eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haynesgroup1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone Reply with quote

Hello
i am new to eCrater. About 8 months or so. Have watchers and only one sale so far. I know it takes time.

Haynes Group Fine Art

Johnathan Haynes
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jonathan. Mind a few observations? It looks like you downloaded your listings from ebay. When that is done all the sentences are run together and it is hard to make any sense of them.

You also have everything in one category. It would help buyers to find what they might be looking for is you have a category for each author such as Monet (my personal favorite), You have jewelry pieces mixed in with the paintings. If it were under the maker's name, that would be one thing, but if you don't want to categorize by artists name, then make a jewelry category to help people find what they are looking for.

In case you weren't aware, Rene Magritte "Son of Man" painting was used extensively in the movie 'The Thomas Crown Affair' starring Pierce Brosnan. You might want to use those as key words. Use all 100 characters possible in the title.

Hope things go well with you here. It does take time. Are you promoting your store and the goods in it?
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. I agree with Moonwishes. You need to edit your listings and create categories. The run on sentences makes your store look like you can't read and write and don't care. You can't get away with that with art reproductions that are primarily purchased by more educated people.

If you have a lot of artists you may not want to have a category for each but you can have a category for each period such as Impressionism, Cubism, Abstract etc. But you definitely need to take jewelry out of the art mix.
thriftychicshop

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: WELCOME Reply with quote

Hello, I am thriftychicshop- selling used and new dresses.

Can you guys check out my shop to see if there something I am not doing right?

I haven't had a good sale since three years. I am always advertising and promoting my store on Facebook, twitter and even Instagram. I have one sale last month and I feel like I am competing with all the cheap Chinese dresses on eCrater.

Last edited by thriftychicshop on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Thrifty Chis, You may want to start your own thread. Posting under some else's questions means that answers are going to be confused between the first poster and the second. It also is referred to as hijacking a thread. The whole point is you will get more and better responses on your own thread.

The only thing I see that is wrong is your terms. For one thing, you say all sales are final, and then tell them things can be refunded for equal merchandise exchange and so on and you keep repeating yourself on the issue.

Other than that. I have never been able to sell a made-up garment online. I can sell the patterns to make them, but not finished ones. I see some of your garments and don't understand the wide differences in prices for them. Such as a vintage dress I think you had for $99 that didn't even have a designers name with it. To me, I ask myself why is this dress so expensive? Only because it is old (and I hate seeing things that were in style in my high school and college years being referred to as vintage! Confused )

I guess what I am saying is I don't know how to boost your sales since it is some part of selling online that I don't understand. Sorry.
thriftychicshop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks MoonwishesStore! Reply with quote

Thanks MoonwishesStore for the help! I have changed and removed the ALL FINAL SALES, but will accept a return for equal exchange.

Most of the items up for sale "vintage" are over twenty years old are considered vintage. I price them according to how much I paid for them.

Again, thanks for the feedback!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether I want to or not, I do understand why some things are called vintage, although I have seen so-called pattern sellers listing a pattern as vintage that is less than 10 years old! And some of them are still in print! I've also seen run of the mill patterns listed as collectible. Confused

What I meant is do you know any back history of the dresses that you sell, like from the labels inside, or were they from a stores designer, or whatever? As a potential buyer (not really, I just wish I was that skinny, but trying to think like a buyer) I would love to have an idea of the time frame of when the dress was made and worn, where it came from, who inspired it? That sort of thing. I know they way you find most of them, is thrifting and so that info may not be available, but with some reseach, you can make good guesses. Even looking through the patterns for sale with the dates they were published might give you a better idea of when the dress may have been made or checking when that particular fabric started to be produced for the trade and then to retail fabric stores. Granted, a lot of work, but I would think it is interesting. I didn't know just how much info I have crammed into my head until I started teaching hubby the job of listing and has was having trouble with titles and other bits and pieces that I barely even think about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: