eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Payment Failed {:-<}
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems you replied while I was typing.

AntiquesAttic wrote:
What disgusts me is people doing this Chargeback thing, then, ignoring eMails when you ask them to address the problem they caused.
Contacting the customer is good in some cases because IF the customer responds you can add that information to the information you provide to PayPal / Stripe / Curtomer's bank. If it's a small hometown bank and the customer tells them oops, it was a valid charge, SOMETIMES they will drop the chargeback and recharge the customer. HOWEVER, most of the time the customer can't fix the problem, it has to be fixed by the bank making a "ruling" based on the information submitted by the merchant.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Do you send your own email after the sale? When you add the tracking on the order page in your eCRATER admin, an email is sent to the customer, but I think the Return address is shown as noreply@ecrater.com which some email programs add to the junk email folder. I always send my own email to thank them for buying from Sheila Dee's Treasure Finds on eCRATER (or whichever of my stores they made their purchase). This email contains an email address directly back to me in case of any problem and gives them the tracking number. I make sure the subject link says Your order for (abbreviated title) has shipped. I also add the tracking number on PayPal (which also generates an auto email).

When someone looks at their credit card / bank statement / PayPal account on line, they may not remember placing an order with the "company" as it appears on their statement. The first thing some people do is file a chargeback with their bank. Now the bank will reverse the charge, customer gets the money back, and the bank contacts the card processor (PayPal, Stripe, etc.) and the merchant has to provide information about the transaction. If it was a chargeback, even if the customer remembers it was valid, the banks seem to just let the process continue which I've heard can take weeks. Some customers do this because the really don't recognize the name on the charge, but sadly, some do it as a way to "float their funds" during the holidays.

Funny...
I normally send a thank you message w/ photo of item, etc.
But, that day I got swamped w/ 10 of them.
I was told by other sellers what I was doing was a 'waste of time'.
Surely, they got a message from eCrater w/ details of the Order.
Plus, I shipped from each PayPal payment.
Clicking on that, brings up Order details.
I'm sure they get PayPal eMails.
Do they let those get sent to 'spam' too ?
It's about time people stop tapping buttons.
Spend a few minutes using their brains.
When they get my eMails, w/ Order & pics, saying:
Why did you contest this payment ?
Why are they ignoring that, too ?
Sorry... there is simply no excuse.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems you replied while I was typing.

AntiquesAttic wrote:
What disgusts me is people doing this Chargeback thing, then, ignoring eMails when you ask them to address the problem they caused.
Contacting the customer is good in some cases because IF the customer responds you can add that information to the information you provide to PayPal / Stripe / Curtomer's bank. If it's a small hometown bank and the customer tells them oops, it was a valid charge, SOMETIMES they will drop the chargeback and recharge the customer. HOWEVER, most of the time the customer can't fix the problem, it has to be fixed by the bank making a "ruling" based on the information submitted by the merchant.

I'm thinking I will close my eCrater Store.
So far, I had to fund 2 -contesteds' (neg. balance) w/ funds from other sites.
Sad
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiquesAttic wrote:
Sad
That seem a bit drastic, it can happen on any site. Since they paid with PayPal, I think have some protection from PayPal while it gets resolved.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't give up so quickly.

I know I want to ship my items out right away, but within 1-2 days is okay and you can verify the payment received.

* I had one order that failed twice. I stared at it and thought that I am not sending it out. I checked my Paypal account and there was NO payment received.
* The 3rd try went through according to ecrater, but I still verified it on Paypal and there was the payment.

I think that you reacted quickly to get the order out instead of looking at what happened.

When I received notice from eCrater on a order/purchase, and everything is paid and I have it labeled for shipping, I click on the email address of the buyer and send them notice of shipping and tracking. In the "RE:" section I will put Purchase from eCrater / Chakracord pendulum.
I figure that they will notice that they did make the purchase without trashing the email.

Hang in there.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiquesAttic wrote:
Sad
That seem a bit drastic, it can happen on any site. Since they paid with PayPal, I think have some protection from PayPal while it gets resolved.

Yes, but I am shellshocked, and afraid it has to do w/ eCrater and maybe a hack breach on the site ? Never had so many issues before.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chakracord wrote:
I wouldn't give up so quickly.

I know I want to ship my items out right away, but within 1-2 days is okay and you can verify the payment received.

* I had one order that failed twice. I stared at it and thought that I am not sending it out. I checked my Paypal account and there was NO payment received.
* The 3rd try went through according to ecrater, but I still verified it on Paypal and there was the payment.

I think that you reacted quickly to get the order out instead of looking at what happened.

When I received notice from eCrater on a order/purchase, and everything is paid and I have it labeled for shipping, I click on the email address of the buyer and send them notice of shipping and tracking. In the "RE:" section I will put Purchase from eCrater / Chakracord pendulum.
I figure that they will notice that they did make the purchase without trashing the email.

Hang in there.

O.K.
The 'failed' payment, the parcel was 'returned to sender' today.
The resident wrote: "moved 7 years ago".
I have that item back, but, lost out on $2.66 postage.
I had reduced my quantity to ne on that item after all this.
Sure enough, an Order for -one- w/ an eCheck.
You can be sure I am waiting this one out.
IF it clears, I will send a 'confirm' first, then ship.
Other two 'Unauthorized', PayPal has info.
I covered the neg. balance w/ a deposit.
Hoping PayPal returns my funds.
Thanks for 'being there for me.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, quitting eCRATER is rather drastic as the site had nothing to do with the problem. The echeck, was yours since you didn't wait for it to clear. The other I suspect it was as I said before, as over the years many chargebacks that I have heard about, they don't recognize the seller's store name. Not saying your name is funny, but there are some store names on all sites that are really weird and if at least here on eCRATER you don't have your store name features prominently, in big enough fonts for someone to see, a buyer may never notice it and are expecting perhaps the charge to come through as 'ecrater'.

I always send customers a shipping notice. I never package up an order until I have confirmed at PP/Stripe that the payment has gone through. This has been a habit I started from day one when selling online. I tell them the tracking number which they also get an email from ecrater telling them that the item shipped. On my shipping notification in the subject line, I tell them "Your Pattern is in the mail". I don't put things like order number, but I say Pattern, cross stitch kit, game, puzzle, etc. whatever it is so it stands out. Because some subject lines get truncated I make sure that whatever the order is, it is right near the front of the subject line. I do that so if they were really shopping that day, my notification will stand out as a pattern that they bought. If they just bought the toy of the year, you don't want to put something to the effect of the order number, blah blah blah "toy of the year" as they have already thrown the email perhaps into the junk mail folder. Try and make things as easy for them as possible.

I wasn't under the impression that chargebacks could go through the system so quickly. I am sorry that this happened. Rather than think about 2 orders that didn't go well, think about the 8 that did! You have had more ecrater orders this month than I have had, and more I suspect that a lot of sellers here. Good for you.

But never ever ship without being sure the payment went through. One of our expenses that need to be declared on our Schedule C is fees and the only way to know what PP and Stripe charged you is to go look at the order payment. That way I can list that on my income spreadsheet to see what my net profit is on the sale. Some sellers over the years have set up their own calculations so they don't have to go look at it, but I have found that not every PP payment has the same fee depending on the cost. If it came from a UK buyer to ship to someone in TX but paid with UK funds, more is tacked onto the fee. I know that the online business that is shipping thousands of orders a day, have some system for dealing with this sort of thing, but as a one-woman band, I have to keep up as much as possible.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Moonwishes
Thank you for friend slapping me.
You are right. I do all those things w/ the Thank You eMail.
This go around, I had orders from many sites.
I have Hashimotos, don't get enough sleep.
I -assumed- the regular PayPal/eCrater eMail notices would suffice.
The 10 Thank you eMails, w/ photo of item, etc...
I was tired, overwhelmed, trying to 'make' the P.O.
I'm a widow and, like you, it's tough.
I will get better 'hold' of myself.
As another said... I do not need to ship immediately.
'Tomorrow' can suffice.
XXX from AA
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I comprehend. Sometimes my afternoon naps I get more sleep than when I go to bed. Before bed last night I was reading through a quilting magazine. I would drift off and think I was still reading about quilting and then suddenly wake up and find that I was on a page that was just advertisements! The dream was more interesting!
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I comprehend. Sometimes my afternoon naps I get more sleep than when I go to bed. Before bed last night I was reading through a quilting magazine. I would drift off and think I was still reading about quilting and then suddenly wake up and find that I was on a page that was just advertisements! The dream was more interesting!

Ugh... I expect a nap would do me good !
I get up between 7 and 8 and don't get to bed till 12 or 1.
I work 7 days.
Online & a B&M store.
Widow... no family... no income.
Tough economy... high cost State (NY)
It's tough...
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh !
Just got another RTS... Return To Sender... Vacant Address...
Parcel in my mailbox...
It was a 'Confirmed' Order in PayPal.
NEVER had so many problems before.
4 out of 10
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I've never heard of such a run. I do have questions.
You said "It was a 'Confirmed' order in PayPal". I assume you mean the address listed on PayPal was confirmed and you shipped to the PayPal address. Did the customer give a different address on the order?

Did the PayPal order state "Seller Protection - Eligible" on the orders that were 'Unauthorized'?

Do you use Google Analytics so you can see the source of the 10 orders? It seems really weird to me that you would get 10 different orders for the item. Was it possible that some of the orders were duplicates or were they to 10 different address? So strange, please keep us posted as to the outcome.

Personally, I would NOT do a refund on the recent RTS. If the customer contacts you regarding the package, I'd consider reshipping if they wanted to pay a second shipping payment. As you know, you can send them an invoice through PayPal. If they never contact you, the revenue will help with the lost postage on one of the other shipments.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I've never heard of such a run. I do have questions.
You said "It was a 'Confirmed' order in PayPal". I assume you mean the address listed on PayPal was confirmed and you shipped to the PayPal address. Did the customer give a different address on the order?

Did the PayPal order state "Seller Protection - Eligible" on the orders that were 'Unauthorized'?

Do you use Google Analytics so you can see the source of the 10 orders? It seems really weird to me that you would get 10 different orders for the item. Was it possible that some of the orders were duplicates or were they to 10 different address? So strange, please keep us posted as to the outcome.

Personally, I would NOT do a refund on the recent RTS. If the customer contacts you regarding the package, I'd consider reshipping if they wanted to pay a second shipping payment. As you know, you can send them an invoice through PayPal. If they never contact you, the revenue will help with the lost postage on one of the other shipments.

Hi, Sheila...

You said "It was a 'Confirmed' order in PayPal". I assume you mean the address listed on PayPal was confirmed and you shipped to the PayPal address. - YES -

Did the customer give a different address on the order? - NO -
{ I think he left out APT #, as that is written on the label by USPS w/ a ? }

Did the PayPal order state "Seller Protection - Eligible" on the orders that were 'Unauthorized'? - YES -

Do you use Google Analytics so you can see the source of the 10 orders?
It seems really weird to me that you would get 10 different orders for the item.
- NO - did not do 'Analytics, BUT, item had HUGE (over 100) views, as opposed to other items (10-30) that I promoted.

Was it possible that some of the orders were duplicates or were they to 10 different address?
- ONE - BUYER ordered AGAIN on a second run of 4 orders, BUT, is only 'contesting ONE payment - ALL OTYHERS are UNIQUE BUYERS w/ DIFFERENT addresses that MATCH on eCrater / PayPal...

So strange, please keep us posted as to the outcome. - WILL DO -

cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiquesAttic wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:
I doubt it is has anything to do with the item itself, but wow to get so many orders for that particular item on the same day!

Your buyer may have seen the charge on her statement already through the power of the internet and maybe did not recognize your business name on the statement so thought it was unauthorized unless the cat, monkey, or two-year-old ordered it for themselves.

Make sure in your communications with them to find out what merchant name is listed with the charge. Also, confirm with her that she didn't want the order. Funny things happen. I've had buyers want to cancel almost immediately after buying, costing me 30 cents from PP each time. Or the lady that bought a pattern and then 'suddenly' isn't going to have time to sew due to circumstances that she had already told me about when she ordered initially! Or the lady insisting I had sent her the wrong pattern and she had no use for it! I had never had it in stock and turns out she had bought it that morning at JoAnn Fabrics! Not sure why she bought it, but at least she settled down once she realized it was her fault, not mine.

Am I the only sewer that buys a pattern and then takes years before I get around to making it if ever? I don't understand buyers that unless they have it by Friday to make on the weekend will never use it. I once had a buyer send me a box full of Vogue designer patterns, all current and new within about the last year. Even with all the patterns down here, I have a drawer crammed full of patterns in my sewing room. Many not yet made. Embarassed

Well... As Tracking was uploaded immediately, thru PayPal & eCrater, and, eCrater & PayPal sent Order confirms, I find it hard to believe people would not know they Ordered something. That is 6-8 messages, Plus, the parcels have invoices in them. What disgusts me is people doing this Chargeback thing, then, ignoring eMails when you ask them to address the problem they caused.

The unauthorized use could be someone using your listing to test stolen CC numbers. That's a sketchy explanation, bit it is possible.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: