eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Currency Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Currency Conversion Reply with quote

Have a question!

Do you as sellers under "Options" "Currency Conversion" have AUD and GBP checked or unchecked? This is somewhat confusing as I do not want my sales to these countries converted to their currency. I recently had an order to Great Britain and the Ecrater invoice was in British pounds. I had the GBP checked and perhaps I should not have.

Am I understanding that if I check these 2 countries that my items will be shown in those countries but if I do not check then my items will not be shown in those countries.

You input would be greatly appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with your US store, you will also get a UK and AUS store, unless you turn them off.

Up until January, I sold internationally, actually still do if they write and ask me and then I send them a PP invoice with the proper price and shipping amount, I now have those buttons unchecked so I think that is how you need to have them. This is the second post about UK purchases that I have seen today, so keep an eye out for more info. I think Sheila has a post about it, so hopefully, she will pop on in and give her three cents worth (her advice is worth more than 2 cents!)
heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Currency Conversion Reply with quote

Thank you moonwishestores for your reply. Frankly in all the years I have been with Ecrater, I have never received an invoice from Ecrater with a currency change invoice and I have sold quite a lot of merchandise internationally. I even had the 2 boxes checked all those years and the invoices were sent to me in American currency. I would go to PP and ok the sale as they would show the currency in GBP or AUD.

Since I got the last invoice from Ecrater in GBP currency I have unchecked the boxes. Guess I will see what happens.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know something funky was going on with PP express that ecrater sent us a note about. I wonder if that could have been your problem? Did you get an email from ecrater about it or see the post that they made here about how to fix it? If this was the first time this happened, I would check that first of all. I have always gotten paid in USD. I think you can go into PP and ask to be paid in USD. Remember that PP automatically does this and charges us a small fee whenever we get an international order. On one I sent to the UK the other day, I was charged ~40 cents more than normal even with the extra shipping included. Just didn't want you wondering about why they changed their fee assuming they do.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not such a penny watcher I guess. A sale is a sale. I have both UK and AU stores and sell pretty much anywhere. Occasionally I get a US sale on one of the other sites. I know I pay extra fees but if I get sticky about it I will have lost the sale. It takes seconds to convert PP sales to US currency or you can just leave it build up until the exchange rate gets better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: