eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No sales Google only pushing Ebay as of November

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
william101william

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: No sales Google only pushing Ebay as of November Reply with quote

Ok so I was getting some good sales and my items were showing up on the 1st or 2nd-3rd pages of google but not any moor Google is only pushing ebay items my looks are way down my last sale was Oct. 30th Twisted Evil
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might help if you beefed up your descriptions a bit. I picked one license plate listing at random, and the entire description was five words. Also, your listings are still displaying with the original classic eCRATER style. May want to consider upgrading to a more mobile friendly style.
william101william

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
It might help if you beefed up your descriptions a bit. I picked one license plate listing at random, and the entire description was five words. Also, your listings are still displaying with the original classic eCRATER style. May want to consider upgrading to a more mobile friendly style.
what and how would i get the moor friendly mobile style
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree about better descriptions because I looked at one, and was trying to figure out why a 5-year-old license plate is being described as vintage?

Quote:
Vintage has several different accepted meanings, and that can cause confusion. ... Accordingly, most experts in the trade have decided that the term "vintage," when used in a way similar to the term "antique," refers to items that are over 50 years old, but less than 100.

Quote:
An item should be at least 100 years old to be defined as an antique. Generally speaking if the item is no older than an antique but not less than 20 years, it falls under the term vintage.

Found these definitions on Google from different dictionaries, etc. In any case, 20-50 years might be vintage, but not something only 5 years old.

Looks like you have been selling here for a while, but I too would stress needing to get more words in those descriptions. I saw an "Air Force Academy Pennant" that has barely anything said at all. No color, nothing about what it says or when it was made. Google and the rest of the SEO like to see something that they can latch onto. You are allowed 100 characters in your title and you are barely using that. What sort of advertising do you do? Have you signed up for a higher fee with eCRATER than the basic 2.9%? That might help your things to show up on Google. It can take some work to get your items out in front of people.
william101william

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I totally agree about better descriptions because I looked at one, and was trying to figure out why a 5-year-old license plate is being described as vintage?

Quote:
Vintage has several different accepted meanings, and that can cause confusion. ... Accordingly, most experts in the trade have decided that the term "vintage," when used in a way similar to the term "antique," refers to items that are over 50 years old, but less than 100.

Quote:
An item should be at least 100 years old to be defined as an antique. Generally speaking if the item is no older than an antique but not less than 20 years, it falls under the term vintage.

Found these definitions on Google from different dictionaries, etc. In any case, 20-50 years might be vintage, but not something only 5 years old.

Looks like you have been selling here for a while, but I too would stress needing to get more words in those descriptions. I saw an "Air Force Academy Pennant" that has barely anything said at all. No color, nothing about what it says or when it was made. Google and the rest of the SEO like to see something that they can latch onto. You are allowed 100 characters in your title and you are barely using that. What sort of advertising do you do? Have you signed up for a higher fee with eCRATER than the basic 2.9%? That might help your things to show up on Google. It can take some work to get your items out in front of people.
All that being said before i could look up IMSA sticker one of my items and find it on the 2nd page of google shopping after ebay and bonanza now its nowhere something changed with ecrater or google
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing has changed with eCRATER as far as I know. Google loves to switch things up though. One thing it would be important to know is if you are saying that your items don't show on Google organic or Google shopping? If you aren't paying fees to eCRATER than I don't think they send in your feed to Google. If you pay fees and supposedly the higher you pay the better your placement should be on Google Shopping. Google organic you probably have links back to everything in your store....eventually, but I doubt most folks are going to go through more than 3-4 pages of search results to find things. You also have to have your google attributes correct as well.

I did do a search with the exact words of one of your titles "2016 California License Plate". I couldn't find it but did find gobs of other ones. I think this is where you have to use more keywords that people would use to search with. I saw some that were defined by their statements on the plates. I can't tell you what you need to use, but you need to evaluate your promotional efforts, your titles, and keywords as well as your descriptions, your attributes, and fees that you are willing to pay to ecrater. There are many reasons that your items aren't showing on Google shopping, but hopefully, I have given you some ideas of things to check and work on.
william101william

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Nothing has changed with eCRATER as far as I know. Google loves to switch things up though. One thing it would be important to know is if you are saying that your items don't show on Google organic or Google shopping? If you aren't paying fees to eCRATER than I don't think they send in your feed to Google. If you pay fees and supposedly the higher you pay the better your placement should be on Google Shopping. Google organic you probably have links back to everything in your store....eventually, but I doubt most folks are going to go through more than 3-4 pages of search results to find things. You also have to have your google attributes correct as well.

I did do a search with the exact words of one of your titles "2016 California License Plate". I couldn't find it but did find gobs of other ones. I think this is where you have to use more keywords that people would use to search with. I saw some that were defined by their statements on the plates. I can't tell you what you need to use, but you need to evaluate your promotional efforts, your titles, and keywords as well as your descriptions, your attributes, and fees that you are willing to pay to ecrater. There are many reasons that your items aren't showing on Google shopping, but hopefully, I have given you some ideas of things to check and work on.
Yes i pay the ecrater/google fees everytime they come up at once ! something has changed fewer looks on my items last 2 months and no sales you can say this or that key words but im telling you if you i sell the same items on ebay and bonanza those listing show up on google NOT my ecrater listings it seems that everyone says just pay moor i pay 5% fees on ecrater now
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked one of my listings from this week and it is showing on Google shopping in a group of 4 stores one of which is from Primrose's eCRATER store as well. And another that I listed a few days ago as well that had no UPC code and it is right at the top of the page on google organic as well as google shopping.

So as far as I can tell it isn't any trouble with eCRATER and could be something else, such as many of the items that I have mentioned in previous posts. Otherwise, I'm sorry but I can't help. My idea bank has drained dry.
william101william

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I just checked one of my listings from this week and it is showing on Google shopping in a group of 4 stores one of which is from Primrose's eCRATER store as well. And another that I listed a few days ago as well that had no UPC code and it is right at the top of the page on google organic as well as google shopping.

So as far as I can tell it isn't any trouble with eCRATER and could be something else, such as many of the items that I have mentioned in previous posts. Otherwise, I'm sorry but I can't help. My idea bank has drained dry.
AHH Well its no Amazon or ebay
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well its no Amazon or ebay

Nor is Amazon or eBay eCRATER. I prefer eCRATER 100% more other than the orders come in slower. When I first came to eCRATER sales were spectacular but Google did some changes and we fell off the cliff. I am still making money here though.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@william101william, do you have correct Google Attributes for your items? I did a number of checks on Google Shopping for your items and it appears GS knows about your items, but isn't showing them. That usually indicates eCRATER is submitting your items on the feed, but GS isn't showing them in the search. One of the primary reasons would be a lack of required Google Attributes. It's entirely possible that GS was showing your items for a period of time, then noticed a problem and stopped showing them in the search. If this is the problem, you need to add all the required GS attributes then wait. It can take several weeks for the items to begin to show in GS again. You can also contact eCRATER customer service and ask if they can request GS to check your store (AFTER you've add the required attributes).

Not related to being shown in GS is the negative feedback you received. Based on your comment, send eCRATER all the details and request the feedback be removed. I can't say it would be done, but, based on what I see, it's worth the time to request a removal.

Others have mentioned your short titles and super short descriptions and I agree with them. The search engines depend on words to index you items. We have 100 characters we can use in the title and you should be using all the keywords a buyer may use to find an item. Some parts of the country NEVER use the phrase license plate, it's a tag. You should use both license plate and tag in all your titles. Also, it doesn't hurt to spell out the state and the 2 letter abbreviation. You need to describe all your items as if there is no photo! The search engine bots don't look at photos, but they bring you your potential customers so give them as much info as possible. These comments would have nothing to do with your sales falling off a cliff starting in November, but are related to building back your traffic.

Also, remember, on GS sites are bidding for position. If eBay raises the amount they are bidding and you are selling an item that seems to one of hundreds available on the internet, the high dollar is going to get a better position. This would be one way you can show your item isn't one of hundreds but unique because ... extra title description.
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you signed up for a higher fee with eCRATER than the basic 2.9%? That might help your things to show up on Google. It can take some work to get your items out in front of people.

Hi there,

How does one sign up for the higher fees?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a seller has been on eCRATER "a while" and paid their monthly fees on time, they are given the option to select a higher % of sale they are willing to pay in order for eCRATER to increase the amount they are paying to advertise the items on GS and other ad avenues. I do not know the answer to how long is "a while" and I don't know the answer as to how many billing cycles you must have paid fees.
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
After a seller has been on eCRATER "a while" and paid their monthly fees on time, they are given the option to select a higher % of sale they are willing to pay in order for eCRATER to increase the amount they are paying to advertise the items on GS and other ad avenues. I do not know the answer to how long is "a while" and I don't know the answer as to how many billing cycles you must have paid fees.

Thank you...hopefully I get sales so I have a bill to pay lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: