eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Some one ordered 2 but I only have 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Some one ordered 2 but I only have 1 Reply with quote

Some one separately ordered two of the exact same CD even though the quantity available was listed as only one.
How could that happen?
What an awkward situation to explain to the customer.

-----------------------------------
Jeffery's Junction - Vintage Collectibles & LP Records
www.jefferysjunction.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been explained many times in the community. It is a byproduct of the fact that the buyer
(1) did not think the order took, so they back-page on their browser and submitted the order twice.
(2) that at this time of year, various payment sites are under heavy load, and may be responding slower than normal. Without the payment site telling eCRAATER that the payment succeded, the item remained in inventory during the interregnum.
(3) eCRATER provides a small window, before the shopping cart has expired, and cleared.

I won't call it normal behavior, but there are substantial reasons why it happens.

Refund the second payment, apologize for what happened, then move along to the next customer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that customers are very happy when you bring 'oops' to their attention and refund their money prior to them noticing the problem. Many I would think, would see that as they are dealing with an honest seller. Of course, it helps to tell them why and that you really only one item. I've gone through this a lot.

Over the years, more and more people no longer expect honesty from customers or sellers. I 'bought' something a little over a month ago. Actually bought 5 items, crafts kits at the GW. Somehow the most expensive item got missed being charged ($5.99) and I only noticed it at home. Do you know how hard it can be to make things like this right? Especially since I sold it for $125 before expenses last week! Finally yesterday I just gave them a donation that was a bit over the cost of what I owed them. I do not need to cheat charity shops to make a living. But the point being, the cashier was shocked and the first one that I had talked to a few weeks ago was baffled and had a hard time understanding why I was even telling them! This is not the days of Abe Lincoln anymore, that is for sure. But when you can be upfront and honest with customers they may be shocked as that just isn't the norm anymore. And it may help bring them back to shop with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: