eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Global editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynmarkgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Global editor Reply with quote

What is global editor and how is it used?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The global editor is a way for you to changes a mass of things in your store like putting everything on sale 10% off Or adding a statement of some kind to all your listing or removing something from all your listings, or perhaps you want to discount an entire category.

When I was still selling internationally on a consistent basis, before the shipping skyrocketed, I would adjust my prices to reflect the latest currency values.
lynmarkgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome!
mi-chans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if I wanted to increase the price to all of my listings, I would do:

Action: Set Price
Operator: +
User Value: 1

Is that right? I don't want to accidentally change all my prices to $1.

Also, what if I wanted to raise my price 4%? How do I do that? I'm trying to make up for the shipping price increase since I offer free shipping. Razz

Thanks~
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, if I wanted to increase the price to all of my listings, I would do:

Action: Set Price
Operator: +
User Value: 1

So how much are you trying to increase your prices by if you are adding 1 to the operation? Are you trying to raise all your prices $1.00? Or by 1 penny?

Quote:
Also, what if I wanted to raise my price 4%? How do I do that? I'm trying to make up for the shipping price increase since I offer free shipping. Razz

In actual numbers how much do you want to add to your prices to help cover the shipping cost? 4% of $1.00 is 4 cents and 4% of $10.00 is 40 cents. Is this correct for what you want to do?

Only asking to be certain so you don't have some surprisingly huge or tiny changes that you weren't hoping for.

I will try to help but I need to know exactly what number you have and what you want to change it to. Did you actually want to run the global editor twice? Once to increase all your prices and once to increase your shipping. You should do it all at once.
mi-chans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure how much I wanted to raise my prices, so I was asking to cover all my basis for when I do finally make up my mind. And I've made up my mind. hahahahaha

I want to raise my prices 50 cents on items $7 or less and leave the rest. Is that possible?

I'm making this difficult, aren't I? Sorry. If that isn't possible, then 50 cents on all items.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mi-chans wrote:
I wasn't sure how much I wanted to raise my prices, so I was asking to cover all my basis for when I do finally make up my mind. And I've made up my mind. hahahahaha

I want to raise my prices 50 cents on items $7 or less and leave the rest. Is that possible?

I'm making this difficult, aren't I? Sorry. If that isn't possible, then 50 cents on all items.

Well, to begin with, you can only edit your items by category. So from what you said you want to dd 50 cents to everything. To check that you are doing this right (been a while since I did any of this now that I don't do international and had to change prices due to currency changes.) Use your stencil category to try out what you are doing.

--Stencils are your smallest category so I would use it as the category,
then as action use set price, (You can do all your categories at once if you like)
--then your base is your current price and your operator value is the + sign (if you were looking to change the price by a % you would use the * sign)
--then the user value is for you .50, Be sure you use the point in front of the 5 otherwise your stuff may all change by $50!
--Once you have everything ready to go (double checking that you used the right operator and the correct amount) click add.

With only a few things in that category, it should go through fairly fast and then if it is all okay, you can change the other categories. Don't do all categories as then the stencils would get changed yet again. Once you are comfortable with doing a global edit, you can try doing things without using just one small category.

When you have this all figured out and your head is clear (like maybe tomorrow)I have a question for you.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mi-chans wrote:
...I want to raise my prices 50 cents on items $7 or less and leave the rest. Is that possible?

It's not possible to use the Global Editor with a price sort. I did a search in your store of all items between 0.01 and 7.00 and found you have 96 items. If you really only want to change those items, it really wouldn't take too long to make the change. If I were to make the change, I'd go to my admin, enter the first category and sort by price from 0.01 to 7.00. This will give you the items it that category that need to be change. Highlight the list of products and click Print (in your browser) and select to print the selected items. This will give you a print-out of the items that need a new price that will allow to check off each item as you raise the price. If you do it per category, it shouldn't be an overwhelming task and would go rather quick since most of your price follow a pattern. You can select the order of which categories you want to change.

Another possibility would be to add a sub-category for each category you currently have. Move the items to be changed to the new sub-categories. Run the Global Editor for each sub-category to add the extra postage, then after the Global Editor is complete you can move them back to their original category.

Or, as you suggested, you could just run the Global Editor on all items.

Note, I don't know if it is required, but I think you are going to need a leading zero to the left of the decimal to get the Editor to add 50 cents. In other words, enter the 50 cents as 0.50 ..

It would be nice if you could post an update as to what action you decided to use and how well it worked for you. I'm sure we have sellers reading this that would like to hear your follow-up.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, the deal with the 0.50 or .50 I too was unsure of since it has been a while since I changed any prices with the global editor. Things don't stick in my brain the way they used to! Sad which is why I suggested she try it out with one small category that is easily able to be fixed manually if something doesn't go right. Very Happy I would hate to be the cause of someone completely messing up prices in their store.
mi-chans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up just going through each one individually and changed the prices. I thought about it and thought the Global Editor would change the prices of all new items I add later on. So I was afraid of doing it through the Global Editor. It took a few (long) hours of going through them all and change the prices of the ones I wanted to change.

Thank you guys for trying to help. Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry, I never realized that you might think of it that way, but the Global Editor only changes what is in inventory in a particular category or all categories at that point in time. I will not keep making changes to newly added inventory. It does what it does one and only one time.

But while it took you some time, at least your inventory was small enough to go through in an evening. When I hear folks complaining about the bulk downloader I want to laugh, many of us older sellers here didn't have that to use when we had to manually add our inventory one listing at a time! My first year I think I put up 5000 items and am now around 8000 here and 5000 also manually listed at Amazon.

Okay, a question for you. Do you use the die-cuts and embossing folders as you sell? Since I don't have enough hobbies already, I'm wondering if there a cheap way to use the die-cuts and embossers without a machine? Would like a rolling pin work or any other ideas? I can't find any suggestions in the cardmaking magazines that I have acquired, but have also gotten some neat die-cuts at the same time. Also is there a US magazine on card making with the same giveaways that the British magazines have? I realized that none of this has anything to do with selling on eCRATER. Sorry to the others. You can answer back if you have time via PM. Thanks. If anyone else knows, I'm listening. Very Happy
mi-chans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. Well, now I know for the next time postage goes up. Razz Thanks~

I'll PM you~
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: