eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

www.ukdt.org telling me my ecrater domain is "claimed&q

View previous topic :: View next topic  
onlinesunspecs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: www.ukdt.org telling me my ecrater domain is "claimed&q Reply with quote

Hi, I have been emailed by an organisation called www.ukdt.org telling me that my ecrater domain name has been "claimed" and unless I pay them they will transfer the ecrater domain name. I've put a copy of the email below.....

What should I do?

------------copy of email sent to me from www.ukdt.org-----------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received a request for the registration of the website www.onlinesunspecs.ecrater.info Our system shows that you are the owner of www.onlinesunspecs.ecrater.co.uk. This can have far-reaching consequences for you in the future. We are therefore under the statutory obligation to contact you, in order to offer you the first right of registration. This means that we will reject the application of the third party and the website:
www.onlinesunspecs.ecrater.info

After agreement we will link this website to: www.onlinesunspecs.ecrater.co.uk

This means that you will have the first option on the domain name, in order to avoid possible future problems.
We are usually under the obligation to register the domain name and to protect it for a period of 10 years. The annual price for the .INFO extension is £19.75 per year. This means a one-off payment of £197.50. When the link has been completed, all the Internet traffic that goes to the .INFO extension, will be automatically linked to your current extension and website. This process will take a maximum of 24 hours. This domain name will then have a worldwide reach. The third party will be rejected and can no longer use your domain name.
Important information:

- You will receive a one-off invoice of £197.50, exclusive of VAT, for a term of 10 years.

- This contract can be cancelled at all times after the first term of one year. The paid amount for the remaining number of years will be refunded to your account.

If you agree to our offer, please send an agreement by email within 48 hours after receipt of this email, stating your name, address and VAT number in a reply to this e-mail address.

The third party will subsequently be rejected by us, and we will then complete the link. You will receive a confirmation and all the information you need by email on the same day.

With kind regards,
Steven Wilson

steven@ukdt.org
www.ukdt.org
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, doing an URL with a .info extension isn't part of being registered with eCRATER at all as far as I know. eCRATER is the one that assigned you your store URL with the .UK extension if that is what it is. I have forgotten what UK URLs for eCRATER look like. Embarassed

Unless you pay eCRATER to use your own domain name instead of the eCRATER name as your URL, you can't use any other url. I am paying eCRATER to have my own domain name to use here. (I think it is $60/years) It costs me about $13/year through Hostway.http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

but otherwise, it is https://moonwishesstore.ecrater.com/

Not sure if this is any help, but you might want to contact the ecrater team and clarify things through them.
onlinesunspecs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: www.ukdt.org telling me my ecrater domain is "claimed&q Reply with quote

Hi thanks for your reply, how do I contact the ecrater team?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the main page https://www.ecrater.com/ at the bottom right side click on contact.
onlinesunspecs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: www.ukdt.org telling me my ecrater domain is "claimed&q Reply with quote

thanks for that, I've sent them a message........ Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: