so you need those keywords to help show in the search. It is also very helpful with the large organic search engines (like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.). For example, your title "SAFARI WOOD BEAD NECKLACE" uses 25 characters. One suggestion might be "Safari Handmade Natural Brown Wood Bead Necklace with Green Elephant Pendant" which is 76 characters. This gives more keywords for buyers to find your item.

You also have to be careful with your choice of words to make sure they are acurate. Your "GLASS PEARL BEAD MIX NECKLACE" states the gold color cross pendant has clear gemstones. Does it actually contain gemstones or is it simply set with cut glass or cut crystal? There is a big difference in the three. If you don't know, it's much better to say cut glass or maybe lovely sparkling cut glass. You describe a pair of earrings as TURQUOISE TEARDROP HOOP EARRINGS. When I checked them I realized they WERE NOT turquoise, they were turquoise colored beads. You don't even say if the beads are glass or plastic. This would be a huge disappointment for someone shopping for turquoise jewelry.
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: reply about: introduce myself Reply with quote

i want to know why you'd even bother with being annoyed over a store over 3 years ago that doesn't even exist no longer.
what's up with the personal attack over my craft business.
As for my listing to imply i am faking anything in my products or its titles is obsurd. I do not lie or fake anything. to insinuate this over someone you don't even know is craziness.
I think this is craziness to act so rude like attacking anyone.
now, i answered you and i am not doing this rudeness.
have a nice evening.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you think I was being rude, that was not my intention. I was annoyed by the fact that you stated to Moonwishes, "Good Evening Moonwishes, no i didnt have a store back in 2016" when I knew you did have a store here in 2016. Moonwishes and I both spend time as volunteers helping other sellers on the forum and it doesn't take long to do a quick search on the forum. Personally, I don't care how long you've had an account on eCRATER or how many times you change directions for your store name.

As far as the advice I offered regarding your products, I was trying to help you get more attention for your listings and, hopefully, sales. More keywords will help the buyer find your items. As far as your use of the words turquoise and gemstones, I stand by my statements. Both of those words have defined meanings in the world of jewelry.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I'm not getting into the how many times you introduced yourself. I do have one observation. Your shipping seems very high for the price of your jewelry. I would choose first class mail, ship in a small padded envelope instead of priority flat rate envelopes. All your items would fall in the under 13 ounces category. It would save your buyers $3-4 dollars and make your items more appealing. First class includes tracking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: