eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

About the Free Shipping Setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondpainting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: About the Free Shipping Setting Reply with quote

Hi Guys, i wanna use free shipping for my products, should i set/fill Weight Matrix table or Flat Shipping Zones?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rule 1: If you turn on USPS Calculated, then all other methods are overridden.

Rule 2: Other than USPS Calculated, each shipping method is determined by the setting on the product listing.

Rule 3: If you select shipping matrix or USPS Calculated, you are required to have a weight on the listing.

Rule 4: If you select USPS Calculated, it is highly recommended that you have a backup shipping method configured, as USPS Shipping ocassionally times out, and eCRATER uses your backup instead. If you do not configure a backup, then the order will proceed with free shipping (even if that is not what you wanted).
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use calculated shipping as my primary, select the free shipping to the US option and enter 0 as the weight. Of course, this means I had to quit selling internationally since there's no weight to calculate shipping for and I'm not about to mess with flat rates. I don't know why the free shipping option doesn't work with calculated shipping, but these are the settings Miss Sheila stated I would have to use in order to get it to work.

I'll see if I can find my post about that on the private sellers' board and copy what I find.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's the gist of our conversation about free shipping and should explain why I had to set things up the way I did so I could continue using calculated shipping, but also use free shipping on select items:

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
You must EITHER select the eCrater shipping (Free Shipping, Flat Rate, or Weight Matrix) OR USPS Calculated Shipping for the primary shipping for your store.

If you use USPS Calculated Shipping, it is the ONLY shipping method available for every item in your store. You do need to set up some form of eCRATER Shipping as a back-up for those times when the USPS website goes down or is super busy.

If you want to use the eCRATER shipping, you can choose to use any one of the 3 methods for each store item.

I believe the Free Shipping to the United States does include all 50 states. You would not be able to select Free Shipping to the territories. The way the eCRATER shipping system works means a customer from one of the territories must select International and the seller must have the territory selected in their International shipping.

Hope this helps. If it isn't clear, I'll check back in this evening if you need additional info.

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
purpleiris wrote:
That's good to know about the territories. Thanks, Sheila! Smile Just to be clear, though, while providing free shipping to the US, calculated shipping will still apply for international orders, correct? I use calculated, have all of my zones and shipping methods selected, and use the matrix as the backup for all zones.

Incorrect, if you use USPS Calculated Shipping, you can not select Free Shipping. The choice for Free Shipping is part of the eCRATER Shipping system. When you select USPS Calculated Shipping, it over-rides all eCRATER shipping methods (Free Shipping, Flat Rate, and/or Weight Matrix). If you take a look at Account > Options, the selection for calculated shipping says "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". I added the bold for emphasis, but there are two shipping systems and sellers must choose one or the other.

The only option that I know would be if you removed all US shipping options from your USPS Calculated Shipping and only used USPS Calculated Shipping for International orders. The system would see no US options so it would revert to your eCRATER Shipping back-up. In that case you could offer Free Shipping, Flat Rate, and/or Weight Matrix for your US orders.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Guys, i wanna use free shipping for my products, should i set/fill Weight Matrix table or Flat Shipping Zones?

Looks like you are new, welcome. Questions, ask them, we are happy to help. For the most part, I use the Matrix for shipping with very few items that have free shipping, and hopefully, at this point, they are all sold.

One of the things to remember when using free shipping on a place like Amazon is if the person wants to return something for buyer's remorse, you can't charge them anything for shipping either way since shipping was 'free'. Of course on eCRATER, you can set your own return rules, but if someone is returning something here for buyer's remorse, then you could have a fight on your hands about not refunding the actual shipping since no shipping is truly 'free'. Just something to think about.

For the most part, when Sheila states anything, I usually take what she says as truth. She seems to understand computers and computer program and their functioning better than many of us Very Happy
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondpainting wrote:
If you are going to use free shipping for every item you ever plan to list in the store and you plan to sell in the USA only, you do not have to set/fill the Weight Matrix or set any Flat Shipping Zones.

You may find the USPS Calculated Shipping is on by default. If so, in your admin scroll down to Account > Options, then scroll down and make sure there is NOT a check box by "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". If the box is checked and you remove the check, be sure to scroll down and click the Update button.

One thing I want to add to the info the others have given is the order in which the checkout looks for shipping. Checkout will look for USPS calculated shipping. If it isn't selected (or if there was no shipping method selected for the location) Then the system will look for
1. free shipping
2. flat rate shipping entered on the item page
3. Weight matrix based on the weight shown on the item page.

The system will always follow this order.

Welcome to eCRATER. If you have questions as you create your store and you can't find the answer, we're happy to help.

Thanks for the kind words friends and fellow sellers.
diamondpainting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: About the Free Shipping Setting Reply with quote

Hi Sheila,

Thank you for your detail information. USPS calculator that is only available for US merchants, i'm not US Merchant, so there is no "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead" option for me, and only 4 option(Shipping Zones,Flat Shipping Zones, Weight Matrix, Sale Tax) on Shipping & Tax Setion, do this mean i still don't need to set/fill the Weight Matrix or set any Flat Shipping Zones if i wanna use free shipping for my products. My products only available in US market, i don't do international sale.

Thanks
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't plan on charging anything for shipping on any of your products, then there's no need to set up shipping at all. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: