eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Invalid GTIN value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
handmadeitemsgreatgift25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Invalid GTIN value Reply with quote

Hello I need your help to fix 174Invalid GTIN value I am selling hand made jewelry I don't have UPC code for jewelry can you please help what can I do to fix it and what I can add UPC and GTIN value please help here is screenshot what I need help with Attribute Name Attribute Value
brand

Icon bijoux

color

Gold.

Unisex

GTIN

False

size

Small
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your items are handmade you do not need to enter the brand or GTIN, You should enter the attribute name of identifier_exists and enter the attribute value of False. NOTE: the attribute name MUST be enter with all small letters, no capital letters AND there must be an underscore between the two words. Your attributes names of color, gender, and size are all 3 needed for your handmade jewelry and the attribute values you've listed seem fine.

This information is available in your store administration! Click on the question mark to the right of Attribute value on the page with the Google Attribute table. This information is also available under "Promote Your Store" from the left column in your store administration. I know the information can be confusing if you are new to the site and you can always ask questions in the forum, but you could have had the answer much sooner from your own store front.
handmadeitemsgreatgift25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Hello there thanks very much for your help Reply with quote

But my Google attribute error still there i don't know what to do next I am using GTIN value false because I don't have a UPC code it keep saying invalid GTIN value please help thanks again
handmadeitemsgreatgift25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Hello I tried everything but error still there Reply with quote

Hello can you please help me again with my Google attribute errors are still there even I try GTIN I don't know what to put in value side I tried gtin value can you please help thanks very much
handmadeitemsgreatgift25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Can you please send me a screenshot how I can exactly enter Reply with quote

Hello can you please send me a screenshot how I can enter identifier_exists with @ and value false please help me thank you very much
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attribute Name: identifier_exists
Attribute Value: false

I have applied the above to all my handmade products and months later under "Manage Google Attributes" I still get the red print message:
"Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan."

I totally ignore it...

My items still appear in Google searches so it simply is not worth the worry.

Of the countless selling venues I have listed on over the years, eCrater is the only selling venue where I have encountered such a disaster with Google Attributes.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@handmadeitemsgreatgift25 .. MrsDsHandKnits gave you the complete answer. If your items are handmade, you do not have a Global Trade Identification Number (GTIN) which would be the upc, ean, jan, or isbn assigned by the manufacture or publisher.

When you enter the attribute name on the left column of the Google Attribute table make sure you enter it exactly as shown by MrsDsHandKnits. It must be all lower case letters (no capital letters) and there MUST be an underscore between the two words. Then you enter the attribute value in the right column of the table. Capitalization doesn't matter in the right column.

The red print message about being missing required attributes is a reminder from eCRATER that appears every time you list an item in new or Like New condition and don't add brand and trade number. If you've entered the identifier_exists correctly, just ignore the message. If the message bothers you, contact eCRATER.

Of the countless selling venues I have listed on over the years, eCrater is the only selling venue where I have been given the freedom to add the required Attributes as requested by Google Shopping. Plus, the feed to Google Shopping is provided to eCRATER sellers for free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: