eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Payment Failed {:-<}
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Payment Failed {:-<} Reply with quote

Good Morning,
I rec'd 10 Orders for a lightweight item in my Store on 12/06.
I am guessing the 'flurry' was a Pinterest or other feature.
The total each Order was $7.48
The items were light weight. Each shipped at $2.66
One Order was an eCheck.
Although it had not cleared, I eMailed Customer:
That I would trust his payment was good & ship 12/06.
This morning, I rec'd notice by PayPal his payment had 'failed'.
It also says this on eCrater.
His Order had D/C and it was Delivered 12/10.
I eMailed him and asked he re-pay or REFUSE my pkg.
I sent him Delivery & Order info.
Invoiced again thru PayPal.
I know I can delete Order in eCrater.
Should I notify eCrater this is a 'bad buyer' if he doesn't pay ?
{ And, yes, I won't be sending any more 'pending payment' orders }.
Thx !
AA Sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you've done all you can do (including a note to self to not ship pending Payment orders).

You will not be charged by eCRATER because it isn't a paid order.
Buyer's don't register on eCRATER so there is no need to notify eCrater of a 'bad buyer'.

Personally, I would NOT delete the order so you have a paper trail in case you need it in the future.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, ShielaDeesPostcards.
Hopefully, 'buyer' will heed his conscience.
Happy Holidays to you !
Smile
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had uploaded Tracking to all these Orders.
Will the unpaid one still be charged the MarketPlace fee ?
There is no PD check mark by it & order says Payment Failed.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had uploaded Tracking to all these Orders.
Will the unpaid one still be charged the MarketPlace fee ?
There is no PD check mark by it & order says Payment Failed.

No, as Sheila said, eCrater won't charge the MP fee if an ordered isn't paid for. I also agree, do not delete the order. Don't delete any order. I still have all my orders for the past ten years. There is no need to delete them.

While many times people want to have a bad buyer list here, there isn't one. Especially if they pay their money eventually. This is the time of year that people overcharge and write rubber checks because they didn't know that someone else on the account was spending money. One of the reasons that hubby isn't allowed to have a copy of our debit card!
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MoonWishesStore

This 'buyer' got a thank you msg 12/06.
A shipped tracking number 12/06.
And a parcel w/ a note inside that Payment was 'pending' on 12/10.
I doubt 'holiday confusion' is an excuse.
If he's honest, he'll return or pay me.
If he's dishonest... well... it will bring him no luck.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the value of the failed payment?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the good thing here is that at ecrater, you get to have their real address to write to them with. Not like at Amazon where you never, know a buyers email and you never know if your email went through. I got a 1 star on Amazon last sprint with the customer saying I wasn't interested in customer service as I had never replied to her etc. when in reality I had sent her 3 emails but she hadn't gotten any of them since she had apparently turned off notifications from sellers! She claimed the pattern wasn't as described and I went over the listing several times with a fine tooth comb and couldn't find anything wrong with it! GRRR

I do understand what you did, but at this point in the year, things can get missed in family finances and some buyers will take advantage of what they can. If nothing else at least you learned a very valuable lesson fairly cheaply.

I hope they get around to paying you. Although it may take them a few days if they have to wait until payday, since most Americans are on paycheck away from being broke. Shocked
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG...
One of that batch of Orders, pd, shipped 12/06, w/ tracking, still in transit, confirmed OK to ship by PayPal... her bank notified PayPal 'unauthorized transaction'...
Send THIS buyer an eMail & called her iPhone & left a message.
This is awful.
Also, can't add funds to cover the (-) $7.06.
3 'failed' messages to cover it from my Bank.
I guess I need to wait for another sale to cover it.
I replied w/ screen shots on the eCrater Order, PayPal, Tracking, etc.
Waste of time, stress, for so little profit.
A happy time has turned dark.
Wondering if I should end the remaining quantity on that listing ?
Two bad orders out of 14.

Crying or Very sad
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What is the listing that is attracting the problems ?

2. You can (or should be able to) change settings on your PayPal account to disable eChecks, and generally tighten up acceptance of risky payments. PayPal leaves those by default to accept the widest variety of payments.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
1. What is the listing that is attracting the problems ?

2. You can (or should be able to) change settings on your PayPal account to disable eChecks, and generally tighten up acceptance of risky payments. PayPal leaves those by default to accept the widest variety of payments.

Hi, @Cosmicray

The listing is below...
I had 5 available, but, reduced it to one, just now.
Want to let this all settle until I put correct quantity.
It had 103 views, so, I expect it got 'pinned'
or put on somebody's Facebook list.
I do Tweet, FB, Pinterest, so, it is not surprising so many sold.
I also recently upped MarketPlace to 5.9% fee.
On a multi-quantity listing, that is a 'cash machine' for Google.
So far, the other buyers have not been an issue.
The eCheck guy, I should not have shipped.
It was just I was doing 9 others & usually folks are honest.
The 'Unauthorized' one, it is still 'in transit'.
I always upload Tracking to eCrater.
I paid for the FCM w/ DC right from the payment on each Order.
PayPal can see I did my part.
It had a 'OK to Ship' note on that payment.
Listing:
https://antiquesattic.ecrater.com/p/32075009/hardware-chippendale-knob-back-plates
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH... another 'Contest'...
I think it's people not paying attention to Order eMails !]
What a nightmare !
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it is has anything to do with the item itself, but wow to get so many orders for that particular item on the same day!

Your buyer may have seen the charge on her statement already through the power of the internet and maybe did not recognize your business name on the statement so thought it was unauthorized unless the cat, monkey, or two-year-old ordered it for themselves.

Make sure in your communications with them to find out what merchant name is listed with the charge. Also, confirm with her that she didn't want the order. Funny things happen. I've had buyers want to cancel almost immediately after buying, costing me 30 cents from PP each time. Or the lady that bought a pattern and then 'suddenly' isn't going to have time to sew due to circumstances that she had already told me about when she ordered initially! Or the lady insisting I had sent her the wrong pattern and she had no use for it! I had never had it in stock and turns out she had bought it that morning at JoAnn Fabrics! Not sure why she bought it, but at least she settled down once she realized it was her fault, not mine.

Am I the only sewer that buys a pattern and then takes years before I get around to making it if ever? I don't understand buyers that unless they have it by Friday to make on the weekend will never use it. I once had a buyer send me a box full of Vogue designer patterns, all current and new within about the last year. Even with all the patterns down here, I have a drawer crammed full of patterns in my sewing room. Many not yet made. Embarassed
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I doubt it is has anything to do with the item itself, but wow to get so many orders for that particular item on the same day!

Your buyer may have seen the charge on her statement already through the power of the internet and maybe did not recognize your business name on the statement so thought it was unauthorized unless the cat, monkey, or two-year-old ordered it for themselves.

Make sure in your communications with them to find out what merchant name is listed with the charge. Also, confirm with her that she didn't want the order. Funny things happen. I've had buyers want to cancel almost immediately after buying, costing me 30 cents from PP each time. Or the lady that bought a pattern and then 'suddenly' isn't going to have time to sew due to circumstances that she had already told me about when she ordered initially! Or the lady insisting I had sent her the wrong pattern and she had no use for it! I had never had it in stock and turns out she had bought it that morning at JoAnn Fabrics! Not sure why she bought it, but at least she settled down once she realized it was her fault, not mine.

Am I the only sewer that buys a pattern and then takes years before I get around to making it if ever? I don't understand buyers that unless they have it by Friday to make on the weekend will never use it. I once had a buyer send me a box full of Vogue designer patterns, all current and new within about the last year. Even with all the patterns down here, I have a drawer crammed full of patterns in my sewing room. Many not yet made. Embarassed

Well... As Tracking was uploaded immediately, thru PayPal & eCrater, and, eCrater & PayPal sent Order confirms, I find it hard to believe people would not know they Ordered something. That is 6-8 messages, Plus, the parcels have invoices in them. What disgusts me is people doing this Chargeback thing, then, ignoring eMails when you ask them to address the problem they caused.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you send your own email after the sale? When you add the tracking on the order page in your eCRATER admin, an email is sent to the customer, but I think the Return address is shown as noreply@ecrater.com which some email programs add to the junk email folder. I always send my own email to thank them for buying from Sheila Dee's Treasure Finds on eCRATER (or whichever of my stores they made their purchase). This email contains an email address directly back to me in case of any problem and gives them the tracking number. I make sure the subject link says Your order for (abbreviated title) has shipped. I also add the tracking number on PayPal (which also generates an auto email).

When someone looks at their credit card / bank statement / PayPal account on line, they may not remember placing an order with the "company" as it appears on their statement. The first thing some people do is file a chargeback with their bank. Now the bank will reverse the charge, customer gets the money back, and the bank contacts the card processor (PayPal, Stripe, etc.) and the merchant has to provide information about the transaction. If it was a chargeback, even if the customer remembers it was valid, the banks seem to just let the process continue which I've heard can take weeks. Some customers do this because the really don't recognize the name on the charge, but sadly, some do it as a way to "float their funds" during the holidays.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: